• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How many of you finally admit you will never be in a relationship or married.

Thanks. I just feel like I am. I was an average C in Grade and High School and I only passed classes by doing extra credit. Otherwise, I failed most tests. In College, I dropped out after two years failing almost all my classes and only passing a couple with a D.

I did various computer training programs for the disabled. The classes were boring. After I did get one job which I was the only non College graduate there. I lost the job due to my ASD things of messing up because of boredom. After which I could not find a job to for my life, everything required College even just simple things like typing letters that others wrote. I was even told I almost got the job, but they instead hired someone that had College.

Many years unemployed I gave up and applied a second time for SSD and been collecting for over a decade.

So since a woman want men who can support themselves with a job and I can't get a job I know I will never meet a woman, be in a relationship and married.

Broly CEOs are dropouts and usually c students. Look it up, plus aspies has a high percentage in the top 1%.
It's risky, but I've been investing in stocks. Company research, listening to meetings. Pretty cake job, but it's more for retirement. Also you could start a roth ira. Get $6000ish a year. Tax free, it's for a retirement plan.
Put it in Tesla, Apple, Amazon, facebook, and you know big companies. You could let it rest on them. A lot of free school. Yale has colleges classes on youtube, brown does too. You can even buy classes or find classes on youtube.
Coding is boring it wasn't for me.
Problem is you shouldn't pull money out. I'm just scared the va is abuse their positions and keep denying me. Overwhelming evidence. It's bad, like suicide in front of va buildings bad. They have excellent care expect in mental health. They have to much red tape. Only use medications with a 30% chances of helping someone.

SSD basically stole my retirement. They had my case for five years+. Which disqualified me for ssd since it was over four years.
I was pretty bad off so I went to the va and here I am. Investing. I do have 90% over my original investments over 2 months. Maybe an early 3 months.

Va disability, since you're working minimum? Beauty is perspective not sure what could make anyone an ugly loser. If something makes you feel ugly it can usually get changed.
What makes you a loser? We all enjoy different things. That's why I mentioned a hobby. I've been big, built, bald, and long hair. Good teeth and even bad teeth Since I was very sick from cancer and puking a lot. I'm very introverted I'm an INFJ.
nope having austism disqualified me from military service. I think my life would been better had i been able to server or id be dead already either way better.
i get regular disability for aspergers and adhd.

working min wage and being on disability makes me a loser. real men work real jobs, have cars and own their own places. I can't own a car, i will never own my own place. i can't eat out every day, i can't afford vacations to europe. I will never be able to provide those things. Women haven't given me time of day. I get rejected over and over for it. they want a guy who makes middle class income. "min wage jobs are for kids" "i don't want a manchild"

my face can't be changed without few hundred thousand dollars. I'm afraid gov medical insurance doesn't pay for plastic surgery. :(

That doesn't make you a loser. We all have our thing. Job's are tight right now. They're literally a pandemic. I have issues too. I have ptsd.
I'm horrible with English as a class. Math is different but I just know it or use too.
It is hard to maintain security for you and possiblity future children. Although if you keep looking at yourself as a loser. How will they see you any other way. You've probably missed some signs. Everyone has there own personally or type.
The key to it is to not worry and be yourself. Expect rejection it strings. Still someone is going to like you. I noticed a lot on another tread titled speed dating. If you're in a big city they're most likely one. With it being pretty popular on the forum. You might find someone. Lifting weights is good. Takes about 6 months to start showing. If you're not in a big city. You should consider a big city. More people better odds.
you might win lottery too but probably not. statisticly speaking having interacted with tens of thousands of women over 15 some years i should have tripped into a relationship. but being as no woman will date a loser like me i've been single my whole life and will be as my sitution is only consider more a worse red flag as i age. as a 20 old college student itd been ok, not preferred. as a late 20ish it was red flag no, as a 30 old its a big red flag no, 40 year old its a hell no run away. mens worth is measured in their earning potential which I have zero of. even my in person female friends told me i was worthless a male for dating and love. just waiting until i have courage to end it really, mean time i waste my little money on videogames to try to get some enjoyment even if little and short lived. I don't have any friends for simlar reasons. life has taught me one thing money is all that matters in this world.

I accepted it when I was in my 20s. Now that I am 43 years old and seeing my friends and family forum relationships and get married or hanging out with couples as they are everywhere I accept I will never have a girlfriend or be married.

So since I accept it, and it does hurt especially when seeing couples like my friends who are couples its hard. The very few single girls are single by choice as they don't want a relationship.

I am also tired of being hurt as any slim chance was crushed in March 2020 when the lockdown then distancing measures happened. It's hard to forum relationships virtually actually it's a complete waste of time.

Now one of my friends is getting married, but I am not going to bother to attend the wedding if there will still be one with lockdowns but anyway I have been too enough of them to feel even more crummy.
I have recently accepted this. I personally feel my only real hope for a relationship, is to date a girl who also has high functioning autism. Failing that, i decided to stay alone. Its just to much stress

they want a guy who makes middle class income.

If I may quote from the Wife of Bath's story from the Canterbury Tales:
What thing (it is) that worldly women love best?
"Women desire to have sovereignty / As well over her husband as her love, And to be in mastery above him."

It would appear as such that the women you describe as having met thus far are not worldly women, but women who prize money. From what I have seen, such relationships tend to fail once the money or income stream is no longer there due to a layoff, injury, or other ill fortune.

They're not what you're looking for, so nothing has been lost.

Like how Edison invented the incandescent light bulb through trial and error, having found "ten thousand ways that don't work" along the way, every "wrong" person you meet will bring you one step closer to the "right" person.

Me too I've never met any aspie ladies let along date. Altho I'm not sure if they'll be what I'm looking for. The grass is always greener on the other side. Til you get there and the illusion is shattered.

I have recently accepted this. I personally feel my only real hope for a relationship, is to date a girl who also has high functioning autism. Failing that, i decided to stay alone. Its just to much stress

I never let others decide my value. I'm going to go find things I enjoy. I'm going to pursue my own goals and interests. Surround myself with people who lift and help me up besides those who bring you down. So many lairs will use up all of your rep, your time, and your money. Then when you need them disappear. If you're my friend for money or to try and slice in my relationships I'll forgive them, but they're out of my life. I had some dark times as every human has. Believing what others said til I quit caring. Focused on my health and retirement. Started working out, worked on my dental"puking a lot from cancer", and investing in stocks. Most might want to hire a professional. Then that's when my life started getting better. I had to actively make a change and reinvest in myself except the other liches stepping on my head to get up on it. That means family, friends, and relationships.

If I may quote from the Wife of Bath's story from the Canterbury Tales:
What thing (it is) that worldly women love best?
"Women desire to have sovereignty / As well over her husband as her love, And to be in mastery above him."

It would appear as such that the women you describe as having met thus far are not worldly women, but women who prize money. From what I have seen, such relationships tend to fail once the money or income stream is no longer there due to a layoff, injury, or other ill fortune.

They're not what you're looking for, so nothing has been lost.

Like how Edison invented the incandescent light bulb through trial and error, having found "ten thousand ways that don't work" along the way, every "wrong" person you meet will bring you one step closer to the "right" person.

most people women or men do what society says to do. society says men without good middle class jobs are worthless and not to be dated. society says to be good little middle class people, buy a house and make payments, spend money on cars, electronics, vacations, etc. only valuable people are those who feed the economy and wealthy. most girls are raised that way and told by their parents not to date losers. date a guy with a college degree and a future. movies, shows, media, books mostly all push this narrative too. I had it pushed on me growing up, i see kids today having it pushed on them. now more today then my generation are rebelling but i can't date a 15 old girl also they might still conform to society when they get older. even women without a job, college drop out, on disability living off their parents rejected me for not having my life together. in their case I do make more then them as they make nothing, still wasn't enough. finding a woman my age with no kids who isn't already in a relationship is tougher then winning the lottery. doesn't help my area has way more men then women, meaning women here have loads of choices.

most people women or men do what society says to do. society says men without good middle class jobs are worthless and not to be dated. society says to be good little middle class people, buy a house and make payments, spend money on cars, electronics, vacations, etc. only valuable people are those who feed the economy and wealthy. most girls are raised that way and told by their parents not to date losers. date a guy with a college degree and a future. movies, shows, media, books mostly all push this narrative too. I had it pushed on me growing up, i see kids today having it pushed on them. now more today then my generation are rebelling but i can't date a 15 old girl also they might still conform to society when they get older. even women without a job, college drop out, on disability living off their parents rejected me for not having my life together. in their case I do make more then them as they make nothing, still wasn't enough. finding a woman my age with no kids who isn't already in a relationship is tougher then winning the lottery. doesn't help my area has way more men then women, meaning women here have loads of choices.
Ohhhh yes. This one. The social stigma on being employed, to even being validated as a human being is HUGE. you lose out on allot of life oppurtunities. So you get a job. People respect you more and treat you "normally". But due to ASD, you lose that job. After a few months or weeks. And then its back to square one again. A tiny glimmor of hope. Then BANG. gone. Is this how it is for others here too?

Ohhhh yes. This one. The social stigma on being employed, to even being validated as a human being is HUGE. you lose out on allot of life oppurtunities. So you get a job. People respect you more and treat you "normally". But due to ASD, you lose that job. After a few months or weeks. And then its back to square one again. A tiny glimmor of hope. Then BANG. gone. Is this how it is for others here too?
I did a lot to get a job only to find out its not a real job and doesn't count.
online dating gives tiny glimmor of hope then crushes it. anytime I get a match I know it work work out so just waiting for it to end like it always does.

I became a soldier to help people, not to stand by and do nothing. Hope you read my post. Hope it works out. It's never the right answer bro. Never.

Last edited:
(system member) Host doesn't think she'll get a permanent partner ever and accepted it when she was a teenager cause she didn't have in real life friends let alone the chance to get a romantic partner. The only times in real life that she has gotten the opportunity to be in a relationship were from mean manipulative school kids (they would disrupt an entire class/hallway for attention to ask her). She also thinks it would be extremely rare that anyone would have romantic feelings for her and not anyone else instead because she feels pained/sad most of the time, so, there's that.

New Threads

Top Bottom