• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When it comes to game soundtrack I found this soundtrack to have sad vibe to it, but in a kind of a nostalgic-feel way. Even the title has sad vibe to it: "Lonely" rolling star. When I first play this I thought it was unfitting in game where everything is so colourful, full of rainbows and happiness (Or am I exaggerating here?) Then again some levels were completely black & white as a form of style if I remember, and this song could've played in those particular stages. I find the song to be sad in a kind of nostalgic way. Idk how to explain it lol
Here's the soundtrack:

An even mellow-er version:
For some reason this version reminds me of a rainy day in an afternoon, where you're sitting in your bedroom listening to the rain sounds. I'm one of those people who find the sound of rain relaxing.
Thanks for sharing, i found it relaxing yet abit sad, I liked the second version better. I could imagine sitting in a bus station cafe unsure of the future with a bag packed waiting for a coach to go to some unknown place. P.s... I love the sound of rain too.

Someones prolly mentioned "Sad Songs" by Elton John? It's his best track. It also is about precisely this topic, lol

A quest for the saddest Radiohead song? This could go on for a while. (I hope Thom Yorke doesn't get wind of this because he'll go mental)

My entry into the Radiohead despair-a-thon.

Like Spinning Plates.

All of Amnesiac especially, is incredibly sad. Pyramid Song gets me where it hurts but ever so poignantly. I'm listening to it right now.

I have been a Radiohead aficionado for many years but there is a curious effect between myself and their music. From OK Computer up until Amnesiac, those three albums aligned with my life in a very uncanny way when they came out. I am not even going to attempt to explain but those three albums plus some of the unreleased singles (maybe they've been released by now? I had uh, advance copies) also really get me and so I absolutely love them, but to this day I nearly never listen to Radiohead.

My entry into the Radiohead despair-a-thon.

Like Spinning Plates.

All of Amnesiac especially, is incredibly sad. Pyramid Song gets me where it hurts but ever so poignantly. I'm listening to it right now.

I have been a Radiohead aficionado for many years but there is a curious effect between myself and their music. From OK Computer up until Amnesiac, those three albums aligned with my life in a very uncanny way when they came out. I am not even going to attempt to explain but those three albums plus some of the unreleased singles (maybe they've been released by now? I had uh, advance copies) also really get me and so I absolutely love them, but to this day I nearly never listen to Radiohead.

Same here. Or maybe not the same, but similar. Getting lost in those albums was a great comfort to me. I only learned about Radiohead when Paranoid Android came out and I was hooked instantly. The artwork from Stanley Donwood played a role too. I really miss that tangibility these days, going through the booklet and liner notes, letting the imagery add to the musical experience.

My copy of Kid A is the limited edition one, with the hidden booklet and songs starting 50 seconds late. I kept it like that when I imported it to my Itunes. Amnesiac is the library book edition. And then there are the bootlegs I'd find in small record stores in Brussels, or handed to me by the local music merchant. (He'd keep them under the counter in a special box.)

At some point the connection faded away a little, or maybe much. Life takes it's turns. Sometimes you have to kill your darlings (or temporarily ignore them) to discover different sceneries. But that doesn't mean I love them any less. Those
songs are very much part of my being.

Anyway, today's installment of the Radiohead Melancholympics:

Radiohead - Life In A Glass House

This is the one song that always gives me a lump in my throat.
It reminds me of a good friend who made the choice to end his life one New Years Eve.

New Threads

Top Bottom