• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi I'm Shelby and I'm an addict.

slw0363

Howdy from the great state of Oklahoma yall. My name is Shelby and I'm an autistic addict. I started a blog with the hopes to make friends. It would mean the world if you would read it and interact with me over on my blog. I'm assuming you can find that through my profile, but if you can't I can try to find a link and post it here. Thank you so much!
Shelby 8/9/23 11:49pm

welcome_to_af.png

Hello & welcome @slw0363.

You should seek out an official diagnosis for your autism.
If you get such, you could seek out an autism-competent addiction counselor.
So many of my previous "therapies" did not work because they did not factor in my autism.
(I received that diagnosis when I was 45.)

Last edited:
Hello and welcome, Shelby! I hope you enjoy your time on the forum. I’m looking forward to reading some of your thoughts.

Recovering addict myself. Sober from alcohol and weed. My gaming addiction has dramatically lessened. Still addicted to bad food, my computer, and impulsive spending.

Ed

Hello and welcome to the forum, Shelby. I hope your recovery goes well and I hope you enjoy your time here. We're here if you ever need any support!

New Threads

Top Bottom