• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

That's quite sporting of you! Which reminds me of Goldfish racing. Coaches are allowed to encourage their racers with bubbles (they are not swallowing them thru straws). I am undecided about the ethics of it. I mean dogs and such seem to enjoy competing in events. But do Goldfish?

woman_goldfish.jpg

Ducks compete in events unwittingly! They have duck-calling contests. Bird calls specifically for ducks! Too bad, "Come here, duckie duckie!" doesn't work. :eek:

I have a duck as my phone background (obviously) and showed a five-year-old who was talking about the duck from Toy Story 4 and he said, "Duckie!" when he saw it.

It was great! :D

Speaking of calls, when I was a child I once called a carpenter and tried to make a fake order in my best adult voice. I think my chuckling gave it away.

Ducks compete in events unwittingly! They have duck-calling contests. Bird calls specifically for ducks!

I've observed humans trying to do the same.
A lacklustre, spoken "Quack quack" in English at a duck.
And then waiting for the duck to respond in the hope it really will.

I've had some situations where I would have been dead meat if I chuckled out loud.

When I was in college (and quite immature), my boss, coworkers, and I were all taking a programming class together. I wrote a script that would replace my boss's compiled program with one that locked up his PC. He went to reset it, but instead of resetting just his PC, he reset the entire power strip. That reset 3 other people's PC's on the same table, with no warning to save their work. They yelled at him and he just mumbled, "Sorry. My computer locked up."

One of the coworkers at my table knew I was going to do this and he looked at me. I made eye contact, but then had to make a supreme effort to not burst out in laughter. I couldn't snicker, or even smirk. Straight face, head down, wait an hour until I could get somewhere safe to laugh.

That's quite sporting of you! Which reminds me of Goldfish racing. Coaches are allowed to encourage their racers with bubbles (they are not swallowing them thru straws). I am undecided about the ethics of it. I mean dogs and such seem to enjoy competing in events. But do Goldfish?

View attachment 55461

Gasp! I wonder what prizes they get.

nerds.jpeg

Funny if one day this is all that future aliens can find left from human fossils.

I've had some situations where I would have been dead meat if I chuckled out loud.

When I was in college (and quite immature), my boss, coworkers, and I were all taking a programming class together. I wrote a script that would replace my boss's compiled program with one that locked up his PC. He went to reset it, but instead of resetting just his PC, he reset the entire power strip. That reset 3 other people's PC's on the same table, with no warning to save their work. They yelled at him and he just mumbled, "Sorry. My computer locked up."

One of the coworkers at my table knew I was going to do this and he looked at me. I made eye contact, but then had to make a supreme effort to not burst out in laughter. I couldn't snicker, or even smirk. Straight face, head down, wait an hour until I could get somewhere safe to laugh.

My sister was messing with her new home computer and was changing settings when she accidently set it for white letters on white background. Had to call a professional out to fix it. This is the sister I still talk to. She just retired so now it'll be her and her two dogs. Hey, two dogs like me. And both my dogs love the harmonica.

My sister was messing with her new home computer and was changing settings when she accidently set it for white letters on white background.

I had a job in college building and repairing computers. The first one they gave me to fix just needed the brightness turned up (it was a Compaq Luggable. How’s that for old?).

Three Dog Night

The phrase is a rudimentary nightly temperature gauge. Dogs huddled with humans at night for the warmth. On really cold nights,three dogs were called into the bed to keep the owner from freezing to death.

Pats and her sister are rated up to 2 dog nights.

I however, am rated up to 4 dog nights.

I always liked Three Dog Night. Except for "Joy to the World". I did not like Jeremiah the bullfrog.

Tom's dogs are small I think? So maybe the 4 of them are equivalent to Pat's sister's 2?

Cats sleep on beds too, and a 3 Cat night is very snug. I only have one cat in my household but perhaps I should get more soon, ready for winter?

Ahhh bless those sleeping kittehs. Or, leopards. Hopefully they're seeing him as a bed sharer, rather than dinner... :eek:

cheeting is one of the only reliable ways to earn a modest amount of trading currency while gambling
and im sure a cheetah would excel at said cheeting.

New Threads

Top Bottom