• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I don't know if it's "sad, sad song." It's certainly dark..melancholic...

I was never into Morrissey. But I listened to his greatest hits one time...I upgraded my opinion from complete disinterest to "oh thats not quite bad actually.. In a sad morose kind of way its actually quite good. If somewhat depressing to listen to." I guess you have to be in a certain mood to resonate with this stuff.

It feels good to listen to depressing stuff sometimes. When i am in a bad mood i can't listen to certain songs, but it's mostly because they remind me of happier times that i can't return to.

Edited to add another melancholic song

I revel in depressing songs. But expressively aggressive. Korn. Henry Rollins. Anything that is dark or angsty. Throw Nirvana in there too.

That sounds like melancholic nostalgia, yearning for a past that has died, never to return, longing for better days. I like stuff like that. I like it all. At various times. From Tragic painful songs to upbeat confident songs. And everything inbetween!

I see your Abba and raise you a moody Blues. (Even the band name is melancholic.) Beat that I don't think you can. :smile:

Last edited:
That's because you are a Cancer, the sign representing the past and early childhood years! See it all makes sense!

I'm actually a LEO really, (born within 24hr of it) Ive looked up what cancer are supposed to be like. I don't wanna be like that !! Leo sounds so much more cooler, confident, in charge.

(I remember my aunts showing me some sign chart book, when I was a kid, and saying read this: I'm like okay okay...wait! Thats not me !!! I refuse to believe this !)

Whew that was hard, but not enough to deter me! Here goes another sad, melancholic, moody whatever you call it one.

Edit: ok, but it only means you are a Cancer-Leo cusp, having both signs qualities.

Well i know what you mean though, i am a Capricorn and absolutely hated it when i was a kid, thought that this sign is cursed and the source of all my problems in life.

That's still a lil bit too lighthearted for me . The beat. That sounds reminds me of Depeche Mode. They have some good songs. Dark synth vibes.

I think this might be a draw. Its struggle to think of something really sad. (I think a songs melody can convey sadness better than lyrics.)

I don't know what a Capricorn is supposed to be. But I'm sure its not the cause of your problems. Lol. thats quite fatalistic. You really believe the star signs, thats out personalities? and we can never change, we;re locked into that!?.

I gotta say, they do kinda ring true though, don't they.

No not anymore. I was just a really depressed kid, and Capricorn is the most unlucky sign, associated with restrictions, difficulties, illness. It made sense to me in the past but i don't think like that anymore.

Depressed....I was a happy kid...as far as I recall... I'm more melancholic and moody now as an adult, but I don't really know, maybe I was always screwed up, emotionally disturbed as a kid, Maybe I just look at the past with rose tinted glasses, and forget all the bad things that happened.

"restrictions, difficulties, illness," wow i'm glad Im a crab-lion then, I've never had any of those. :grinning: ... sarcasm... jovial sarcasm.

New Threads

Top Bottom