• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How fast is your internet connection?

Keep in mind that I'm routing this through a neighbor's cable modem, using my router as a wireless repeater.
When I have the service directly, I pay for speeds in excess of 19 Mb/s download 5Mb/s upload, and my PING time drops to around 20ms.

Last edited:
3436267540.png

100/100 fiber connection

Looks like the wireless speed in this state office building is pretty fast. I wish the line I'm waiting in was moving along just as fast.

HO-LY Crap!!!!! I'd love a fiber connection. :-/

Though, I have to say the UT one seems to have an awfully long ping time for fiber.

Though, I have to say the UT one seems to have an awfully long ping time for fiber.

From what I understand (and someone please correct me if I'm talking out my rear), while a faster connection can certainly help improve ping times, ping depends mostly on proximity to the server it's contacting. So it might be that the closest SpeedTest server to him still took 32 ms to make the round-trip despite the extremely high upload/download speeds.

In other words, ping time indicates distance to the server rather than speed of the connection (usually).

From what I understand (and someone please correct me if I'm talking out my rear), while a faster connection can certainly help improve ping times, ping depends mostly on proximity to the server it's contacting. So it might be that the closest SpeedTest server to him still took 32 ms to make the round-trip despite the extremely high upload/download speeds.

In other words, ping time indicates distance to the server rather than speed of the connection (usually).
Or the reaction speed from the server you are sending a request to.

My computer connection's pretty good. :D
My PS3's connection to the net on the other hand, well that's another story... :p

20.23 Mbps down
2.19 Mbps up
9ms latency
1ms jitter

Bonded line dsl, its the only thing I can get where I live that is not even slower then what I have. The internet at work is only 20% of that, so I have installed some antenna to use my home internet at work since it was close enough to do so. Gotta love wifi for that.

Never even entered my mind to use the word "fast" in connection with my internet speed - oh what am I saying, internet snailpace more like ;)

I hope the americans here are doing their part - please set a good precedent for the rest of the world! Uphold net neutrality!

Mine is 80 down and 30 up. It suppose to be 50 down but they only down grade the pricing and not the speed. I can't complain over this though. It nice I can run a server at home and I have faster internet than many local businesses have. Though I understand some of those business have lower requirements.

I havent woked on a new server so-far so this conection is fine for now , would need to get back to 175/175 once my NAS is setted-up

I havent woked on a new server so-far so this conection is fine for now , would need to get back to 175/175 once my NAS is setted-up
I can't get that speed for upload here, the max they provide is 30mbp up. But the max down speed they provide is 250mbps. I know some point they increase the upload speed, but I consider 30 mbps is good. Great for the torrent sites I use to seed.

New Threads

Top Bottom