• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last album you listened to?

The world of Faderhead by Faderhead

View attachment 2530

It got released last Friday or so. I actually was looking forward to the album because his (it's actually a soloproject, though he has 3 live synth/keyboard players for support live, where the guy depicted on the albumcover does vocals only) previous albums were pretty fine. In general some excellent dancetunes for the more electronic oriented goth clubs. Buuuuut... this was a let down. There was one song that I felt stood out a bit (video below) and the rest was a bit "meh". Especially since I didn't really think he's progressing over 5 albums (the same I thought already about his last album in october 2010). That being said; in general I like "his sound" but after hearing it for a while (as in, listening to his tunes every now and then over years) I'm inclined to say "is this all?".

Faderhead's latest video is an awesome homage to sidescrolling 8/16-bit era fighting games though (and it made me giggle cause it had cameos from other peoples in the electro/industrial/goth scene).

Last edited by a moderator:
All the songs from new movie Drive ... Don't have a cover right now... Don't remember the name...or maybe it was "Drive"...

Dahmer by Macabre

Macabre pretty much has songs about serial killers exclusively, and this is no exception. Though this pretty much chronicles the life of Jeffrey Dahmer as a concept album. Hilarious album in a really weird way. In general Macabre does more of Death metal thing, though they do like the mix it up with kids songs, and as such more less of the growling vocals most of the time found in the style they're mostly categorized.

By that, there's a parody of the Oompa loompa song from Charlie and the Chocolate factory with slightly more, well... macabre lyrics, pointed towards Dahmer, seeing as Jeffrey worked in a chocolate factory at some point.

but the album pretty much switches from the Oompa loompa song to this in a blink of an eye.

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=bRcp6FKvsek[/video]

Someone posted a comment on one of the tracks on youtube "In fact, one can garner an entire education simply by listening to all the tracks that make up the Dahmer CD." which is pretty spot on.

Buuuuuut... yeah, that's why I listened to last.

Never mind the bollocks by Sex Pistols

bollocks.jpg

Worst Album ever made - Kevin Federline's Playing With Fire.

Kevin_Federline_Playing_with_Fire.jpg

The music production's even better than today's music, though, because that was 7 years ago before Fruity Loops.

If you know who's Disco D, then beneath the bad lyrics, there's actually some significance.

Haha...

The music production's even better than today's music, though, because that was 7 years ago before Fruity Loops.

You are aware that FL is around since 1997? I remember using it for loops and samples back in 2004 already. And there's more than just FL in terms of software, sequencers and programs peoples use for making music.

I do however agree, that nowadays, since there's a lot of editing going on terms of music and software, everything is pitch corrected and whatever, and that actually makes up for a big portion of the "not so good" music.

I do however agree, that nowadays, since there's a lot of editing going on terms of music and software, everything is pitch corrected and whatever, and that actually makes up for a big portion of the "not so good" music.

Soulja Boy and Rebecca Black make everything pitch correct and boring. That's why even with FL's relatively long history, I think Kevin Federline, by virtue of having Disco D as his producer, does actually make better quality, more interesting music than Friday or the likes.

Listened to Ruining for everybody by Iwrestledabearonce earlier today.

iwrestledabearonce--Ruining-It-For-Everybody.jpg

I know quite a few metalbands that have female vocalists, ranging from clean to screaming vocals, yet the vocal range of Krysta Cameron keeps amazing me. Funnily enough I was going to say "it's not like she has a perfect range like someone like Mariah Carey" buuuuuuut... then I remembered they used part of a song in their music video

New Threads

Top Bottom