• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How many of you finally admit you will never be in a relationship or married.

Did anyone just see the report about guy from the Mets that sent some poor female reporter unsolicited dick pics? This kind of behavior from other men is why I'm afraid to put myself out there. I'm afraid that I'm going to come across as a creep just because I'm awkward. Guys as a whole have to treat women better. I'd never do anything like that, but that stuff just makes it harder to have confidence when you're already awkward and you have to fight that stuff. I'm not saying women shouldn't be paranoid, because they absolutely should.......it just sucks from a male perspective that other men wouldn't treat women with respect and dignity.

I've dabbled a little, but I've never really truly desired a girlfriend or wife. I really don't even know what to do along the lines of obtaining one. However if a woman that I liked a lot was very persistent, knowing full well how I'm wired, that might work out. But I'm not pining for such.

That doesn’t make me any more hopeful as that’d be too late to get anything I want out of the relationship. I intend to be dead before 50 if I’m still single.
I predict I will be dead around my 50s, so I understand what you are saying.

I not only admit it, I am proud of it. I get disgusted and irritated when other people moan and whine that they have no spouse or children and therefor they are a failure because those are the only reasons we should exist. Am I the only human being on Earth who feels this way, or am I really a space alien and my parents found me in the woods in a giant capsule?

I am so sick of the human race still thinking such nonsense in the 21st century. No wonder I don't want to socialize. It's like some kind of a cult.

I've been asked 18 times, but I'm looking for 50-50 and not a 80-20. My standards are high, because I know how far I can go. If I believe they wouldn't go just as far for me after getting to know them. My standards aren't high to me. As it is natural for me to be very empathic.

you've had 18 relationships?

No I've had 18 proposals. Some of them I never dated. One of them I didn't know. They only knew I finished basic training, was intelligence, and going to az.
A lot of them I never dated, but I don't really do relationships. Between the army and being from a small town they added up pretty fast. Not really sure why they happened.

i never get female attention.

I don't try and it just happens. Although if you turn your head when your eyes meet. They could think you might not be interested. I do it from time to time and get a negative result. I normally don't look unless if I catch them looking and attractive.
Could try something like the gym too. Are they an issue that usually happens or are they just never around?
I do have a big build and a veteran. It could be a feeling protected issue. Plus people tend to think I'm intelligent. I also have an odd accent from a speech impediment. I got better, but I never lost the accent.

I my case, I'm very aro ace, always been. So since I was a kid I tried to imagine a future in which I wouldn't marry or date anyone. For instance, when I was 8 I wanted to be a nun. When I was 14 I wanted to become a Buddhist monk. Only when I learned that asexuality was a thing that I understood I didn't have to find excuses to not have a relationship and since then (I was 17, am 28 now) I've been feeling super comfortable with the idea of it, even though I feel that society will always expect me to be with someone. Though I understand that I'll need to put an extra effort in everything in order to be myself. Society isn't made for single people, everything is too expensive, if you want to have children it's going to be harder, people will treat you differently, most people around you will be focused on their own families and you'll often find yourself alone, etc. Adult life was built upon sharing burdens and duties with a partner and I won't have that.

That's cool, all decisions are up to you. We all are different and the same. We all see and experience the world differently. I considered being a monk, but I changed my mind. I'd know I want to have a kid later on. Hopefully it's another good person on earth.

I don't try and it just happens. Although if you turn your head when your eyes meet. They could think you might not be interested. I do it from time to time and get a negative result. I normally don't look unless if I catch them looking and attractive.
Could try something like the gym too. Are they an issue that usually happens or are they just never around?
I do have a big build and a veteran. It could be a feeling protected issue. Plus people tend to think I'm intelligent. I also have an odd accent from a speech impediment. I got better, but I never lost the accent.
there's also women who marry military men for money and due to them being away a lot. sounds like thats what they were if they want to marry a guy they don't even know.
I'm a ugly loser on disability working part time min wage.

Va disability, since you're working minimum? Beauty is perspective not sure what could make anyone an ugly loser. If something makes you feel ugly it can usually get changed.
What makes you a loser? We all enjoy different things. That's why I mentioned a hobby. I've been big, built, bald, and long hair. Good teeth and even bad teeth Since I was very sick from cancer and puking a lot. I'm very introverted I'm an INFJ.

I'm a loser on disability too. Could not get a job without College, and I am too stupid for College. I always end up in remedial no credit classes for Math and English which I end up failing.

That doesn't make you a loser. We all have our thing. Job's are tight right now. They're literally a pandemic. I have issues too. I have ptsd.
I'm horrible with English as a class. Math is different but I just know it or use too.
It is hard to maintain security for you and possiblity future children. Although if you keep looking at yourself as a loser. How will they see you any other way. You've probably missed some signs. Everyone has there own personally or type.
The key to it is to not worry and be yourself. Expect rejection it strings. Still someone is going to like you. I noticed a lot on another tread titled speed dating. If you're in a big city they're most likely one. With it being pretty popular on the forum. You might find someone. Lifting weights is good. Takes about 6 months to start showing. If you're not in a big city. You should consider a big city. More people better odds.

New Threads

Top Bottom