• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last album you listened to?

tray.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shawshankjpg.jpg

Get busy living . . . or get busy dying.

[mp3]http://api.cld.me/BlBq/download/09%20Suds%20on%20the%20Roof.mp3[/mp3]

View attachment 1859

LD 50 by Mudvayne.. not technically their first, but their first on a big label though.

View attachment 1860

A band that looked like this, had a groovy album infused with a lot of drug references (including part of recordings by Terrence McKenna) and executed it pretty decent can't do much wrong in my book. Their look did help a bit to get me at least have a listen to their stuff back then... 10 years ago or so. It's one of those albums I like to blast every once in a while.

I didn't like their more recent work... the follow up wasn't that interesting I thought and the albums after that not at all.. though sales and all might disagree with me, lol

Here's a couple of music videos and tracks from that album

I dont like to admit it, but I actually like mudvayne lol it conflicts with my usual thoughts of metal.

I just finished listening to a majority of Testament's "Formation of Damnation"

I think after Imagine, I'm at the best album of the 90's, Nevermind.

Oh, you might probably guess the album that comes up next. The second best album. And then...

I think after Imagine, I'm at the best album of the 90's, Nevermind.

Oh, you might probably guess the album that comes up next. The second best album. And then...

Nevermind is HUGELY overrated. It had about three amazing songs and the rest is garbage.

Nevermind is HUGELY overrated. It had about three amazing songs and the rest is garbage.

I agree that it's somewhat overrated.

Don't get me wrong: It's a great album. But it's certainly, IMO, not "The best album of all-time" as many claim it to be.

I wouldn't, however, consider anything on that album as being "Garbage". I find every track on Nevermind listenable.

The best Nirvana album, IMO, would have to be this:

mtv_f.jpg

It's one of the only live albums I enjoy listening to.

Last edited:
Nirvana is a grunge band, which is an euphemism for 'pop rock'. At least, IMO. And their musicianship, their style is just a summation of 1980's pop rock, with some influences from the gloomy and wet Washington weather.

But they are the best band to define the 1990's. Rawness. Power. And most important of all, the sense of helplessness that lead to apathy. Never mistake bad sing-along music for the message beneath.

It's often said in some music circles that 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' is indeed the worst song of the major label debut album for Nirvana (this was their 2nd album), especially by TIME, but then, if NME ranked them as number 2 of the 100 Greatest Single of All Time and from then on, alternative rock went mainstream (oh, this is also a case where alternative rock tries to make itself mainstream, but at least the album sells) - then I don't care what other music reviews say, it was the album that I was immediately hooked on after listening to the first and most famous track.

--- --- ---

But the second best album in the 1990's got to be 2Pacalypse Now.

It is not polished. Its beats are repetitive.

But it is the most political of all 2Pac albums.

If a vice-President (who is actually 'dumb' anyway) could say "There's no reason for a record like this to be released. It has no place in our society", this means the message of police brutality and the excesses of government, in extension, are really felt.

Even more successfully than Nevermind's songs (but then limited by the success of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', also released in roughly the same time), it really brings out the theme of apathy - of major social issues. Like say teen pregnancy. In 'Brenda Has A Baby', 2Pac recounted that no one - not even the father of the baby (a mere molester), the family, the government, or the society in general could care the baby - who then gets thrown to the trash can. Then there are 'Young Black Male' and 'Words of Wisdom'. 2Pac gives nothing but the word of the streets.

Of course, 2Pac made more great albums musically, but the clear and explicit nature of 2Pacalypse Now makes it the 2nd best of the 1990's imo

I agree that it's somewhat overrated.

Don't get me wrong: It's a great album. But it's certainly, IMO, not "The best album of all-time" as many claim it to be.

I wouldn't, however, consider anything on that album as being "Garbage". I find every track on Nevermind listenable.

I should've led my argument by saying that I'm a solid fan of Kurt Cobain, himself. Not very much his music. But his ideaologies on fame and wealth sync up flawlessly with my main preference of music (thrash metal). How he tried to avoid one-hit-wonders and his disagreement with becoming overly famous is amazingly admirable

Imo there are two famous music legends in 1990's: Kurt Cobain and 2Pac.

But unlike Cobain, 2Pac could never escape dissing Biggie and Puff Diddy (whatever he is). This makes Cobain really, really great.

Name me a great rapper/rocker after Cobain and 2Pac

But the second best album in the 1990's got to be 2Pacalypse Now.

It is not polished. Its beats are repetitive.

But it is the most political of all 2Pac albums.

No offense, but you need to revaluate your music ratings, friend lol Vulgar Display of Power would be the second best album of the 90's. It's hit and miss, but the hits are brutally solid metal

Haha, to be honest I actually find Tupac to be highly overrated.

I love Nirvana, they're probably one of my favorites, but I agree their status has been blown up over the years. I'm always weary about cult-icon status of a of musicians, that's strange to me. I was always surprised in particular at how Nirvana (well really, more Kurt Cobain) was chosen for that.

As for Nirvana, I think In Utero is my favorite album.

But of course, after listening to the radio a bit, I don't understand most people's music choices, period.

Eminem? No question asked, he's really the best rapper since 2Pac. He did bring beats and words to the best blending. Less political than 2Pac (highly over-rated since his debut) but he brings rap to the masses.

Vulgar Display of Power and Strokes? Ok, I'd listen to 'em both :D

Anarchists of Good Taste by Dog Fashion Disco

Awesome band, too bad they broke up... and their new band (pretty much DFD with 1 other person, if I recall correct) Polkadot cadaver (yeah, what's in a name... I know) isn't as good as DFD in my opinion. DFD is one of those bands, that's probably for people with a really distinct taste. Yes, it's metal... mixed in with psychadelic, jazz and some really weird cartoonish stuff... I'm not entirely sure, but it kinda sounds to me as if it's a group of people on LSD and actually be more "functional" that way, especially if you listen to a whole lot rather than just single songs... single songs, actually at first got across to me as "meh... it's ok" but listening to their albums, is where it shines I guess. If they hadn't cancelled their participation in a tour with Chimaira and Spineshank back in 2003, I would've seen em live at least once... never saw em live :(

View attachment 2068

To bad I can't find Valley Girl Ventriloquist on youtube, but an mp3 upload will do (as long as it's not played back to back all the day) that song cracks me up quite a bit... there's this part that reminds me of that Gremlins 2 movie, where they're all partying. (@ about 1:30 in the song in the player below)

[MP3]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34585611/07%20Valley%20Girl%20Ventriloquist.mp3[/MP3]

Last edited by a moderator:
Limp Bizkit's Greatest Hits

Im a hypocrite xD it combines a "Greatest Hits" album with mainstream music. Two things Iv learned to hate at all costs, but I guess two negatives make a positive.

New Threads

Top Bottom