• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Psychology dissertation: Autism-related traits and personality.

soumayax

Introduction – Hello everybody, my name is Soumaya. I’m currently a third-year Psychology BSc student, collecting data as part of my dissertation (final project).

About the research – My dissertation is titled "How does personality vary with autism-related traits within the general population".

I am interested in observing the relationship between levels of autistic traits and the Five-Factor Model of Personality, as previous research has shown that individuals with high and low levels of autistic traits vary in their personality.

My data is collected in the form of a questionnaire which takes roughly half an hour to complete, although many complete it in less than that. You must be aged between 18-55 to participate. More detail regarding the study is available at the start of the questionnaire in the form of an Information 'Sheet'.

At the end of the questionnaire, a debrief will be issued outlining previous findings in this area and what results are expected. (I can’t provide too much detail at the start as this could affect your responses).

Contact details – This is available at the start and end of the questionnaire.

Link to the research/survey - https://cityunilondon.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9EnFpjBAcKpA7sh

Last edited:
I want to participate, however, I'm not allowed to start the survey as I get an error for leaving the personal ID field for psychology students blank. It's also a bit confusing to see references to two tests that should have been taken beforehand. I know those probably don't apply to us, but that might be worth a look at.

Tried on a different platform: I'm unable to start, lacking an ID code.

I just can't resist being snarky. But it took research to realize that people have different personalities? :p

I typed in 1318 (it said 4 digits), I meant to put 1218, but screwed up... It let me in??? I just used the short form of the date?

I just want to see what it is... I'm always curious

I just took it... Its pretty long but gives zero eval at the end??
Its all multiple choice, some questions don't fit the answers real well, and lots of repeat questions.

I would like to know how I scored but it really didnt ask for any info to get back to me.

Link to the research/survey - https://cityunilondon.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1B6QVBFARh94YBL[/QUOTE]
Introduction – Hello everybody, my name is Soumaya. I’m currently a third-year Psychology BSc student, collecting data as part of my dissertation (final project).

About the research – My dissertation is titled "How does personality vary with autism-related traits within the general population".

I am interested in observing the relationship between levels of autistic traits and the Five-Factor Model of Personality, as previous research has shown that individuals with high and low levels of autistic traits vary in their personality.

My data is collected in the form of a questionnaire which takes roughly half an hour to complete, although many complete it in less than that. You must be aged between 18-55 to participate. More detail regarding the study is available at the start of the questionnaire in the form of an Information 'Sheet'.

At the end of the questionnaire, a debrief will be issued outlining previous findings in this area and what results are expected. (I can’t provide too much detail at the start as this could affect your responses).

Contact details – This is available at the start and end of the questionnaire.

Link to the research/survey - https://cityunilondon.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1B6QVBFARh94YBL

Is there a way to find out our personal score or it just a combined score of all who participate?
Sorry if that's a stupid question...

I took it and it seems like most of these test. Nothing new. Can't see that the test will help anyone learn anything, sorry to whoever made the test but humans are more complex than a multi-choice test. It seems it was made based on stereotypes and assumptions. It asked if I watch the news every morning. What does that mean? What if you get up in the afternoon? What if you read the news online? What if you used to but because of anxiety can no longer read or watch the news? See, life is too complex for multi-choice.

Is there a way to find out our personal score or it just a combined score of all who participate?[/QUOTE]
===========================

If you click the link it takes you a page of explanation, of which this is part.

upload_2018-1-2_13-36-43.png

I took it and it seems like most of these test. Nothing new. Can't see that the test will help anyone learn anything, sorry to whoever made the test but humans are more complex than a multi-choice test. It seems it was made based on stereotypes and assumptions. It asked if I watch the news every morning. What does that mean? What if you get up in the afternoon? What if you read the news online? What if you used to but because of anxiety can no longer read or watch the news? See, life is too complex for multi-choice.

Thank you for your comment! The questionnaires were not designed by me personally, but by researchers who found them to be statistically valid and reliable scales. The issues you highlighted are issues that come with putting anything on a scale, and I agree that researchers should consider this more in their research. However, as a student, I do not have the capabilities to conduct such a study but hope to see more of it in the future.

Is there a way to find out our personal score or it just a combined score of all who participate?

If you click the link it takes you a page of explanation, of which this is part.

View attachment 41112[/QUOTE]
Hi! The reason we are unable to provide individual results is because the data is anonymised and I am unable to view who provided which response. However all the questionnaire are available online alongside the marking key. The titles of each are available at the end of the linked questionnaire.

I'm confused. It wants to know what city I live in. I don't live in a city. I'm in the countryside, do I put down the closest town or centre of populace of Earthlings?

View attachment 41112[/QUOTE]

I guess I failed at reading the small print... Dunce hat for the day... : )

Sang. Count me out. Anything that so obfuscates my fellow aspies is to be avoided.

New Threads

Top Bottom