• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Everything's Going to be Okay TV series

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
Has anyone seen this series? What did you think of it?

Sometimes I like it, and sometimes, the humor just seems like it's "too much." I think the Alex-Nicholas pairing is very awkward appearance-wise and it's meant to be that way. Alex (Adam Faison) is particularly very attractive. Also, Matilda's crush, Luke, played by Mason Gooding (son of Cuba Gooding Jr.) is particularly attractive and seems "out of Matilda's league" sadly.

I try to seek out any TV show or film that's autism related. I wish there was a 24/7 autism related channel because that's probably what I'd want to watch mostly.

I tried to watch this show and couldn't take the voices. The Matilda character sounds like she's on helium and same for the Nicholas character. I have issues with sound in general and related to that certain types of voices can be really hard for me to take.

@Magna have you seen the UK Comedy the IT Crowd? Maurice Moss is definitely on the spectrum. Also Ahbed in Community.

Ed

I think Moss is one of the greatest characters on TV and I think the IT Crowd is one of the best shows. I only wish it had a longer duration.

I'd recommend shows with Alan Partridge on too

Knowing Me, Knowing You
I'm Alan Partridge
Mid Morning Matters
This Time With Alan Partridge
Alpha Papa (movie)

Ed

One of my favorite shows ever!! I relate a lot to the characters and I really like the style. It was canceled way too early in my opinion if you are still in the first season in the first couple episodes (or even before ep 7) you might not like it if you are not somebody who tends to like shows like this one but truly their is so much good character development and good comedy yes it's awkward but so is being autistic in the world we live in. The show might also be more relatable to those more familiar with being in special ed or being autistic in ways that get in the way a bit more at times. Matilda was extremely relatable to me personally.

New Threads

Top Bottom