• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fictional Characters whom you think have Asperger/autism

Saga Nor?n from Bron|Broen (The bridge; Danish/Swedish crime series) shows a lot of traits I thought were Asperger-ish. It's not confirmed in the series... even though in the show a co-worker comments "she's a bit odd", as well as her boss (the police chief; since Saga is a cop) does talk to her more in private and has a really good understanding for her and her behaviour.

The wiki-page of the series apparently pointed out that she has a lot of traits in common with Aspergers as well, so it wasn't just me thinking it. I recognized a fair share of things she does, which in the series she's being told as "being not normal", which make me doubt how many people would probably have stepped up to me in the past if I were a bit more approachable, lol.

The Bridge (Danish/Swedish TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for anyone interested

I am watching Fringe, and the Astrid from the other side seems kind of like an aspie.

If taking language really literal, way to literal is among common traits, here's one; Yakko, Wakko and Dot (The Animaniacs).

Buuuuut... they're cartoon characters and their behaviour is portrayed as such for comedic effect; as well as an exageration because of their cartoony quality.

While I think they're hilarious, I can relate to most of their jokes and pretty much see them coming, since I can pull out a lot of "literal interpretation" out of my own hat so to say.

Looking the general criteria out of DSM IV, I could probably apply a lot to them... I don't think it's intentional though.

Example;

Last edited by a moderator:
All the main characters on The Big Bang Theory (except the cute blonde neighbour girl)

Mr.Spock

That cartoon kid with the big head who couldn't do sports but was a maths whiz in the old Foghorn Leghorn cartoon.

Schroeder in the Charlie Brown/Snoopy 'Peanuts' cartoons.

Tony Hill in the Brit TV series Wire In The Blood was diagnosed with Aspergers in one episode.

Abby from NCIS:D
abby-sciuto.jpg

I find it funny and cool that all the which NCIS character are you quiz pick me as Abby:giggle2:

Last edited:
How about the brain from Pinky & the brain?:D

Hmhm...think he's just really, really smart. Well, he has an unhealthy obsession with taking over the world.

Slightly debunking my earlier Animaniacs statement; can non-humans even have autism? And what about antromorphisized animals? What makes them antromorphisized? Their "proneness" to disorders that are presumably human, as well as some other things; like use of "human" speech, walking on 2 legs, etc.

I need to lay of the coffee, lol

I saw the latest episode of Parenthood, Max who has asperger's was running for class president. He gave his speech which was very short and one note, everyone just stared at him, so he said "I have asperger's some things are difficult for me, like looking people in the eye and saying hi, so i don't do that. Some people think Asperger's is a bad thing, but there are some good things about asperger's..." and he started talking about some of his positive aspie traits that would make him a good president. The students ended up cheering for him and he won. In order to run he had to get 25 signatures, and the kids wrote mean things things down instead of their names. So he couldn't get these kids to even sign his petition but they ended up cheering and voting for him, and I have to say it made me cry.

I personally think that Rodney McKay on Stargate Atlantis is an Aspie. I don't think its ever mentioned but I would bet that he is one.

Does anyone remember the old Mad Magazines from the 80s? there were these 2 characters drawn by Don Martin: Fester Bestertester & Karbunkle <---I think this last guy may be an Aspie (BUT not one of the high IQ ones!)

New Threads

Top Bottom