• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are some "autistic problems" you need a solution for?

Renzo

Hey, I'm Renzo and I got a question for you guys. I recently started an organization called Autistic Spirits and I'm looking for some problems me & my team can solve. So go ahead and get your struggles of your chest!

Nice to know there's a team of people out there willing and able to problem solve. Could you be a little more specific?

You said you have a question but didn't ask one! Is it coming? Because that's a lot of suspense. :eek:

Last edited:
Hey, I'm Renzo and I got a question for you guys. I recently started an organization called Autistic Spirits and I'm looking for some problems me & my team can solve. So go ahead and get your struggles of your chest!
Right off the top of my head (and I think a lot of people here will agree), being able to get through a job interview without being perceived as weird or mentally deficient.

A few years ago, I applied for disability because of autism and ADD (firm diagnosis for both). The response was that, since I had held a job, my autism and ADD were not a disabilities. Never mind that autism and ADD were the reasons I lost that job and was never able to find steady work since.

Hi Renzo I looked at your blog, it's nicely designed, just one detail you could correct would be when you use the word learn, in some places it should be teaching, or inform, we don't usually say, I will learn you about something, in English, except in dialect and then it usually is a threat - Ha, that'll learn ya! Someone might say, a tad unkindly. .. I hope your idea works well, it's much needed.

I guess a further point I d offer is that there's many answers to questions people may have, I liked the style of a Jessica Kingsley publication that came out a while back, where various people on the spectrum opined and explored autism relevant issues, so there were a lot of opinions and experiences on offer, no one answer.

Nice to know there's a team of people out there willing and able to problem solve. Could you be a little more specific?

Hey ya, Pats. I think Renzo and his team feel confident that they can solve our “problems” associated with Autism.

I think the entire Autistic community has been waiting for just such a team to come along and solve our problems.

I look forward to watching this play out .... well-intentioned and unconditional or not.

Last edited:
Hi Renzo. Congratulations, and all the best with your new organization! I remember you from your introduction post, when you initially, joined the forum. I look forward to returning, tomorrow, with a few things that, perhaps, you and your team can sort out for me! : ),

It's good to see another project of this nature getting off the ground. There's couple of "for autistic people, by autistic people" initiatives getting started, one of which I'm involved in myself. It's time our own voices were raised to drown out the many voices from outside the spectrum who think they know better than we do.

Sure. We're looking for some (everyday) problems that a lot of autistic people struggle with. We want to solve them by, for example, creating a product or system which will tackle the problem.

Hey ya, Pats. I think Renzo and his team feel confident that they can solve our “problems” associated with Autism.

I think the entire Autistic community has been waiting for just such a team to come along and solve our problems.

I look forward to watching this play out .... well-intentioned and unconditional or not.
Thank you for the nice words!

Hi Renzo. Congratulations, and all the best with your new organization! I remember you from your introduction post, when you initially, joined the forum. I look forward to returning, tomorrow, with a few things that, perhaps, you and your team can sort out for me! : ),
Thanks! We're looking forward to helping you.

Hi Renzo I looked at your blog, it's nicely designed, just one detail you could correct would be when you use the word learn, in some places it should be teaching, or inform, we don't usually say, I will learn you about something, in English, except in dialect and then it usually is a threat - Ha, that'll learn ya! Someone might say, a tad unkindly. .. I hope your idea works well, it's much needed.

I guess a further point I d offer is that there's many answers to questions people may have, I liked the style of a Jessica Kingsley publication that came out a while back, where various people on the spectrum opined and explored autism relevant issues, so there were a lot of opinions and experiences on offer, no one answer.
First of all, thank you for reading this thread. We operate from The Netherlands, so all grammatical-related help is welcome:tearsofjoy:. I'd also like to thank you for the criticism because it helps us to improve our projects. We'll definitely use your opinion to improve our concept of the Autism Guide.

The fact that if you are not NT, or otherwise in perfect mental and physical health, nobody will employ you outside of the voluntary sector.

This year it'll be 27 years come the end of April since I left school, and I've done nearly all voluntary work ever since.

It's good to see another project of this nature getting off the ground. There's couple of "for autistic people, by autistic people" initiatives getting started, one of which I'm involved in myself. It's time our own voices were raised to drown out the many voices from outside the spectrum who think they know better than we do.
I completely agree with you, we should teach non-autistic people what autism is instead of the other way around. By the way, I visited (and subscribed to) your youtube channel and I think you're creating great content. Keep up the good work!

The fact that if you are not NT, or otherwise in perfect mental and physical health, nobody will employ you outside of the voluntary sector.

This year it'll be 27 years come the end of April since I left school, and I've done nearly all voluntary work ever since.
I'm still busy with my study so I haven't experienced this type of discrimination yet. However, I do recognize this as a serious problem and me & my team will see what we can do.

Yes, I have a problem. Why do some NT’s have such trouble “getting us.” This even goes into the medical community. I have been to two therapist who have no training in autism and don’t even seem to understand that adult women can have autism. They end up doing severe damage. Why is this dx so difficult for some people?

Yes, I have a problem. Why do some NT’s have such trouble “getting us.” This even goes into the medical community. I have been to two therapist who have no training in autism and don’t even seem to understand that adult women can have autism. They end up doing severe damage. Why is this dx so difficult for some people?
Thank you for replying to my thread. This is a problem we're already planning to solve and one of the ways we're going to do it is with the Autism Guide, for more info we recommend you click on the link.

New Threads

Top Bottom