• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fictional Characters whom you think have Asperger/autism

While Temperance Brennan does have the social awkwardness, the real life anthropologist, Kathy Reichs does not. One of my favorite TV shows is Bones.

Bobby Hill? Nah... Dale Gribble is a safer choice. :-X Unless you're talking about a totally different Bobby Hill. :shocked:

Dale Gribble has the cues and what not that could make him a possible Asperger's person, but then again who knows... XD!

Anyone think that Hermonie Granger from Harry potter has AS? Some of her traits seem to point to it a bit.

My main character in my novel, Erika, has Aspergers.
Book is in my siggy link.

She refuses to use contractions and never shows emotion.

Harold Finch on Person of Interest....I've figured out that most of the characters on tv I'm drawn to have definite aspie traits. House, Spencer Reid, Sheldon on BBT, Finch, Sherlock Holmes...
Stated to be an aspie: Jerry on Boston Legal.

I actually think sheldon is a good thing. He is introducing to the world what aspies is and they find him comical which would lead the avrage person to be more accepting of aspies i believe

haha.... that is exactly what i thought when I first saw big bang theory.... Sheldon is 110% aspie...
also House Md. is a perfect candidate ... :)

Sheldon Cooper, as many have already pointed out would have to be the quintessential, albeit overly stereotyped Aspie - but then the show wouldn't be as funny otherwise.
Anyone remember The Practice, about a legal firm, about 5 or 6 years ago? They had one of the first characterisations of Aspergers. Can't remember the character's name but he was always stimming in one way or another.

Anyone remember The Practice, about a legal firm, about 5 or 6 years ago? They had one of the first characterisations of Aspergers.
Can't remember the character's name but he was always stimming in one way or another.

I remember him, he was always going around with a stick that resembled a cigarette and when he pretended to smoke it gave him confidence yeah.

Last edited:
The title character in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I haven't seen either of the movies, but I read the book (one of the rare fiction books that I have read) and her emotional detachment, obsessions, and independence would seem to fit.

I remember him, he was always going around with a stick that resembled a cigarette and when he pretended to smoke it gave him confidence yeah.

That's the one!! And he had a walked with his arms fixed to his sides, which I've never seen anyone do, so I'm not even sure that's an Aspie thing.

That's the one!! And he had a walked with his arms fixed to his sides, which I've never seen anyone do, so I'm not even sure that's an Aspie thing.

Now we know why, it seems (Jerry Espenson) he was touted as diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, however it goes on to say; "although, his quirks seem to be a misrepresentation of the syndrome". This information came from wikipedia.org ; ]

Now we know why, it seems (Jerry Espenson) he was touted as diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, however it goes on to say; "although, his quirks seem to be a misrepresentation of the syndrome". This information came from wikipedia.org ; ]
Well there you go. That explains it. I'm convinced we Aspies are on this planet to solve all these mysteries! Where would the world be without us? :|

I think Brick in The Middle could be an Aspie. Intelligent, obsessive, inflexible, very uncomfortable in social situations and living in a world of his own. When I saw a t-shirt that says, "You read my t-shirt. That's enough social interaction for one day," I immediately thought of him. I could picture him saying that.

A B superhero movie called "Griff the Invisible". His Girlfriend Melody says "I live in a bubble. I feel like an alien. I can talk to anybody, but I can't communicate with them"

That plus her awkward clumsiness and ability to accept Griff for what he is makes methinks she is an Aspie.

(Don't know if this is PC, but I also think that the 49ers Head Coach Jim Harbaugh is an Aspie hiding in plain sight. Said to be the most detail oriented coach in the league, has the memory of an elephant, very down to earth in regards to how he like to be perceived and figits constantly during press interviews. Plus, sometimes does things that aren't exactly by the book. From his coaching philosophies to the infamous Back-slapgate that nearly started a fight between him and Jim schwartz)

Sooo has anyone seen the movie David & Lisa (1998)? I think David has AS. It just seems that he he tends to exude the classic symptoms especially his fascination with clocks.

New Threads

Top Bottom