• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How fast is your internet connection?

After days of luck of having about over 30 megs coming up to 40.

And now the speed has gone back down, but faster than what it was when I posted on here.

I just have to wait till next year until my line has probably another trial run for 40meg broadband. :p

My line is currently a 20mbps Virgin Media Cable connection.

My test results:

SpeedTest.net (Inside UK):

SpeedTest.net (Outside UK):

PingTest.net (Inside UK):

PingTest.net (Outside UK):

Not too bad, considering :D

Got to decide which provider to go with from September, when I move into my own place for University.

How fast is my internet connection ? Ahaha .... hahahaha.... hahahahahahahaha. hahahahahah .... XD

12.1 Mbps down, 758kbps up, 750 ms ping speed, and a 25GB monthly bandwidth allowance.

There are no typos there, I assure you.

7961511.png

This is definitely how fast my mobile internet has been recently since upgrading to 4G, very impressed. ;)

Down load speed; 12.91 Mbps
upload speed; 0.87 Mbps
ping 19 Ms

I have seen the upload around 14 Mbps

Mine is so slow that after about 4 minutes it gave up trying load the speedtest applet.

Dialup with crap buried lines, a good day is connecting at 28.8.

I got faster internet on a 386 computer when I lived with my dad in the late 90s, phone lines were so much better there.

Speedtest.jpg

Mine is so slow that after about 4 minutes it gave up trying load the speedtest applet.

Dialup with crap buried lines, a good day is connecting at 28.8.

I got faster internet on a 386 computer when I lived with my dad in the late 90s, phone lines were so much better there.

View attachment 8420

I thought Dial-Up connection no longer existed with the lights of super fast broadband and fibre optic?
I'm currently tethering my 4G phone to my laptop and got this:

I get 4G on my phone but there's no LTE service here, so it's rather slow. Currently, I go back and forth between that and my satellite Internet provider.

Small town problems...

Well after reloading it 3 or 4 times to cache different stages of the applet I finally got somewhere. BTW this is a 28.8 day so good. Many times when it gets wet outside it goes down to 16.8 or so. Completly worthless lines. We do have Charter (fiber optic) but after setting up an appointment and taking time off work to be here they refused to install it even though I have one of their service boxes in my front yard. They thought up any excuse they could. Wireless is no good, my mom brings her laptop out here and it won't work. Only option is satellite and price is out of the question, not to mention we have so many bad weather days that it would be unreliable, then having to clean snow from it 8 months of the year. The people I know with working wireless have horrible and unreliable performance, on the same pages it would be faster to just do it from home. My dialup may be slow and limiting but it's like the tortoise vs the hare, at least it always works. And this forum is made so it runs very well for me.
3398540536.png

Last edited:
3436019043.png

Not too bad for land down under, but we do hold a notorious reputation for being behind the world for internet speed.

New Threads

Top Bottom