• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

my motivation

Dalton

okay, so my mom, sister, aunt, uncle, cousins, uncles gf, the gfs mom & just about everyone in my family either does IT or nursing, but the people I just mentioned above are all nurses or Dr's.
So, my mom is a DR, my sister is a certified LPN, my aunt is literally the boss of just about everyone in the hospital (there’s only one other person ahead of her)my uncle is the CEO in the hospital that he works at, his gf is also a nurse, her mom is a nurse, most of my cousins are either studying to become a nurse/DR or already are. Like one of my cousins just graduated from nursing school and my other cousin works specifically with people who’ve had serious burning injuries.

Now as you can probably imagine they all make a decent amount of money and because of that i've gotten the absolute best care ever since the age of 2 which is when i was officially diagnosed with PDD-NOS.

During my childhood years i wasn't high functioning, but i also wasn't low functioning either, but that was mainly due to all the support i'd gotten, but i of course did have all the usual struggles a person with PDD-NOS would have growing up.

Well here i am now 17 years old hanging out with friends, learning to drive, having ACTUAL conversations with people, have great eye contact, am able to understand the directions people give me and complete them, going to Alabama football games!(absolutely no headphones or anything to distract me from all the craziness that goes on!) making A's & B's in my schoolwork, and during the summer i'll be studying human anatomy and also Spanish.

Now how does all of this motivate me? Well, because if it weren't for my parents and family members i wouldn't be where i'm at today, and seeing the things that my family has accomplished over the years makes me want to follow their path and land me a decent job and move up into higher positions.

This makes me want to get up and follow my dreams and become a nurse! It just might sound silly and might not sound like motivation to some of you'll but to me this is my motivation in life!

I would like to make a quick note that this isn't me bragging in the slightest but telling you'll how it is. I most definitely would love to hear what motivates you'll in life!

At the moment, staying healthy, having enough money and/or resources to live off, reducing stress and anxiety, keeping depression at bay. Survival!

Ah depression. Depression can most certainly be hard to counter. I used to have quite major depression about a year 1/2 ago. I tried taking medication for it but it didn’t exactly help, so after doing some research I saw that cold showers helps with depression. Now you’re probably like me thinking that’s crazy, but after a

few days of taking cold showers my depression started to tone down and after about a month of cold showers my depression had for the most part went away!

At the moment, staying healthy, having enough money and/or resources to live off, reducing stress and anxiety, keeping depression at bay. Survival!

Totally agree with Progster.
That's just where I am at this point in my life.

@Dalton The cold shower is something I've never heard of.
Good to hear it helped you.
I have always actually preferred cold showers and cold water for hand washing or washing my face.
Sorry, it doesn't help me though.:(

Bummer...
Totally agree with Progster.
That's just where I am at this point in my life.

@Dalton The cold shower is something I've never heard of.
Good to hear it helped you.
I have always actually preferred cold showers and cold water for hand washing or washing my face.
Sorry, it doesn't help me though.:(

Ah depression. Depression can most certainly be hard to counter. I used to have quite major depression about a year 1/2 ago. I tried taking medication for it but it didn’t exactly help, so after doing some research I saw that cold showers helps with depression. Now you’re probably like me thinking that’s crazy, but after a

few days of taking cold showers my depression started to tone down and after about a month of cold showers my depression had for the most part went away!

You know Iv heard that cold shower is good for heatlth in general unless you dont take it too far, I used to do it sometimes.

But I couldnt do that effort anymore and I stopped doing it, I should try again, thanks for reminding us of that.

Wont talk about my motivaiton since I have none, reading people feeling great is cool go on !

What motivates me in life?

For the most part, knowing where I’m headed and what state of mind I’ll fester in if I don’t do something about it.

Helpful advice from people I like can motivate me to try something new.

My motivation is ice-cream or a doughnut. Really. Otherwise, curiosity and, I know this sounds silly, but my hubby. Oh, and sometimes I'm motivated to try not to be like someone who I really, really don't want to be.

Hot showers for me. Till my toes turn red.

Funny! Because I take cold showers in the morning when I get up and take hot ones in the evening before going to bed. I take the cold ones to help me wake up by getting the adrenaline going and take a hot one in the evening to relax so I can sleep better. I do this to maintain a proper sleep cycle so I never have to wake up to an alarm clock. As far as dealing with depression is concerned. I don't see how this helps because I deal with depression all the time and even drugs like Prozac don't seem to help and I'm not about to try taking a cold shower before going to bed either because I would never get to sleep from being high on adrenaline.

New Threads

Top Bottom