• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you talk to animals?

For pet owners: Do you talk to your pet?

• Total voters
I can update my list of "pets" to now include a wild rabbit which hops around my garden, and a racing pigeon which has taken shelter here too, until it gets its strength back. And, of course, I talk to them also!

I now talk to more animals than I do humans in my life. This is a really really good thing!!! :D

Animals are an obsession of mine. I have 3 dogs and a cat. Each I treat as a child. Our corgi is like a baby, and I tend to carry and talk to him as such. Our collie is sort of the wise elder sibling back from college for the summer. She babysits for me. My hound mix is my tomboy/jock girl. I take her on 5ks. I talk to them all in the context of those personalities.

I talk to my cat all the while, she's a good listener who never judges what I say.

Out and about I will stop and talk to horses, other peoples dogs if they come up to me etc. I probably talk to animals more than humans.

I talk to my cat all the while, she's a good listener who never judges what I say.

Out and about I will stop and talk to horses, other peoples dogs if they come up to me etc. I probably talk to animals more than humans.

I prefer talking to animals over a lot of folks. However, my cat is extremely judgmental about everything I say, even though she is deaf. Even after we got her fixed, she still manages to be a real ______ sometimes. Don't be fooled - she and I are totally cool though.

I think animals can see your aura , so they know if your a decent person.

I always let dogs smell my hand first , it makes them calmer when approaching them. I used to pretend to be dead in the garden when i was a kid and my rabbit would jump on me sniffing and pawing at my face showing concern.

Some what. I think I use gestures and eye contact. Sometimes I get lucky and they allow me to take pictures during my hiking trips. They will do poses and everything.

I talk to our dogs a lot. One of them has decided that I am her person and she talks to me. She gets really excited when I come home and she makes a funny little noise. She only does it when I first come home and I think she is saying "Hi, I'm happy to see you." My wife and I really love these little dogs and they are our family. What's not to like about unconditional love.

I live with a pair of cats I took in 2 years ago, they were adorable and fuzzy and both fit in the palm of 1 hand, now they are fully grown and still fuzzy and adorable, 1 likes to talk alot, the other is quiet like me, but I talk to them both since they know when you do it. Now if only I could speak cat or they english, we could properly conversate.

I talk to my dog all the time. We´re always together and I´m sure he understands most of the things I say. He´s my boy, and the best friend

Yes, i talk to squirrels to, Its like we can communicate, people just look at us, i can get near them, and they get near me.

Here is my squirrly friend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 208
Yes, I talk to my dogs in the courtyard quiet often. I even talk to my cat when I comfort her kindly This is the way they know that I offer them affection. Animals develop much better their cognitive abilities if they don't feel ignored. I also like to tease them from time to time in a friendly manner ( believe me or not but they understand even these actions ).

Last edited:
I don't talk to anyone who doesn't understand me (that includes both animals and some persons even though the latter are animals too but just to be clear)

Yeah I talk to dogs all the time.

I'm the type of person who wouldn't talk to anybody passing in the street that I don't know, but when a dog comes along with its owner, I've melted and would start smiling at it hoping it would come over to me and when it does I'd briefly do some small talk to the owner (which I find hard) but there's limited eye contact and is informal. I'd think, I'm only interested in your dog, not you. lol. I'd say aww what's its name? Does it bite?...

Last edited:
When I was raising my pet chickens, I talked to them all the time on everything from how to find bugs, the best sunspot to bathe in, and why they should be nice to each other.

... I've been known to talk to dogs and cats...and several people have called me an Animal Whisperer.

What about you? ... I have an obsession with nature and some of the critters. ...

Yes, I quite enjoy talking to animals, more so than to humans. I often get much more intelligent answers from animals too.

I do, mostly in english (and mostly just hello) but sometimes I'll imitate them although I mostly do it when there is no one around (people tend to give you funny looks or call you a f****ing weirdo). I'm good at imitating cat meows and I used to be good at whistling bird calls as well but I seem to have lost that ability lately.

A scientist found out that dogs can learn around 300 words. I started with her as a pup, I would touch her ear and say "ear" her paw and say "paw" I kept it simple- like for lasagna and spaghetti are both called sghetti to my dog. She is so smart she totally knows what pizza means! lol

New Threads

Top Bottom