• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Anime Are You Watching?

Do you watch anime?

• yes

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • never have

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rarely

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
In what way if you don't mind me asking?
Just curious.
In the same way most eurobeat cracks me up with the nature of the lyrics. I think the part that makes me feel the most funny is when he starts speaking:
"What were you thinking, telling me to change my game?
This style wasn't going anywhere; it was kaput!
You want to see what I've done with this place; this whole thing?
You want to see that I changed the game?
No, I AM the game!
Before I knew where this was going, I would've listened to you
Right now, I distance myself from what you have to say!
I made this something way bigger than you're ever gonna be
I made it this far; and I'm taking it to the top"

It's good and it's funny to me in a way that's hard to articulate. :bicyclist:

In the same way most eurobeat cracks me up with the nature of the lyrics. I think the part that makes me feel the most funny is when he starts speaking:
"What were you thinking, telling me to change my game?
This style wasn't going anywhere; it was kaput!
You want to see what I've done with this place; this whole thing?
You want to see that I changed the game?
No, I AM the game!
Before I knew where this was going, I would've listened to you
Right now, I distance myself from what you have to say!
I made this something way bigger than you're ever gonna be
I made it this far; and I'm taking it to the top"

It's good and it's funny to me in a way that's hard to articulate. :bicyclist:

Fair enough.
Speaking of Eurobeat, have you heard the Eurobeat versions of Disney songs? (here's an example if you haven't).

I'm not currently watching it on account of it having finished (and me having finished watching it) but the most recent anime I completed was Delicious Party Precure, the 19th entry in the long-running Precure series.

I kind of have...mixed feelings on the show overall. I loved the characters (except for a certain one due to his fandom), the setting, the music, and so much of the show. But the story is really where it fell kind of flat and part of that was through no fault of its own. Precure is a Toei anime and if you at all followed anime news, you know Toei Animation got hacked last year and that meant Precure was on hiatus after the fifth episode aired on 6 March and the sixth episode didn't air until 17 April.

Unfortunately, as a consequence of this hiatus, it means that four episodes were most likely cancelled in order to keep the air dates for the seasons on track (Precure seasons run from the first Sunday in February until the last Sunday the following January. The only two seasons to 'break' this rule are 2020's Healin' Good Precure, which ran from the first Sunday in February 2020 until the third Sunday in February 2021 [because of COVID-19, the series was put on hiatus after episode 12 aired on 19 April 2020 and didn't resume airing until 28 June 2020] and 2021's Tropical Rouge Precure, which aired from the last Sunday in February 2021 until the last Sunday in January 2022. If Delicious Party had run normally and didn't have to go on a hiatus, it'd have run for 49 episodes and not 45 episodes).

And, once again unfortunately, it's highly likely that those cancelled four episodes are why the story kind of fell flat because there's plot elements of the series that just went completely unexplained and, while this part is speculation on my part, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd been planned to be explored in these possible canned episodes (Toei's admittedly not gone on record yet as to what the general plots of these canned episodes are, but we do know it's happened because at their summer investors meeting, they mentioned how they were discussing if they should extend the run of Delicious Party to accommodate the hiatus or have it run until the 'normal' end time and have the series be shorter, unfortunately they chose the later).

Possibly the biggest unexplained and unanswered plot element is:
One of the four Precure of the season, Amane Kasai (who transforms into Cure Finale) starts out the series as Gentle, a member of the Bundoru Gang and one of the series' villains.

While it's explained in the series that she had been brainwashed by the Bundoru Gang into becoming Gentle, the series never explains why they targeted and brainwashed her into joining them nor does it explain why Narcistoru (who may have been the one to have brainwashed her, considering that after she first breaks free from the brainwashing, he kidnaps her, takes her back to the Bundoru Gang hideout, and brainwashes her back to being evil) is so obsessed with her villainous persona early on.

Incidentally, the series also doesn't exactly explain why Narcistoru joined the Bundoru Gang either, other than a brief flashback of him in the past not being able to enjoy food and that's it.

Ah, well either way I am highly looking forward to the new season, Hirogaru Sky Precure, which starts tomorrow evening here in the US/Sunday morning in Japan because it seriously breaking old trends in a major way:
In every other Precure season, the team is predominantly middle-school aged girls (typically between 13 and 15 years old, although some characters start out at 12 and turn 13 during the series run), although a couple seasons have Precure who are in elementary school and a couple of ones who are 17 years old and the lead Cure's color classification is always officially pink (even two series where her outfit wasn't actually pink - Nagisa Misumi/Cure Black from the first two seasons has a predominantly black outfit, with pink as an accent color and Manatsu Natsuumi/Cure Summer from Tropical Rouge Precure's outfit is white/rainbow but both characters are officially classified as being pink.

Anyways, in Hirogaru Sky Precure, here's how it's playing out:
- Sora Harewataru/Cure Sky: She's the lead Cure of the season. Her outfit and official color is blue, so we're having a non-pink Cure lead the team. She's also the first lead Cure to not actually be Japanese, she's from the fictional kingdom of Sky Land.

- Mashiro Nijigaoka/Cure Prism: She's the one who fits the standard Precure mold the most. She's a 14 year old Japanese middle schooler.

- Cure Wing (pretty sure their real name has been leaked but I can't remember it off hand): They're 12 years old and ALSO A BOY. We're getting a boy Precure this year as part of the team.

- Cure Butterfly (same as above with Wing's real name): She's the Pink Cure this year (so Toei can't go 'Umm technically Cure Sky is classified as pink even though she's blue'). She's also 18 years old, which makes her the first unambiguously adult to be a Precure. I have to say unambiguously because in Star Twinkle Precure, you had the character of Lala Hagoromo/Cure Milky who was 13 years old but was also an alien and on her home planet was considered an adult and in Healin Good Precure, you had Asumi Fuurin/Cure Earth who was physically about 20 years old but was actually a wind spirit and therefore was literally born physically 20 years old while knowing literally nothing about the human world.

So yeah, in the season that premieres tomorrow/Sunday, we're gonna be getting our first non-pink lead, our first boy Cure as part of the team, and first officially adult Precure.

No I hadn't before, that is actually really nice! Thank you for showin' me. Disney and eurobeat is a good combo.
No worries. :)

Speaking of music, I might as well show this one again that I posted on a previous thread; it been the music video for "On Your Mark" by Japanese Rock Band Chage & Aska. Hayao Miyazaki - who was having writer's block while writing Princess Mononoke - wrote and directed this short film as a side project.
Portrayed in a non-linear style with multiple reiterations and alternate scenes, the story shows two policeman been part of a raid on a religious cult - only to find an imprisoned girl within the cult who resembles an Angel due to having feathered wings on her back.
When the girl is taken away to a secure laboratory, the two officers - fearing for what will happen to her - decide to mount a rescue mission to save the "Angel" and set her free.

The video can be interpreted a number of ways, although Miyazaki's own interpretation is that the "Angel" represents Hope - with the best way to protect hope been to paradoxically "to let it go where no-one can touch it".

Hello, Just found this thread! I'm not keeping up with this current winter/spring anime season, but am hoping to use this time to catch up on older series. I'd like to watch more Urusei Yatsura (both the modern remake and the original) and I need to finish Lucky Star, as I started it in January but took a short break when I had a sudden superhero/Batman hyperfixation hit me and it was all I could think of. For newer anime, I'm considering starting Yuru Camp, as I really enjoy a comfortable slice-of-life series and the art from what i've seen looks gorgeous. I know they just wrapped up a new season and I'd love to get caught up before the next one starts. I'd also like to watch the new Gundam (I believe its called witch mercury or something of that sort) and hopefully it'll be a good in for me to finally get more into Gundam as a series.

Hello, Just found this thread! I'm not keeping up with this current winter/spring anime season, but am hoping to use this time to catch up on older series. I'd like to watch more Urusei Yatsura (both the modern remake and the original) and I need to finish Lucky Star, as I started it in January but took a short break when I had a sudden superhero/Batman hyperfixation hit me and it was all I could think of. For newer anime, I'm considering starting Yuru Camp, as I really enjoy a comfortable slice-of-life series and the art from what i've seen looks gorgeous. I know they just wrapped up a new season and I'd love to get caught up before the next one starts. I'd also like to watch the new Gundam (I believe its called witch mercury or something of that sort) and hopefully it'll be a good in for me to finally get more into Gundam as a series.
Since you mentioned about Batman, maybe see if you can give the film Batman Ninja a go if you haven't seen it already:

I'm currently on the fourth part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, I don't like the change of art style, but I'm curious about the plot

New Threads

Top Bottom