• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Vindicator Phoenix

She/her pronouns
V.I.P Member
Okay, here's the plan, people! Someone above is you is gonna talk about something! Do whatever you can, to transition their topic into something you like.

It doesn't matter how much your interest differs from theirs! If you can find a tiny speck of relevance, to your interest, capitalize on it; hijack the conversation!

For example:

Person 1 (dog lover): I love dogs. My Golden Retriever cuddles with me, and never bites.

Person 2 (computer lover): Speaking of bites, my hard drive contains 8 terrabytes.

Person 3 (hamburger lover): "Terra-" is a prefix for "earth," right? Well, on this earth, near my house, there's a McDonald's restaurant! Their hamburgers are the tastiest!

Person 4 (Pikachu lover): Like the word, "hamburger," "Pikachu" contains the letter, "A." Gosh! Pikachu is so cute! Pokémon would never be the same, without him!

Person 5 (sports car lover): If I had a Lamborghini, I'd put a Pikachu decal on the hood. Just kidding! I wouldn't! I'd spray flames on the doors, and speed around the city!

Person 6 (horror movie lover): My favorite horror movie, The Descent, takes place in a city. No... wait. It's a cave; there's no city, at all; I almost forgot. It's got the best mix of claustrophobic thrills and creepy monsters. You get to connect with the characters personally, before they die. Then, you'll miss them more!

I'll begin:

I just played some Age of Empires 2. Normally, I don't play as the Ethiopian civilization, but I do admire the capabilities of their archers and mechanical siege weaponry. Their challenge involves supporting their weak front line with ranged firepower and countering the units that attempt to charge straight through it. I do wish that they possessed the Crop Rotation technology, from the Imperial Age. That would reduce the chances of farm food depleting, in the middle of battle.

Farms!? Guess what lives on farms! :D

images

“Duck love is recognizable in any language.”
― Edmond Manning

Language is very important in my job. ‘Plain English’ is what we all aim for. This means getting rid of jargon and convoluted speech. If we can present information concisely and clearly, we will.

The language of ducks is far more diverse than most people think! It's common for ducks to be thought of only as "quacking" but they make a variety of other sounds most commonly recognized simply as the sounds of birds. Ducks even communicate using body language!

You know what else is a conundrum? Whether P = NP! This problem has formed the basis of encryption and cryptocurrencies, but a single proof that P = NP could unravel everything.

I've been working for 2 years on a math program of my own that handles (among other things) the N-Sat problem in a systematic manner. It's very highly unlikely that my program will solve the N-Sat problem in polynomial time, but if it did, it would be not only the proof that P = NP, but a concrete implementation of the proof.

Currency is a changing thing. People have gone from carrying around money to using just a bank card. It's more handy to have card on you than cash.

A card is certainly easier to carry than cash. And a duck is easier to carry than a dog. But carrying fish can be problematic. Sure, you can put them in a plastic bag, but it’s not very convenient having to catch them first. What’s more, if they are tropical fish, they might get chilled. And the handling can damage them. So I like to keep mine in their aquarium. I have a couple of tanks of tropicals inside. But I also have some goldfish in a barrel outside.

Goldfish are really orange though, dont you think? I like oranges and juice them several times a week, with other fruits and vegetables.

Orange is one colour. Goldfish can also be black, or bronze, and some are multi-coloured. Though I’d rather talk about tiger barbs. These are one of my favourite fish. Though they aren’t so good kept in a community tank because they like to nip the fins of other fish.

My new community tank is giving me a run for my money- the ammonia levels just won't go down but the fish seem fine. My electric blue crayfish molted and now is twice his original size.

Ducks eat fish! And lots of other things!

Such as:

• Small fish and fish eggs
  • Snails, worms, slugs, and mollusks
  • Small crustaceans such as crayfish
  • Grass, leaves, and weeds
  • Algae and aquatic plants and roots
  • Frogs, tadpoles, salamanders, and other amphibians
  • Aquatic and land insects
  • Seeds and grain
  • Small berries, fruits, and nuts

Silly ducks!! :D

Based on that I won’t keep a duck in my fish tank because I’m rather fond of my fish and don’t want them eaten. Currently I have some dwarf honey gouramis. While they are orange, they’re not goldfish :)

A gold fish would sink.

I liked the Tiger Barbs but preferred the Guppies. So colourful.

A little like the iridescent feather colour on parts of the male Mallard when the sun catches it.That feeding information posted by Fino was useful.
I often take some bird seed along to feed the ducks, geese and swans when going for a walk passed a public park with a pond.

Those nesting swans in one particular park, sitting eggs, should have their cygnets by now.
public parks with ponds and wildlife are far busier than smaller parks.

I was hit in the back of the head with a mis aimed football on my last visit.
like dogs, those little ****** should be kept under control or on lead in a public place.
or they could find themselves "swimming with the fishies"
keeping the sunken, gold fish company

Wow an axolotl looks like a cute creature. My cat would enjoy meeting her I feel sure. Meeting/Eating, whatever... That's how cats are, they just gobble up cute creatures, and then saunter home for their tea. Mmm, delicious! she meows.

This thread is very fishy.

51aa9QzBgxL._SX335_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I believe the lines of Dr Seuss's book are actual a secret code.

Ahh books! My once favourite past time that has taken a huge back seat, as technology takes over. But, ha, all is not lost, since I cannot read comfortable from a device and so, one day; yes, one day.... books will take over again!

I'm most comfortable at home. I love being at home and constantly changing things. I've just re-0painted my bathroom and did a pretty good job if I do say so myself. Looks professionally done. I don't understand why people hire other's to paint for them.

O'painted is an old Irish term my ancestors used. As in we O'painted the town red.

irish-yoga-funny-pictures-park-bench.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom