• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else here actually ENJOY some social interaction? [Warning: A NOVEL]

I am very empathetic to my own harm.
I am very empathetic to my own harm.

I have no idea where they came up with that idea because most aspies I have met have echoed what @BrokenBoy said about WANTING to interact but messing it up.

I do crave being with friends but they don't want me around. You know, email people who never email back, etc. I have a small group of friends I can see as long as I don't let them see my aspie traits. Mask=friends.

Harder with those who see you every day and don't like it. Just recently, in fact, a person with whom I live spelled it out clearly. I had been trapped in my tiny room for 10 hours (where I must stay during the day) and went down to say hi and a change of scenery and all.....and they said, "What do you want?!"

So who has no empathy? If I knew someone had been trapped in a room 10 hours, I would say something to the effect of Are you hungry?! or hey! or something. Not, "What do you want?!" I have also been in mid sentence when same said, "Are you done?!"

So yeah.....it's a little late in the game but I think I am catching on that I care a heck of a lot more than others.
That makes me sad that people are so mean to you. The whole world is not like that. Alot of people are decent and generally good. I believe alchohol makes people bitter because it is a solvent

I have no idea where they came up with that idea because most aspies I have met have echoed what @BrokenBoy said about WANTING to interact but messing it up.

I do crave being with friends but they don't want me around. You know, email people who never email back, etc. I have a small group of friends I can see as long as I don't let them see my aspie traits. Mask=friends.

Harder with those who see you every day and don't like it. Just recently, in fact, a person with whom I live spelled it out clearly. I had been trapped in my tiny room for 10 hours (where I must stay during the day) and went down to say hi and a change of scenery and all.....and they said, "What do you want?!"

So who has no empathy? If I knew someone had been trapped in a room 10 hours, I would say something to the effect of Are you hungry?! or hey! or something. Not, "What do you want?!" I have also been in mid sentence when same said, "Are you done?!"

So yeah.....it's a little late in the game but I think I am catching on that I care a heck of a lot more than others.

I love talking and sharing time with friends, online or in real life. With social interactions, I learn a lot. I interact online everyday unless I have to do something or I have an obligation that requires me to focus. Communication issues, misunderstandings, people coming and getting out of your life are normal events. They happen from time to time.
I agree that there are all kinds of people on the spectrum. I think I'm both an extrovert and an introvert. It depends on the situation.
I want to say something that I think is very important: All humans need to learn how to become better friends. We can't just expect friends to appear magically. Sometimes deep connections only happen with few people and that's fine.

Some. Yes. With the right people. A couple people even make me feel better when I interact with them. It's tiring though. Even the enjoyable and fun ones.

I've only ever, once, understood the concept of 'getting energy' from being around other people, or a specific person. And that interaction was a while ago, and I've forgotten who it was with, or when it was.

New Threads

Top Bottom