• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hideous and filthy are good adjectives to describe.
No sarcasm. Succinct. I do not mind others' opinions.

My tattoos are for me. I enjoy them. Care less if any one else does or doesn't. If you have one or three... folks vocalize. If you are covered... folks make polite conversation.

Either way, it feels like putting cigarettes out on myself.
I feel good about buying her a new Rover. Like her art work.
Win win.

My tattoo stories are complicated o_O Had some, got them removed, but not really - just ended up with scars. Now I kind of want what I should have gotten from the start - a full back piece. But I'm not sure if I ever will. Definitely don't have the money for that now anyway. It's hard to decide what I'd want to get. It's hard to put all my trust in someone else's hands. It's hard to trust how I myself would react - one part of the problem the last time was that I hadn't realized how much I wanted control over whether people saw my ink or not - and how much that would control my clothing choices, and then clothing moves, of course, etc. But I think well-done tattoos can be beautiful.

I'm not planning on get one anytime soon. Well, probably never actually. Amongst many reasons: draws too much attention, hard to get rid of (so choose wisely!) and scars make for better stories anyways.

I'm not planning on get one anytime soon. Well, probably never actually. Amongst many reasons: draws too much attention, hard to get rid of (so choose wisely!) and scars make for better stories anyways.

Maybe others don't have much trouble with lasering, but I found trying to laser them off was one of the worst experiences of my life. Instead of the casual friendly tattoo shop atmosphere, it was very cold, clinical and judgemental (just the place I went, I guess?), and it was FAR more painful and FAR more expensive. I am actually wondering whether my own scars would make for better stories than a coverup.

Maybe others don't have much trouble with lasering, but I found trying to laser them off was one of the worst experiences of my life. Instead of the casual friendly tattoo shop atmosphere, it was very cold, clinical and judgemental (just the place I went, I guess?), and it was FAR more painful and FAR more expensive. I am actually wondering whether my own scars would make for better stories than a coverup.

I've heard that laser removal hurts more than getting a tattoo. There's actually a tattoo shop in my city that also does laser removal!

I've heard that laser removal hurts more than getting a tattoo. There's actually a tattoo shop in my city that also does laser removal!
If they are good, they may be a lot nicer than the doctors, definitely more understanding and less judgemental - well, my doctor was so horrible in his attitude that it really increased my anxiety, he acted like I was a nuisance for even breathing - I think he hated people. So add on top of that the usual pain, a very stressful time in my life, and the loud noise of the laser causing panic attacks - it was the worst. He actually yelled at my during my panic attack for having one - he said he had other things to do and I shouldn't be having an issue, and that he was going to refuse me treatment in the future. :eek: Yes, the tattoo and the noise of the tattoo gun were not a big deal for me, anyway, as far as pain - and I was so excited to get the tattoo, so all of that helped :) They were great tattoos, but like I said, it's a long, complicated story. If I ever feel sure about a full back piece - or maybe even just larger back tattoos to cover up my scars, I would go back and get it done. As for the lasering - at least I did learn that noise stresses me out - I actually hadn't realized it before, and now I use earplugs to prevent stress from noisy environments.

If they are good, they may be a lot nicer than the doctors, definitely more understanding and less judgemental - well, my doctor was so horrible in his attitude that it really increased my anxiety, he acted like I was a nuisance for even breathing - I think he hated people. So add on top of that the usual pain, a very stressful time in my life, and the loud noise of the laser causing panic attacks - it was the worst. He actually yelled at my during my panic attack for having one - he said he had other things to do and I shouldn't be having an issue, and that he was going to refuse me treatment in the future. :eek: Yes, the tattoo and the noise of the tattoo gun were not a big deal for me, anyway, as far as pain - and I was so excited to get the tattoo, so all of that helped :) They were great tattoos, but like I said, it's a long, complicated story. If I ever feel sure about a full back piece - or maybe even just larger back tattoos to cover up my scars, I would go back and get it done. As for the lasering - at least I did learn that noise stresses me out - I actually hadn't realized it before, and now I use earplugs to prevent stress from noisy environments.

I couldn't go through laser removal, no way.

I wouldn't want to anyways, and even if in the future I decided I didn't like my tattoos... well, it'll be tough because I'll have so many lol.

I couldn't go through laser removal, no way.

I wouldn't want to anyways, and even if in the future I decided I didn't like my tattoos... well, it'll be tough because I'll have so many lol.
If I had known how awful the lasering would be for me, all that pain and expense and now scars....I would have definitely just left the tattoos alone! But of course, other people have no problem with lasering them off without the issues I happened to have.

Hey guys, Austin here. I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on tattoos? I personally think they're badass as hell, and I want more. Do you have any tattoos? I only have one, which is a grim reaper with skulls and souls on my inner forearm. I wish I could upload a picture, but I don't know how. All opinions are welcome, like always.

I don't particularly like tattoos. You're within your right to have one but they aren't something I think are particularly nice looking. I look at the older generation who had tattoos done when they were in their early years and they just look terrible, all faded and blurry. I suppose you could get it reapplied? I don't know what the work would be like.

I also did the goth thing as a teenager so now I'm completely over the whole death thing. Skulls, grim reapers and flames just look... uninspiring.

What I'm trying to get across is that I appreciate now the stages of life most people go through. The idea of applying something permanent to yourself, something that you could look back in ten years time when you've past that phase and now loath is something I'm disinclined to take part of.

I also think people go overboard with it. I've seen people get way too many tattoos all over their bodies and they end up looking like a child's colouring book. Not attractive in my eyes.

The furthest I'll ever go is my hairstyle and my beard. Stuff I can change easily.

Anyway, that's my negative comment. Sorry to lower the tone.

I don't particularly like tattoos. You're within your right to have one but they aren't something I think are particularly nice looking. I look at the older generation who had tattoos done when they were in their early years and they just look terrible, all faded and blurry. I suppose you could get it reapplied? I don't know what the work would be like.

I also did the goth thing as a teenager so now I'm completely over the whole death thing. Skulls, grim reapers and flames just look... uninspiring.

What I'm trying to get across is that I appreciate now the stages of life most people go through. The idea of applying something permanent to yourself, something that you could look back in ten years time when you've past that phase and now loath is something I'm disinclined to take part of.

I also think people go overboard with it. I've seen people get way too many tattoos all over their bodies and they end up looking like a child's colouring book. Not attractive in my eyes.

The furthest I'll ever go is my hairstyle and my beard. Stuff I can change easily.

Anyway, that's my negative comment. Sorry to lower the tone.

Not lowering the tone, you are entirely within your rights to express your opinion :)

At least you aren't one of those that condemn those with them!

Where you said about seeing older people with tattoos looking all blurry, it could also be that techniques and equipment have improved so perhaps mine won't look a big blurry mess when I'm old lol.

And I will be one of them covered top to bottom one day! Lol

Where you said about seeing older people with tattoos looking all blurry, it could also be that techniques and equipment have improved so perhaps mine won't look a big blurry mess when I'm old lol.

Ah, yes. I didn't think of that. You might well be right. I hope you're right too! I guess we'll find out in twenty or thirty years time!

And I will be one of them covered top to bottom one day! Lol

Yep, that's your prerogative. I would say something about trying to blend in with other people and people not liking 'different' but then I realised I have a bunch of shiny bronze beads in my beard so maybe I don't do that as much any more. Ha.

Ah, yes. I didn't think of that. You might well be right. I hope you're right too! I guess we'll find out in twenty or thirty years time!

Yep, that's your prerogative. I would say something about trying to blend in with other people and people not liking 'different' but then I realised I have a bunch of shiny bronze beads in my beard so maybe I don't do that as much any more. Ha.
I will never blend in with other people so I may aswell make myself look good while standing out ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom