• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fictional Characters whom you think have Asperger/autism

All the main characters on The Big Bang Theory (except the cute blonde neighbour girl)

Mr.Spock

That cartoon kid with the big head who couldn't do sports but was a maths whiz in the old Foghorn Leghorn cartoon.

Schroeder in the Charlie Brown/Snoopy 'Peanuts' cartoons.

I don't think all the characters of big bang theory as aspie's ... just maybe sheldon. Even then I think he's got a couple other things going on there.

Temperance Brennon from bones ... she is a very clear aspergers person. I actually find that show comforting to watch because it's kind of nice to see someone who shares my weirdness as a popular character in mainstream TV. A lot of the stuff she does I do.

Abby from NCIS is also someone I would think of as a high functioning aspie because she is high routine based mostly. She also has a complete aversion to anyone touching her stuff ... something I understand!!! her lab is her castle and those who enter beware!!

I don't think all the characters of big bang theory as aspie's ... just maybe sheldon. Even then I think he's got a couple other things going on there.

Temperance Brennon from bones ... she is a very clear aspergers person. I actually find that show comforting to watch because it's kind of nice to see someone who shares my weirdness as a popular character in mainstream TV. A lot of the stuff she does I do.

Abby from NCIS is also someone I would think of as a high functioning aspie because she is high routine based mostly. She also has a complete aversion to anyone touching her stuff ... something I understand!!! her lab is her castle and those who enter beware!!

Also that Brennan is incredibly successful in what she does, she loves what she does, and she has found a relationship with someone she really loves, and so she would be a really good role model for aspies. Although I think awknowledging asperger's on the show or at least in interviews about the show would be good for the awareness of asperger's.

you're probably right ... it would be nice if they acknowledged that temperance has it. They probably don't even realize that's how they have written her to be honest. Though I'm sad because apparently they are going to throw poor booth and brennan under the bus in the current season. They aren't even promising they will stay together (though I hope they do because main stream TV needs more successful relationships rather than fly by night ones).

But her relationship with Booth reminds me of my relationship with my husband ... its a very open, honest and loving relationship. so in a way they have captured a lot of what it means to be an aspie in those two characters.

Also temperance has very strong friendships, but they are few and far between. I'm told that's another aspie trait - strong but few relationships.

Above all nice to see a successful aspie in main stream media :) and not just successful from a job point of view but successful in all areas of life.

yeah the other characters while they try to give her insight and tell her when she maybe needs to open her mind a bit or to try to be considerate, they accept her and love her for who she is.

I am wondering if Bennet from Dollhouse might be an aspie. Its a small role, but I am watching a couple of episodes she is in, she is socially awkward, seems more interested in the technology than people, when she got upset she repeated her words over and over raising her voice each time, that was the only possible stim I noticed, so far.

BBC Sherlock I'm sure has been mentioned... if not, well, he's an English version of me without the array of bad habits.

Characters with autism? I'm going to have to say River from Firefly on this one. She seems socially awkward around the rest of the crew on Serenity, and I've seen instances where she can recall every detail and memory of things that have happened in the past. She's a very mysterious character, and hard to define. In some episodes she talks to herself and diverts her eyes at an odd angle. I think she definitely has some type of autistic disorder, even though the show never mentions River having a syndrome.

Abed from Community. In the first episode another character tells him he has asperger's, but i am not sure if he was serious or not. A couple of the characters heard it as ass burgers, and laughed, another character was offended by the laughter and said it wasn't funny that it was very serious, there has been no other talk about it though. But while the character doesn't seem to have the sensory overload or meltdowns. He doesn't seem to understand social rules and expectations, he looks at it and often comments on it. He is very into movies and tv and relates just about everything to some movie or tv situation. He sometimes models his own behavior off of other characters. But in alot of ways he seems to be the character who expresses the most wisdom.

Abed from Community. In the first episode another character tells him he has asperger's, but i am not sure if he was serious or not. A couple of the characters heard it as ass burgers, and laughed, another character was offended by the laughter and said it wasn't funny that it was very serious, there has been no other talk about it though. But while the character doesn't seem to have the sensory overload or meltdowns. He doesn't seem to understand social rules and expectations, he looks at it and often comments on it. He is very into movies and tv and relates just about everything to some movie or tv situation. He sometimes models his own behavior off of other characters. But in alot of ways he seems to be the character who expresses the most wisdom.

I LOVE community. For months now I have been trying to get other people here to watch it. Abed has aspbergers. It is written into the script and never denied. He is fascinated with film and pop culture. They have many episodes that focus on just his character. I highly recommend it. It is such a funny show! My favorite episode is when they try to throw him a Pulp Fiction birthday party but they don't know he is pretending to be a character from another movie. And the two paint ball episodes are hysterical.

Last edited:
I LOVE community. For months now I have been trying to get other people here to watch it. Abed has aspbergers. It is written into the script and never denied. He is fascinated with film and pop culture. They have many episodes that focus on just his character. I highly recommend it. It is such a funny show! My favorite episode is when they try to throw him a Pulp Fiction birthday party but they don't know he is pretending to be a character from another movie. And the two paint ball episodes are hysterical.

I am still on season 2. I liked when they were trying to help him get a girlfriend, and it turned out he didn't need any help that girls just come up to him. It is really funny though.

In a review of Les Miserables the critic described Inspector Javer as "Asperger-y" which got me thinking of the possible connections there. While I certainly don't think he'd an aspie, he does have one aspie trait - a very simplistic moral outlook on the world. He thinks a man who steals a piece of bread to save his starving niece - like Jean Valjean - is an irredeemable scoundrel worth punishing to the fullest degree. I suppose that does make him a feared, anti-social official.

I don't know. There are many characters like that - religious fanatics, Nazi parking inspectors - would they have AS?

Dr. Gregory House from House for the levels of bluntness among other things..

Also Butters from South Park. I say that because we had similar childhoods where we ended up being the butt of all jokes. That and he's just awkward.
Maybe Stan Marsh as well because of how "into" things he tends to get. He's actually my favorite character from the show other than Ike. "Don't kick the baby!" lol

I have been thinking and doing a lot of contemplating and in the world of Girls and women with AS there is not a lot of characters that seem to be outwardly said to have even more so than male counterparts so that being said. I was watching NCIS from the beginning and realized that I personally think that Abby has AS. They might not say it outright but she is a lot like me. I mean a lot except of course I am bigger and blonde and don't look as cute in half of her clothing but hey...I digress.

Dr. Gregory House from House for the levels of bluntness among other things..

House doesn't have Asperger, I guess his only problem would be he doesn't trust people, or at least he knows people too well to trust them.

But I've been watching 7th season lately, and I'm pretty sure Masters has is. She has a very stereotyped sense of moral and doesn't share anything of her personal life with anyone, what makes her the most isolated member of the team. She also has weird interests (making paper airplanes and hunging them in the roof) and she never knows what to say to make the patients feel better. I remember her roommate also said she has a "peculiar fashion style".

Lisbeth Salander in Stig Larssen's "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" series. I'm reading the final book now (The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest). The main character (Salander) reminds me so much of HelloDizzy that it isn't funny (although they look nothing alike)!

I suspect Moss from the IT Crowd. He does show a lot of Aspie personas and he has narrow interests and he tends to be a bit socially inept, so I would say he has a mild case of Aspergers Syndrome.

New Threads

Top Bottom