• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are some "autistic problems" you need a solution for?

Right off the top of my head (and I think a lot of people here will agree), being able to get through a job interview without being perceived as weird or mentally deficient.

A few years ago, I applied for disability because of autism and ADD (firm diagnosis for both). The response was that, since I had held a job, my autism and ADD were not a disabilities. Never mind that autism and ADD were the reasons I lost that job and was never able to find steady work since.
I've noticed that more people are experiencing this type of discrimination. We're definitely going to look into it.

You seem mature and cool for 18!

But maybe I was just unusually not those things at 18. :eek:

Are these problems for you to take note of and add to a list somewhere for what subjects to discuss on a blog, a website, guide, etc, or are they things you plan on responding to right now, in this thread?

I appreciate your willingness to help. Still not sure my 2 biggest Autism problems of not having a license and getting long term permanent employment could be solved by you guys. Thanks just the same.

I am concerned after viewing your website. You want people to donate to an organization we have never heard of for a project you say you will do. How can we know you are not targeting autistics because you have heard we are gullible? Let your organization come through on what you say and then ask for money.

I'm also a little concerned, your website makes a lot of promises but there is nothing there to say that you have the skills within your organisation to fulfill those promises.
Crowdfunding? You are simply taking donations via Paypal, instead of using a crowdfunding site such as Gofundme (there are probably others) that operate with targets and if those targets are not made might result in refunds.
Your site doesn't even have a sample of the database yet.

Perhaps if you offer some unique solutions to problems posed by others here, then I and others might be more inclined to offer financial support to your site.

I came to this site, saw that what it was actually offering (not promising to offer) then paid for the lifetime membership.

Here is one of my problems I have often been told "It's not what you said it's the way you say it", but sometimes even when I ask them to clarify they can't even pinpoint exactly what I do/say wrong. How would you solve that?

Best of luck in your site, but please show us something of what it can do.

I had wondered the same, but, based on Renzo's reply to Pats, I think he may simply want to know which struggles we would like him to address, so that he can implement them into the product/ system he is developing.

@Ginseng, I can understand your concern, but, I think Renzo is here, solely, to inquire with us, where our difficulties lie, so that he/ his product/ system can most effectively, help those who would potentially, utilize it. I believe he, genuinely, wants to help.

It has become, quite, common for entrepreneurs who don't have the funds, to request public funding, and, there are those who have the ability to back inventors and start-up businesses, who look for these types of opportunities, particularly, if intended to be of help/ support.

Thank you! This thread has not been my best moments of figuring things out or understanding things said or not said. :eek:

I've noticed that more people are experiencing this type of discrimination. We're definitely going to look into it.
I wish you luck in your endeavors. Unfortunately, I don't anticipate a lot of success with your autism guide on the non autistic side. The problem is that the vast majority of NTs just plain don't care about autism or autistic people, and are unwilling to put in any effort to learn. I include a painfully large number of mental health professionals in this number. If they were, then efforts like yours and this forum would probably not be needed as much. The only ones who seem to actually care are people who are close to an autistic person. And a lot of autistics don't even have that. Overcoming this apathy is probably going to be your biggest problem.
Thanks for your efforts, and I hope you succeed.

Although, already mentioned, the job interviewing process is one of mine. Solutions to issues such as maintaining an acceptable appearance to the interviewer/ eye contact, facial expressions, body language, while, simultaneously, entrenched in what the interviewer is saying/ asking, and, I have difficulty answering questions, explaining/ describing things, spontaneously/spur of the moment. I had 17 interviews prior to acquiring my current job, and I think it was merely due to having some similar idiosyncrasies to my project director, who interviewed me.

I'm not sure if I have anything, further to add, at the present time, as I initially was thinking of, entirely, different types of struggles, more to do with difficulties I possess within myself. If I think of others, more applicable to your plight, I will post them.

Frankly... Nice looking site, but without any solid information. I appreciate that young people have the energy and idealism for projects like this, but when the text is mostly vague optimism about future plans, I have to wonder what's behind it in real-life terms. And frankly -- again -- exactly what do you think you can offer that isn't available on forums like this one, and blogs and books? And... how much life experience do you and your group actually have, other than your own personal experience, not even being out of your teens yet? I doubt you can offer much to older adults who have entirely different problems than someone of your age has.

And... as at least one other person has mentioned, your site's content is hardly sufficient motivation for people to throw their money at it.

You seem mature and cool for 18!

But maybe I was just unusually not those things at 18. :eek:

Are these problems for you to take note of and add to a list somewhere for what subjects to discuss on a blog, a website, guide, etc, or are they things you plan on responding to right now, in this thread?
Thank you! We are planning to write down all these "autistic problems " & come up with solutions for the ones that are solvable. We've also noticed that a lot of people have criticism about the way we do things & that some doubt our motives. Therefore, we're going to solve the small problems first, so we can convince these critics of our worth.

Tbh it is all 'plans' without any history or track record of any work or accomplishment. There is no official aspect or oversight (such as being a registered charity) and no way a person can be guaranteed their donated money will go into anything but someone's pocket. You should have done some work and had something to show other then a website. Either naive or scam. Not much to choose from.

Social skills and intimacy
Both physicial and mental intimacy seem to be the biggest struggle for me, I never want people close to me

What I need is NTs to stop seeing us as nothing but problems and broken objects that need fixing, and the anti-vaxxers to stop posting their outrageous lies and brainwashing paranoid and gullible parents. Like that'll ever happen. I should really just give up.

..., and the anti-vaxxers to stop posting their outrageous lies and brainwashing paranoid and gullible parents.
I don't believe that vaccines cause autism, but that is off-topic here. There is another angle. PM me, if you are interested.

@Renzo, most people (NT or ND) don't know what problems need solving. If someone is consciously aware of a problem, then they have likely already tried to solve it. If a problem is consciously known to a group of people, then they will share their solutions.

Think of the things that we can't live without nowadays (the internet, smart phones, etc.) and then go back 20 years before those things and ask, "Who was asking for these things to be invented?" No one was, because no one was aware of the "problem". Some of the most ingenious solutions were created by the first person to consciously recognize an existing problem.

Rather than asking, "What unsolved problems do you have", I'd recommend spending some time reading this forum (and others?) and gathering data on what complaints you see repeatedly. Then ask the 5 Whys. Once you have identified a problem, then you can start your organization working on a solution.

So go ahead and get your struggles off your chest!
I've been told that it is my autistic inability to read non-verbal communication which is behind my abject failure to form romantic relationships, as I don't recognise when someone is interested in me and act accordingly. How do I overcome this?

New Threads

Top Bottom