• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Anime Are You Watching?

Do you watch anime?

• yes

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • never have

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rarely

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
This is from awhile ago but wouldn't mind re-opening it. Haven't really watched any other than aggretsuko, awhile ago. It's interesting to see adult orientated sanrio, I find the show to be pretty good! An adult show done in good taste. About a young woman at her job and everyone's an animal, she being a red panda.

What made me revisit this thread though- I'm real excited for Beastars, based on the time stop animation opening. Looks like something unique and worthwhile. Not yet on Netflix, but I think otherwise there's maybe even a full season out. I have a feeling it's going to get pretty big too.... This show is also about animals leading human lives. But I have the feeling it's not as innocent as aggretsuko, mind you. XD

I recently rewatched Boogiepop Phantom as it was just added to Funimation's streaming service. That was such a great series.

I came across Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid by accident and, after watching it in full, honestly fell in love with the series.

It begins with a hungover human woman named Kobayashi getting ready for work, only to find an enormous dragon from a fantasy world waiting for her outside her apartment door - who promptly transforms into a (mostly) human woman in a cafe maid's outfit.
The dragon, named Tohru, explains that she and Kobayashi met in the mountains the previous night - with an intoxicated Kobayashi (who was there because she missed her train stop) helping to save Tohru and the pair drunkenly bonding over their shared grievances and loneliness before Kobayashi invited Tohru to stay with her and work as her maid, which Tohru gladly accepted.
While Kobayashi is understandably shocked as she had only faint memory of this, she eventually relents and allows Tohru to start working for her - which for Tohru serves both as repayment of her debt due to Kobayashi saving her life and because she's fallen in love with her new employer.

The anime itself is a nice little slice of life with plenty of moments that are serious, heartwarming and funny. Throughout the series we also get introduced to other dragons who come to stay in our world including Kanna (a young exile to whom Kobayashi becomes a surrogate mother), Elma (Tohru's gluttonous rival) and the legendary dragons Fafnir and Quetzalcoatl (Lucoa).
All the while, we see Tohru and Kobayashi go through their own changes, with the pair not always agreeing on everything and getting on each other's nerves at times, but both ultimately providing good for the other - with it been pointed out that before they met, neither used to smile very often. It's also pretty funny when you realize that while Tohru is powerful enough to fight with Gods and bring about Armageddon, she's willing working as a maid for a human she could kill with barely a thought.
(On a side note, I actually prefer the Dub over the Sub on this one).

Here's the intro:

Apparently there was a second season planned, but those plans are currently up in the air as sadly a lot of people working on the series lost their lives in the arson attack on Kyoto Animation.

Last edited:
I absolutely love the dragon maid character designs. Vibrant eyes, ombre hair, tohru's green tail in contrast.
Guilty of only watching clips, I should just go ahead and really watch it.

I love the initial D music, if I get a jpn PS2 I totally want the game also :D

Have I been watching anime? Awhile ago I gave Sakamoto desu ga or Haven't you heard? I'm sakamoto. a try. A comedy.

I recently watched the very short 14 epsiodes of Orenchi no Furo Jijou

97a4e5a81e59cbf44100743b21454abff667f5dd_hq.gif

I liked it.

I've started giving Squid Girl a go but I'm not far enough into it (2 episodes of Season 1) to give an honest opinion.

I've also got a few anime planned to watch at some point - those been Tico and Friends, Creamy Mami, Zettai Karen Children, Dragonar Academy, Secret of Cerulean Sand and Waiting in the Summer - along with the 1986 OVA Nayuta.

Last edited:
Cobra the Animation. It is incredible. Giving me some real ‘80s anime vibes.

A few reviews from me:

Squid Girl
Finished watching the English dub of Squid Girl and for what it was worth, it was decent.
The show focuses on Squid Girl - a young girl who looks like a human with a squid cap on her head and her hair been blue tentacles - who comes to the surface with the impulsive intention to invade and take over mankind to punish them for polluting the sea.
However, it quickly becomes apparent when she makes her presence know at a beachside restaurant run by the Aizawa family (Chizuru, Eiko and their younger brother Takeru) that she's way over her head - having no idea what the military is and thinking humanity numbered just a few thousand globally instead of over 7 billion). To top it off, she accidentally puts a hole in the wall while trying to swat a mosquito with her tentacles - leading to Eiko and Chizuru forcing her to work as a waitress to pay off the damages.

It got a good few laughs out of me with certain episodes - such as when Squid Girl meets new employee Nagisa and keeps trying to scare her as much as possible, when they're trying to learn the British 'cockney' accent and when Squid Girl first invites her new friend Kiyomi over - only to become paranoid that Chizuru will kill her for not asking permission beforehand. There's also some pretty heartfelt episodes - especially the ones featuring "Mini Squid Girl", which I recommend you keep a box of tissues next to you for if you're the sensitive type.
That said, there are some episodes that do get a bit more annoying (mainly due to Squid Girl's impulsive, child-like personality) that I skipped through. Also, the fact that pretty much all the dubbing voice cast is changed for Season 2 is pretty jarring at times while the three segments of each episode are shown in any random order, so you might notice discrepancies at times.
That said, I still enjoyed it and like re-watching certain episodes of the show.

I mentioned wanting to watch Creamy Mami, but sadly I couldn't get into that one that much so I ended up giving up after going through about half of the first season.

Figure 17 - Tsubasa & Hikaru
One of those anime that's hard to fit into one genre - combining slice of life, sci-fi, magical girl and other genres - as well as defining who its audience is supposed to be. It focuses on a young girl named Tsubasa Shiina, who is a shy introvert with no confidence following the loss of her mum, moving from Tokyo to a farm in Hokkaido with her Dad as he follows his dream of learning to become a baker.
One night, she witnesses a spaceship crash into the forest and goes to it after the farm's dog runs into the woods. Upon reaching the ship, she finds the injured pilot but has to avoid been attacked by an alien monster called a Maguar - with Tsubasa climbing into the spacecraft and accidentally bonding with an intelligent metallic bio-suit called a 'Riberse'; transforming into a metallic humanoid called a 'Figure'. Working with the suit's artificial intelligence, which communicates with her telepathically, she is able to kill the Maguar before separating from the Figure. However, with its storage unit destroyed, the Riberse copies her DNA and becomes a clone of Tsubasa - complete with all her memories thanks to the telepathic link but with a more extroverted personality.

The clone - dubbing herself Hikaru - and the alien pilot (dubbed "D.D") both settle with Tsubasa, with D.D using his powers to make Tsubasa's dad believe that he always had twin daughters and that Hikaru was staying with her Aunt. Living together, both Tsubasa and Hikaru begin to bond - both having strengths and weaknesses that the other compliments while Hikaru helps Tsubasa to come out of her shell.
However, with other Maguar on the loose after escaping following the spaceship crash and each evolving into more powerful forms, Tsubasa and Hikaru find themselves having to join together to become a Figure in order to defeat them with the help of D.D and later D.D's backup, Orudina - trying to stop them before they become too powerful and destroy all life on Earth.

The show itself is well made, although each of the 13 episodes are twice as long as a normal anime episode so there is a slower pace and much more time spent with developing the relationships between the characters. That said, it does mean there are some who won't like it or times when it will feel like the anime is dragging.
There are plenty of heartfelt moments, both happy and sad throughout, and when the show does have action scenes they're pretty well done - even if the girls themselves don't partake in them.
All in all, I'd recommend this one.

Last edited:
After over a year hiatus, I'm back, sup!

Got anime cravings recently and actually came across something good!
Kimi ni Todoke (From me to You) is currently on netflix, it is romance which is an unusual genre for me, but the main character is aspie-like, and I find the show to be clever.
AAAABfQcfExd-owivBBwnuonRlEuL1T4L4cA6-4wKpmTrQWrzaS18H6jR06T_X_b2O6LENKj9ZqR7LIglNtjR7Jyw58yIk...jpg

I find this show to be about; what it's like to be an innocent, good intended aspie in public school surrounded by much less honest personalities, and the interesting interactions that ensue. More so than romance, at least so far.

On the other hand, I tried out a romance manga called "Say I Love you". I personally felt like it was kind of juvenile and it weirded me out.

After over a year hiatus, I'm back, sup!

Got anime cravings recently and actually came across something good!
Kimi ni Todoke (From me to You) is currently on netflix, it is romance which is an unusual genre for me, but the main character is aspie-like, and I find the show to be clever.
View attachment 95303
I find this show to be about; what it's like to be an innocent, good intended aspie in public school surrounded by much less honest personalities, and the interesting interactions that ensue. More so than romance, at least so far.

On the other hand, I tried out a romance manga called "Say I Love you". I personally felt like it was kind of juvenile and it weirded me out.

Welcome back. :D

Kimi ni Todoke sounds like something I might want to check out. :)

A few OVAs that I've watched previously and like:

Awaiting your place in the future - A young man named Souta, while house-hunting out in Tokyo for him and his fiance Miki, notices and follows a strange bird; leading him to an encounter with a lost woman who is very far from home.

Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman - A Power Rangers parody (split into two OVAs) about a young man who joins a Trading Company, only to become part of a select few in a secret combat unit dubbed the "Shinesman"; learning that Earth is under threat from an invasion by the aliens of Planet Voice.
As such, the Shinesman's mission is to defend Earth from these threats - with both sides having some comical moments:

New Threads

Top Bottom