• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last album you listened to?

Bind, Torture, Kill by Suicide Commando

Spoilered cover image + youtube video (since the still image is the same like the cover)

suicidecommando.jpeg

Which, like the name alludes already, references the BTK killer, and as such is a concept album of sorts about this serial killer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diamantina_cocktial.jpg

Little River Band's Diamantina Cocktail.

Exquisite collection of songs that I really rock to.

Some Aussies may think this band as 'classic'. Well, to me, it is!

Elvispresleydebutalbum.jpeg
First of a string of good music - in my view.
Introducing
Elvis Presley!

Duran Duran: Greatest

The greatest compilation of Duran Duran's music.

Please please tell me now, is there something else I should know about Duran Duran?

Option Paralysis by The Dillinger Escape Plan

the-dillinger-escape-plan-option-paralysis-aotd.png

What a blast ^^ but with the dissonant chords, sometimes screaming vocals and overal intensity I don't know if I should recommend this as an aspie record in general, lol. But if jazzy stuff with distorted guitars at about 5 to 10 times the speed, might be your thing, you could give it a try. But you've been warned, a lot of people will probably consider it a cacophony.

Example?

They have their slower, less chaotic tracks, which in my opinion shows a bit of their musical quality on a different level.

Same album; just a bit further in the tracklisting.

51%2Baa2TDvkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

An Evening with Sutton Foster - Live at the Caf? Carlyle

I became intrigued with the voice of this remarkable and gorgeous woman while watching the show "Bunheads"

Joanna Newsom's "Have One On Me"
It is three discs long and quite intense (to me), and a good deal of the songs are quite long (8+ minutes), but I think it's worth it. She might be my favorite artist ever.

I like Area-7. Because Area-7 sings everything that's Australian and cool :)

Been listening to the album Time Flies by local Alice Springs band: NoKturnl :) (listening to most of the lyrics makes you think the lyrics write has A.S )
and a mix of Nightwish :)

EDIT: @Geordie, I don't wanna hurt your feelings or anything, but being a Bogan isn't actually cool. You'd be have to live in Australia to know, but all that is 'typical' of Australian these days is uncool... just saying is all. I know cos I'm Australian and yeah... I have to put up with what is "bogans" all the time even when I just go out for a walk... Drinking alcohol in public, swearing all the times, causing trouble, etc... NOT cool... sorry mate, but I dunno where you got that being a "bogan" was cool but it ISN'T!

Last edited:
EDIT: @Geordie, I don't wanna hurt your feelings or anything, but being a Bogan isn't actually cool. You'd be have to live in Australia to know, but all that is 'typical' of Australian these days is uncool... just saying is all. I know cos I'm Australian and yeah... I have to put up with what is "bogans" all the time even when I just go out for a walk... Drinking alcohol in public, swearing all the times, causing trouble, etc... NOT cool... sorry mate, but I dunno where you got that being a "bogan" was cool but it ISN'T!

I swear, I joined a drinking group, I can be quite rowdy, and I'm jobless... Fitting in all a bogan's definition?

Indeed, but that's out of topic on my part. Maybe we should have a Bogan thread if you're willing.

Let me show you another album instead:

220px-Savagegarden-affirmation.jpg

Bob Dylan's "Tempest." I'm not the world's biggest Dylan fan, but the record is dark, and I like dark.

New Threads

Top Bottom