• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have 3 (so far). They're posted on the thread @ksheehan88 started, but in case you don't want to dig about there..

C3POtattoo.jpg makerstattoo.jpg beartattoo.jpg

I have 3 (so far). They're posted on the thread @ksheehan88 started, but in case you don't want to dig about there..

View attachment 32835 View attachment 32836 View attachment 32837
oh wow your bear tat is my fave xudo.

i have wanted some specific tats for years, austin but i have had such acute sensory issues including around noise that i couldnt cope with the noise of the machine.
however,i have mellowed a bit so i dont react so violently towards myself with the noise and i think i could cope with it with my ear plugs and ear defenders in/on,i want a tattoo of my beloved chicken;tito who was named after tito mukhopadhyay,i bred him from egg stage in my bedroom, he along with four japanese cochin cockerels and one japanese cochin hen were stolen after a support staff from the childrens unit of the residential home left the gate to the secure garden open, that along with the bullying i suffered from one mentally ill scumbag online got me locked up in a secure hospital and i lost my home,i love tito to bits still and i want to dedicate a part of me to my boy.
he would sit in my arms or on my shoulder taking everything in as we walked around,he was so tame he even sat on my then 1 and a half year old niece,he was the cheekiest chick in the incubator,he had his head up all the time looking out-very inquisitive.
he was my autism support chicken-my behaviors were lessened when i spent time with him.

i also want a tattoo of some of my cats including mr shadow and biscuit, they mean so much to me i want to dedicate a part of my body to them to show them i love them very much.

I have no tattoos, but I want to get a sleeve done. huhu.
I'm fond of tattoos that look like optical illusions

Love the C3PO and "Makers gonna make" tattoos. Although, I gotta ask, is that 3rd one a homemade prison-style stick and poke tattoo using india ink and a needle? Because I was thinking of giving myself a few of those.

Haha, no it's a professionally done one. It looks a bit weird I think because I had to take an awkward photo of it myself. It was a really cheap flash piece for Friday 13th. It was actually done by the same guy who did C3PO.

i have wanted some specific tats for years, austin but i have had such acute sensory issues including around noise that i couldnt cope with the noise of the machine.
however,i have mellowed a bit so i dont react so violently towards myself with the noise and i think i could cope with it with my ear plugs and ear defenders in/on,i want a tattoo of my beloved chicken;tito who was named after tito mukhopadhyay,i bred him from egg stage in my bedroom, he along with four japanese cochin cockerels and one japanese cochin hen were stolen after a support staff from the childrens unit of the residential home left the gate to the secure garden open, that along with the bullying i suffered from one mentally ill scumbag online got me locked up in a secure hospital and i lost my home,i love tito to bits still and i want to dedicate a part of me to my boy.
he would sit in my arms or on my shoulder taking everything in as we walked around,he was so tame he even sat on my then 1 and a half year old niece,he was the cheekiest chick in the incubator,he had his head up all the time looking out-very inquisitive.
he was my autism support chicken-my behaviors were lessened when i spent time with him.

i also want a tattoo of some of my cats including mr shadow and biscuit, they mean so much to me i want to dedicate a part of my body to them to show them i love them very much.

Thanks @toothless :) Also, depending on where you go, some tattooists these days actually use machines that are designed to be quieter. The guy who did the little bear and C3PO had one that he said he used partly because it was so much quieter than other machines.

So sorry about your loss. Chickens, and turkeys (perhaps ducks as well) can be incredible pets. I still miss a couple of bantam black silkies my sister had, and a couple of friendly turkeys an aunt and uncle owned. After reading your post I think I'm going to consider getting a couple of chickens, I forget sometimes how much fun they are. If you do get a tattoo I think a memorial to tito would be a good one.

Yeah, the noise can be a bit annoying at first, but I personally got used to it after the first hour. My tattoo took 4 hours, and it only cost $200, at $50 an hour. My buddy did it using his own professionally made tattoo gun in his apartment, so I didn't get it done at a shop. I vividly remember smoking a cigarette while getting it done too, and I honestly thought I was a hard-ass for getting something so edgy. But I've grown accustomed to my tattoo, and it's a part of who I am today.

I'm bumping up an old thread. I had an idea to start a tattoo thread then thought "Nah... I bet this forum already has a few of those *search*"

I like that C3PO one that xudo has.

I myself do not have any tattoos and will not get one. Quite frankly I don't believe in anything so strongly that I would permanently stamp it onto my body so it can't be changed. When I was a teenager I was wanting to get one but didn't. It would have been a skull with flames coming out of it or something to that effect I'm sure. I wasn't quite a goth kid but some kind of misfit who certainly leaned in that "dark" direction. I would be regretting the tattoo now. At 31 years old if I could actually make my mind up on a tattoo that I like, I'm sure I would again find it stupid by the time I'm 40.

I think they are neat when they were well done and are somehow thoughtful and original. Some are just douchey though. Tonight I was at the gym (which was my inspiration for the thread) I wondered "Why does pretty much every huge muscular guy have to get a ton of tattoos?" Especially the tribal tattoo stuff. Which came first, the muscles or the tattoos?

Tribal tattoos I think are douchey. They would have been meaningful to Pacific Islanders who used them to identify themselves with their tribe. Now it has becomes a cliche of the muscular guy or others who think it makes them look bad ass.

The other douche tattoo I have to say are the random Chinese words. I could understand it if you are Chinese, or at least have some connection to there. Maybe you taught or worked there for a couple years, maybe your spouse is Chinese, maybe you just eat excessive amounts of Chinese take out (kidding), I could see it then. If you're just some asshole that would fit in with the cast of "Jersey Shore" who thought it looked cool then I think it makes a horrible tattoo.

My favorite tattoo is actually a fictional one. In the animated show "Metalocalypse" the character William Murderface has a tattoo across his gut that reads "This mess is a place." Brilliant! I could think of some people who could use that as some kind of wall art in their homes. Who thought to make that as a tattoo however, it's so random and crazy it's genius.

I like that C3PO one that xudo has.

Thank you. That's the one I get compliments about most. We had a salesman come to the door last week, and he spent longer talking about C3PO than he did about what he was actually there for.

When I was a teenager I was wanting to get one but didn't. It would have been a skull with flames coming out of it or something to that effect I'm sure. I wasn't quite a goth kid but some kind of misfit who certainly leaned in that "dark" direction. I would be regretting the tattoo now.

My sister and I were both kinda goth when we were in our teens. I was sensible and didn't get any tattoos at that point. She went and had this crappy flash skull done on her back (it's pretty small) on her 18th birthday. I always said she'd regret it and she swore blind she wouldn't. She's now 29, not goth at all and regrets that tattoo :p

Do you have tattoos? Some Aspies cannot even stand to get blood taken and others are hammered with tattoos....Could it be that those who need sensory input like tattoos while those who cannot stand sensory input avoid them?

If you have tattoos, how did that work with your sensory issues? Are your sensory issues the kind here you seek them out or do you have avoidant sensory issues?

Also, please include piercings as well. Oh, add pictures of your tattoos if you like! :)

I have a ton of tattoos and find it calming/therapeutic to get tattooed from a good artist. I can't photo most of them but here's an awkward angle of one.

Attachments

• IMG_20200724_060601.jpg
    IMG_20200724_060601.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 133
The only tattoos I've ever had are the kind that wash off. If other people want real tattoos, it's there decision. They should just really think about how permanent tattoos are and just because they like it now doesn't mean they're going to for the rest of their lives. Or even a month from now.

Last edited:
I have one a botanical style Star Gazer lily which i love and people often admire, i had this done late in life, my drive was to have my favourite flower near by always.

New Threads

Top Bottom