• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone else have an intense interest in tattoos?

I have 6 completed tats and one in progress.

I have 3 or 4 I have planned for the future too.

I spend one day a week in a studio, just filing/setting up/making coffee etc.

I love hearing the gun working, and love the feeling of the needle on my skin, it relaxes me.

I also love looking at other peoples tattoos!

Anyone else?

id honestly would have been like you if i could have coped with the noise of the machine so far, i love good tattoos,i think i could cope with the noise now so im going to see about finally getting smallish tats of each of my memorable chickens and the cats i was closest to-all on my right arm as im a long time self harmer and have awful scarring on my left.

i think your interest is awesome,it shows your passion and passion is a good thing to have.
i dont care what people say about tats ruining your chances of jobs and things like that its your body and you can do what you want with it.
lots of industries dont mind tats in the right places anyway-the care industry for example,ive got plenty of care staff with tats.

id honestly would have been like you if i could have coped with the noise of the machine so far, i love good tattoos,i think i could cope with the noise now so im going to see about finally getting smallish tats of each of my memorable chickens and the cats i was closest to-all on my right arm as im a long time self harmer and have awful scarring on my left.

i think your interest is awesome,it shows your passion and passion is a good thing to have.
i dont care what people say about tats ruining your chances of jobs and things like that its your body and you can do what you want with it.
lots of industries dont mind tats in the right places anyway-the care industry for example,ive got plenty of care staff with tats.

I can understand why the noise might put some people off... Its one of very few loud, repetitive noises I can handle.

That sounds pretty cool, its always nice when someone has something with meaning behind it, it makes the tattoo that much more special.

I'll never understand why tattoos make people an undesirable candidate for a job... they don't prevent you doing anything, there's no health and safety risks... I suppose if they were particularly offensive that would be a different matter but in general I don't get the problem

I'll never understand why tattoos make people an undesirable candidate for a job... they don't prevent you doing anything, there's no health and safety risks... I suppose if they were particularly offensive that would be a different matter but in general I don't get the problem

It's a prejudice left over from earlier generations. Give it another 25 years and I suspect that sort of out-of-date prejudice will have gone completely. When I was a kid, tattoos were anything but mainstream. My uncle used to lament getting them...very large Asian-style ones on his forearms that so many US Marines got in his time.

But these days they are absolutely mainstream IMO. I see a broad cross section of people with art on their bodies. It's a personal choice, but I don't see people offended by it either beyond a few of my age or older. It's just another aspect of culture that has evolved over time.

It's a prejudice left over from earlier generations. Give it another 25 years and I suspect that sort of out-of-date prejudice will have gone completely. When I was a kid, tattoos were anything but mainstream. My uncle used to lament getting them...very large Asian-style ones on his forearms that so many US Marines got in his time.

But these days they are absolutely mainstream IMO. I see a broad cross section of people with art on their bodies. It's a personal choice, but I don't see people offended by it either beyond a few of my age or older. It's just another aspect of culture that has evolved over time.

Yes I see your point - my Grandmother was strongly against women having tattoos... I think she would throw her slippers at me if she could see me now lol

Yes I see your point - my Grandmother was strongly against women having tattoos... I think she would throw her slippers at me if she could see me now lol

Well, then she better have as many shoes as Imelda Marcos did. :p

These days I just see people from all walks of life sporting tattoos. Truly.

I did like the one a former g/f had...though it was very small and visible only through intimate contact. But then even in her time she was what we called, "a free spirit".

But there will probably always be those who haven't noticed how much tattoos have gone mainstream. They are those who will be eventually gone in time with my generation, Baby-Boomers.

Well, then she better have as many shoes as Imelda Marcos did. :p

These days I just see people from all walks of life sporting tattoos. Truly.

I did like the one a former g/f had...though it was very small and visible only through intimate contact. But then even in her time she was what we called, "a free spirit".

But there will probably always be those who haven't noticed how much tattoos have gone mainstream. They are those who will be eventually gone in time with my generation, Baby-Boomers.

Even my Mum, who is in her late 40s, is a little uncomfortable with them... she keeps warning me not to get too many, or too big, or too visible... Too late for that lol

Not an intense interest for me, but I really like a lot of them -- they can be beautiful, and sometimes their meaningfulness to the person makes them even more so.

For a long time I'd carefully been planning some for myself, but now I don't think I will ever get any because I'm terrified of having an allergic reaction to the ink. (I've had allergic reactions that left with me scars.)

I like them but I don't have any, I don't have money for them lol, but when I have it I would like a Mjölnir on a shoulder, or a koi fish. Those two have been in my mind for years

While not an obsession for me, I do love getting inked and have 2 meaningful tattoos right now. I have several more planned out. Have to wait until I'm working again to get any more work done, but already have my next one all picked out. What's my motivation for finding a job and sticking with it? NEW TATTS!!!!

Not an intense interest for me, but I really like a lot of them -- they can be beautiful, and sometimes their meaningfulness to the person makes them even more so.

For a long time I'd carefully been planning some for myself, but now I don't think I will ever get any because I'm terrified of having an allergic reaction to the ink. (I've had allergic reactions that left with me scars.)

I can understand your fear of being allergic :(

Red and yellow inks are the worst for rejection, but its only a tiny percentage... Find someone who buys their inks pre-made, as inks that are mixed by the artist are more likely to cause rejection.

:)

I like them but I don't have any, I don't have money for them lol, but when I have it I would like a Mjölnir on a shoulder, or a koi fish. Those two have been in my mind for years

Getting inked is an expensive hobby lol.

A Mjolnir would look cool!

3 of mine are tribal and rose designs, one is a daffodil, one is a cherub, one is skulls and roses and the one in progress is Death :D

While not an obsession for me, I do love getting inked and have 2 meaningful tattoos right now. I have several more planned out. Have to wait until I'm working again to get any more work done, but already have my next one all picked out. What's my motivation for finding a job and sticking with it? NEW TATTS!!!!

Its great to have them picked and decided on!

So many people have no idea what to have then pick some random thing they later regret (I'm guilty of doing this in the past - had them covered up) :)

ksheehan88 said:
I can understand your fear of being allergic :(

Red and yellow inks are the worst for rejection, but its only a tiny percentage... Find someone who buys their inks pre-made, as inks that are mixed by the artist are more likely to cause rejection.

:)

Thanks! If I ever get over my fear enough, I will definitely remember your advice! :)

15128584_10154703962101081_619410157_n.jpg

Here is my latest one in progress... I'm really excited to get it finished!

I love certain types of tattoos. I have a small one on my right upper arm (had it done when I was 17). I wanted more but for many years I didn't consider it an option, due to religious reasons (long story).

I'm very much into the "Nordic Dot" tattoo style of Danish tattoo artist Uffe Berenth:

Gallery

I love certain types of tattoos. I have a small one on my right upper arm (had it done when I was 17). I wanted more but for many years I didn't consider it an option, due to religious reasons (long story).

I'm very much into the "Nordic Dot" tattoo style of Danish tattoo artist Uffe Berenth:

Gallery

Oh wow, I love his stuff!

13775952_10157223259970077_3938414055921457940_n.jpg

I got my first tattoo this year. I'd wanted one for ages but I could never decide what :laughing: Then at the start of the year, I came across a design for a temporary tattoo design on etsy in a craft magazine. I knew immediately I needed something based on that design, so I contacted the lady who had designed it and asked her permission. She was more than happy for me to use it and a few months later in June, I finally took the plunge. Most people thought I was mad going for a 5.5 hour tattoo as my first but I thought why not!

View attachment 29785

I got my first tattoo this year. I'd wanted one for ages but I could never decide what :laughing: Then at the start of the year, I came across a design for a temporary tattoo design on etsy in a craft magazine. I knew immediately I needed something based on that design, so I contacted the lady who had designed it and asked her permission. She was more than happy for me to use it and a few months later in June, I finally took the plunge. Most people thought I was mad going for a 5.5 hour tattoo as my first but I thought why not!

That is awesome! Yeah thats a long sitting for your first, well done! Its addictive ;) lol.
My reapers all filled in, just shadowing and colour to go now!

Attachments

• 20161216_090213.jpg
    20161216_090213.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 207
Oh wow, I love his stuff!

Yeah me too... he also does old school hand poked tattoos.

View attachment 29785

Looks great! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom