• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cheetahs are big cats, cats eat fish, and I keep fish. But I don’t keep cats. Not currently. I currently have a dog, bantams and fish. As I’ve said, they are gold coloured fish, but not goldfish. Goldfish are carp, but mine are dwarf gouramis, which are tropical fish, and I keep them inside in a tank.

Last edited:
I'm glad you keep your fish in a tank. They do better there. I used to help my brother fuel my dad's gas tank on his dozer every evening. We'd tank turns. One of us had to sit and watch the tank so it wouldn't overfill while the other pumped the diesel. We did that while my sisters washed dishes.

threads are attached to all tangible things living or unliving sentient or inanimate and all threads come from the path which leads through all parts of the world.
walking the path will immerse you in direction and purpose but if you lack the self control to leave the path then said direction and purpose will become its own end.

Speaking of paths, one of my favourite Psalms is Psalm 23 which includes verses about paths and walking

Psalm 23:3-4 KJV
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. [4] Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Things that walk on the land create paths, but I haven’t seen many fish using paths. Sure they might swim a similar route, but it doesn’t get worn in like walking does. Nor do they lay asphalt or stones. They just swim around, up and down. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow. Watching fish can be quite relaxing.

Fish and chips was one of my favourite lunch options when I was at secondary school. I particularly enjoyed them with the addition of mushy peas and plenty of vinegar.

When we were young we were traveling out west and at some western town pretending to play poker, accusing the other of hiding the poker CHIPS and got into a gun fight. It was fun.

Once I played poker with my dad's friends as one of the regular players didn't show up at the last minute. They all talked to me like I was a little girl, at that point I looked about sixteen but was in my twenties. Telling me how to play and bid, I went along with it, playing the role of the young girl that they ascribed to me.

I noticed throughout the evening as we played, that I could tell when they were bluffing or when they had good cards. Twitch of the fingers, the way they held the cards tightly, or swayed their feet a little, or smoked, or drank from their glasses. Some of them gave themselves away a little bit.

Towards the end, one of them said, " Call, so, what have you got girlie?" I knew he was probably holding a straight flush or a full house by the way his foot was swinging back and forth. "This, I said, this is a royal flush right Dad? That's beats a straight flush doesn't it?" I won all the pennies in the pot that night, with my Dad laughing until tears were streaming down his face. Either out of embarassment or pride, as he had taught me to play the game.

Last edited:
In 1995, I was a programmer at a slot machine company. My first assignment was to work on the best-cards-to-hold algorithm in our video poker games. They gave me some tables with the best cards to hold in every situation. After a few weeks of working on them, I had the tables memorized.

Then, we went on vacation to visit my wife's family at a country cabin. When I mentioned what I was working on, my wife's uncles insisted I play poker with them. I dealt one hand, and got a pretty good hand. I held the right cards (according to those tables) and - just by luck only - drew exactly the cards I needed. It happened again on the second hand. It was pure luck, but none of them would play poker with me after that.

Last edited:
Ikea has a great variety of tables that come in a variety of shapes, colours and sizes. The instructions for putting the tables together typically have no words but rely on images to describe the various parts and the method of construction.

Fish come in all sorts of shapes. Some are diamonds. Some are long and skinny. Some are flat, others are fat. Some are very big, while others are very small.

Speaking of red, I drew and created an anthropomorphic red maple leaf, named, appropriately, Maple. I made her as sort of a mascot for Canada Day, but I make drawings of her all year round. In my earlier drawings I made two versions of Maple: "Natural" Maple, who had an orange leaf for a head, a brown twig-like body and green leafy clothes, and "Patritotic" Maple, who is colored red and white like the Canadian Flag and wears a long white scarf trimmed with red. But I liked the "Patriotic" Maple much better and stuck with her. I also made dolls of Maple and her best friend/sidekick Slappy the Beaver, who is also red and white.

Not sure how red or orange were related to the shape of fish, but it certainly relates to the colour of them. There are a lot of tropical fish in our local shops that have these colours, and it can be hard to find something different. There a few fish like neon tetras and some gouramis that have blue. I don’t think I’ve ever had a green fish.

"Tetras" reminds me of "Tetris". Tetris is my all time favourite game. I preferred playing on an old style phone that used buttons though, rather than a touchscreen phone because I make more mistakes when relying on a swiping action instead of pressing a button which provides physical feedback.

Speaking of red, I drew and created an anthropomorphic red maple leaf, named, appropriately, Maple. I made her as sort of a mascot for Canada Day, but I make drawings of her all year round. In my earlier drawings I made two versions of Maple: "Natural" Maple, who had an orange leaf for a head, a brown twig-like body and green leafy clothes, and "Patritotic" Maple, who is colored red and white like the Canadian Flag and wears a long white scarf trimmed with red. But I liked the "Patriotic" Maple much better and stuck with her. I also made dolls of Maple and her best friend/sidekick Slappy the Beaver, who is also red and white.

I posted this after seeing the Dr. Seuss book, "One Fish,Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish". But by the time I was done typing three other people at least had already posted something else. But I didn't to delete all the typing I had put so much effort into and posted it anyway.:D

Frogs are kind of like fish, especially when they are pollywogs and there is one that looks like a leaf when you look at it from above, and it jumps into water and pretends be a floating leaf to escape predators. It has a long, skinny nose that looks like the stem of a leaf. The male frog actually keeps the pollywogs inside his vocal sac until they grow into baby frogs. Then they jump out of his mouth and live on their own.

I too enjoy reading books.

once read,
I don't have the space to keep and store them.

I give them away by leaving them in various places for random strangers to pick up.

New Threads

Top Bottom