• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How fast is your internet connection?

One of the major point of having my onw nas , Is I can digitize no compression my music and get it whenever/however I need , 30mbs is the minimum for full 1080p streaming

One of the major point of having my onw nas , Is I can digitize no compression my music and get it whenever/however I need , 30mbs is the minimum for full 1080p streaming
It would be nice if better lossless compression existed

Flac can do a pretty jobs , but , the promblem is , most just want to have the smalest file avalable . I have some studio Master FLAC ... almost 2bg for only one album

Flac can do a pretty jobs , but , the promblem is , most just want to have the smalest file avalable . I have some studio Master FLAC ... almost 2bg for only one album
I been listing to Flac for years since my friend is an audiophile. He taught me lots of things. Too bad most people don't understand quality audio.

3843906538.png

108751063.png

Still to slow for me :(

Really, I only get half the speed and clearly not that much upload speed but it doesn't seem to ever bother me much.

Download speed: 20.97
Ping: 3 ms
Upload speed: 7.02

WAY better than it used to be, now that my internet recently got an upgraded to much faster speeds. :D

4114656866.png

Thats better, now i can do a lot of super fast uploads.
I just pulled 28.65 down and sent 2.09 up with a 32ms ping in the Ookla servers in the USA. I am on the second tier of speed on Atlantic Broadband cable internet

I don't send a lot uphill,so it is not a problem for me,but yours looks awesome both ways

This is over my LTE cellular network, which unfortunately is proving the most reliable connection I have currently...

Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 6.38.40 PM.png

188 ms ping 2.68 down and one up on a 3g network here

35-37 Mb Fibre at Home, same at my Parents, perfect for WWE Network streaming and Xbox gaming.

Mine is okay. Sometimes it gets an attitude and conks out for no reason whatsoever, which for some reason is resolved simply by dis- and reconnecting. But it usually works fine.

Download speed: 14.84mbps
Upload speed: 1.02mbps

On EE. I only have landline broadband, there is no cable here, so that is pretty ok. In my old area, also not cabled, it was 6 or 8 mbps.

Time to fire up this dinosaur of a thread and take it for a spin

Screenshot 2023-03-28 212313.png

My kinetic fiber optic system rules :cool:

mileanhour.jpg

Not very impressive but I have tested this and all I need is 6. If I have 6 Mbps download speed, I can use the internet and watch movies and everything I want to without problems. So this is more than enough for me.

View attachment 99852

Not very impressive but I have tested this and all I need is 6. If I have 6 Mbps download speed, I can use the internet and watch movies and everything I want to. without problems. So this is more than enough for me.
I went from a very unreliable cable system to what I have now.

In fact, this connection costs me less than the garbage I had.

I move a lot of files around the internet, so quick upload speeds are very welcome to my usage.

I lost a 3 TB external hard drive that was filled to the brim and lost an entire library of avi movies that were sorted by both years and themes.
They were downloaded one by one then burned to DVDs.
From there, I transferred them to the drive.
It took several years to gain and catalog them all and they were gone in a flash.
I still have the DVD copies, but no longer have the interest to do it again.

I store images and files all over the internet.
Most of the info is uploaded to the vast number of forums I belong to, sometimes several times over.
I'm a big fan of jump drives and have stacks of laptop hard discs loaded with backups.

I still bemoan the fact that I lost a huge box of photographs and negatives in a 100 year flood.
Like about 15 years worth, gone forever.
I started carrying a SLR when I was in Jr. highschool and did a ton of darkroom work, so there were thousands of pictures.

I was cleaning up a shop I had and placed the box on the floor so I could take them home.
I didn't because I didn't want to carry them in the rain.

So yeah, backup are a thing of mine now.

Last edited:
I went from a very unreliable cable system to what I have now.

In fact, this connection costs me less than the garbage I had.

I move a lot of files around the internet, so quick upload speeds are very welcome to my usage.

I lost a 3 TB external hard drive that was filled to the brim and lost an entire library of avi movies that were sorted by both years and themes.
They were downloaded one by one then burned to DVDs.
From there, I transferred them to the drive.
It took several years to gain and catalog them all and they were gone in a flash.
I still have the DVD copies, but no longer have the interest to do it again.

I store images and files all over the internet.
Most of the info is uploaded to the vast number of forums I belong to, sometimes several times over.
I'm a big fan of jump drives and have stacks of laptop hard discs loaded with backups.

I still bemoan the fact that I lost a huge box of photographs and negatives in a 100 year flood.
Like about 15 years worth, gone forever.
I started carrying a SLR when I was in Jr. highschool and did a ton of darkroom work, so there were thousands of pictures.

I was cleaning up a shop I had and placed the box on the floor so I could take them home.
I didn't because I didn't want to carry them in the rain.

So yeah, backup are a thing on mine now.

My upload speed seemed to be a little low so I ran the test again, then it was 3 times faster. So it varies a lot. But I don't do a lot of big uploads, so it's not crucial for me to have a fast speed.

New Threads

Top Bottom