• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last album you listened to?

Nothing special, it was Mud Digger Volume 3. Basically just a mix CD of country artists

My favorite album for the last 5 years. Metallica's "..And Justice For All". Complete masterpiece. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for orthodox 80's metal.

Britneyspears-inthezone1.jpg

In the Zone by Britney Spears :)

The Beatles' eponymous double-LP (aka "White Album") in mono.

All of their albums sound decidedly better in mono, in my opinion, except of course Abbey Road, which was mixed with stereo exclusively in mind and for which there is no monaural version. The rest of the stereo mixes just don't sound "right"--everything is panned left or right, as if it were intended as more of a novelty than anything else ("Hey, look, we can do this with TWO speakers!"). I was on the fence about White Album, just because they are so different and both interesting, but for that reason I have to lean towards the mono mixes.

Infinite Madness by Dimension Seven

One of those unknown dutch bands. And probably my favorite one from my country. The band is defunct though :(

Here's 2 tracks of that album. One might argue that it is infact Infinite madness. If you're prone to a sensory overload I don't think it's something for you. So that's a friendly word of advice

Last edited by a moderator:

Ten Summoner's Tales by Sting

Possibly the best album Sting has ever produced, even better than his Police works

Nirvana's "MTV Unplugged" album. My brother got it for me on vinyl a few years back. I'm not even a big Nirvana fan, but this album floors me every goddamn time. Incredible. Weird to think that in a few short months I will have outlived this man.

I recently listened to Bright Eyes' I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning. It's one of those albums that I listened to back in the day, and is perhaps representative of that time, but I abandoned it, chalking it up to one of those things, where, "Well, I guess that was just one of those generational things...I'll probably never go back to THAT again..." But I think I had short-changed it. Some of the songwriting really is quite good, and the mood is just...wonderful, evocative. I might have to revisit it more often from now on.

The album I listened to most recently, though, this evening, is The Decemberists' The Crane Wife. Definitely one of my all time favorites, and the perfect record to listen to while driving at night through the rain. :cool:

Sometimes genius is just some misunderstood art...

Besides In Utero, I also like Britpop - I like Oasis particularly :)

The unspoken king by Cryptospy

The only album I actually like by this band... and it's hated by their fans because it's different from their normal schtick. Cryptopsy is a deathmetal band with some grindcore edges to it, but this album is, in regards to the genre itself pretty experimental. Maybe that's what I liked about it.

I should admit I have a mancrush on the drums on this album. But gravity rolls usually win me over... if performed at the speed of light, lol

Skeletal Lamping by of Montreal. My friend and I had it on while we were cleaning. It is good cleaning music.

Avenged Sevenfold "Nightmare"

This album is the reason I'm graduating from college. The story behind how this album was made is so tragic yet beautiful. Their drummer died in 2009, and he was pretty much like a brother to them all. They re-tracked all the drums for the album with a different drummer (their drummer's favorite drummer!), recorded the album, and TOURED. Did you know they're making another album now? They totally could have quit... but THEY DIDN'T. They kept going. I kept going, too. :love:

ReVolting Room by Skinlab

One of those bands I kinda kept close to my heart for a while. I prefer Disembody; the new flesh a bit more, which was the album before this one. Still released in the early 2000's (2002 if I'm correct). Not to fond of their recent work, but then again... the were at their prime in the late 90's/early 2000's, were on hiatus and reformed a few years ago. If you're making angry music, I don't know if a break is the thing you need. If you take a break from being angry, you're not that angry I guess, lol

ReVolting room dealt with issues like anger management, insanity, medication... actually, after the final track on the album is a recording of a hotline they set up where fans could phone in and vent their frustrations about whatever they wanted. Yes... phone in... not skype, heh

Disturbing the art of depression

Come and get it

Take as needed

Purify

The Hazards of Love by The Decemberists. They are one of those bands with a fascinating progression thematically and musically, and I think they were among the few bands of the early-oughts who successfully grew out of that era. Exhibits A and B: The Crane Wife and this one. I particularly love (LOVE!) Shara Worden's work on this album.

New Threads

Top Bottom