• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you talk to animals?

For pet owners: Do you talk to your pet?

• Total voters
Yes, I talk to everything at times (oh wonderful desk, you keep my keyboard and mouse at just the right height, thank you so much for being in my service.)
I'd do all kinds of voices and languages to speak to the cats. I have fake meowing conversations. Sometimes when they start bugging me for food as soon as i come home from the store, I just meow back. It seems to confuse them a little at times, which makes me wonder what I'm actually saying. (and if i'm not getting too lonely :) )
I meow back when my cats are being annoying as well

I use a lot of sarcasm when I talk to my cats because their such goofy animals lol XD I usually go meow back to my cats and laugh my ass off when they give a quizzical meow back

I can talk to and I understand my kittypuss.
The language of the Cats is Nothing like any
human language, it is far simpler and much of
it is implied, strange, I can read Cats, but
not humans.

I was raised around cats and before I was talking
human language, I was mewing to our kittypuss Misty.

I understood her completely, but nobody else did,
then I when was 4 I started talking in English,
but I still understanded Misty and other cats.

Those who don't know me well, sometimes phreak out
when they hear me mew, because they said O MY GOD
U SOUND JUST LIKE A CAT!! (How does he DO that?)
you live around cats long enuf and you will learn, I think.

Cat dialects can be different even across the street,
and by the time you are across town, it is hard to decode,
unless you learn their dialect. But the basics are the same.

I love this thread :D

As well as my ducks who come and visit me all year round from the canal I live by (I feed them grain when times are tough for them in winter, and they return with their ducklings to show me how proud they are to have little baby ducks!) I also now have a wild rabbit hopping around the garden! Word of my generous nature seems to be spreading! :D

And, yes, I talk to animals all the time. :) The more I read this thread the happier I get to see other people do the same :)

I've always talked to animals, especially pets. It seemed a little odd to see this question here, since it's one of the few things about me that I wasn't judged for, I thought everyone talked to their pets. Occasionally I'll make cat sounds, but most of the time I just speak normally … they seem to understand, then make their own decision whether to go along with me or keep debating, I love that about cats. Funny that I'm so focused on the correct use of our language, but I find it so easy to understand animals. Their sounds, expressions, & body language seem clear & straightforward in a way I've never seen in people … I think it's because cats aren't trying to persuade, deceive, or manipulate, they're just stating how they feel.

I even do a little 'creative writing' … my cats have a twitter account where they post their thoughts & how they see the world, and it's a great outlet. Often it's easier to post as them than as myself, especially when I'm depressed or troubled.

I've been known to mutter at my computer, phone, & car … also poorly designed software that doesn't do what it should, has bugs, or crashes … basically anything that I've become accustomed to acting logically, then suddenly starts misbehaving. No one's ever commented on this … since people ignore me when I speak to them I'd be shocked if they paid attention when I spoke to someone/something else … I just carry on communicating & can usually work things out with the animal or device. Strange world we live in.

image.jpg

I've always talked to animals, especially pets. It seemed a little odd to see this question here, since it's one of the few things about me that I wasn't judged for, I thought everyone talked to their pets. Occasionally I'll make cat sounds, but most of the time I just speak normally … they seem to understand, then make their own decision whether to go along with me or keep debating, I love that about cats. Funny that I'm so focused on the correct use of our language, but I find it so easy to understand animals. Their sounds, expressions, & body language seem clear & straightforward in a way I've never seen in people … I think it's because cats aren't trying to persuade, deceive, or manipulate, they're just stating how they feel.

I even do a little 'creative writing' … my cats have a twitter account where they post their thoughts & how they see the world, and it's a great outlet. Often it's easier to post as them than as myself, especially when I'm depressed or troubled.

I've been known to mutter at my computer, phone, & car … also poorly designed software that doesn't do what it should, has bugs, or crashes … basically anything that I've become accustomed to acting logically, then suddenly starts misbehaving. No one's ever commented on this … since people ignore me when I speak to them I'd be shocked if they paid attention when I spoke to someone/something else … I just carry on communicating & can usually work things out with the animal or device. Strange world we live in.

View attachment 11206
Love the pic!!! It is so true for me as well

I'm sure as nerds a lot of us are familiar with the wonderful phenomenon that is xkcd, but I thought this might get a small chuckle out of us (even if it's not always true...I carry on extended conversations with them, myself, teehee) -

xkcd: Cat Proximity

I'm sure as nerds a lot of us are familiar with the wonderful phenomenon that is xkcd, but I thought this might get a small chuckle out of us (even if it's not always true...I carry on extended conversations with them, myself, teehee) -

xkcd: Cat Proximity

Hehe, cute!

Get your rotten tomatoes & eggs ready: It seems like that cartoon applies more to proximity to babies ... especially if the person is around the age to be a grandparent ...

*places cooking pot on head like a helmet & quickly ducks into next room*

I talk to my Brother and he's an ... wait for it ... party animal Bah Zing ! Okay that was a lame joke but my cats would've laughed at it ... in their own special little way ... or at least meowed at me quizzically like they have done :p

I do, but I try to hide this skill from the public. My 5 year old totally blew up my spot at the zoo recently by announcing to everyone in the vicinity to "come over here! My mama can get all the turkeys to talk to her!" Every year around Thanksgiving he wants to show off my turkey sound to anyone who will listen. My husband is actually proud of my turkey call, too. He says that if we worked on it I could make some money.

But. I also talk to animals in English.

I do, but I try to hide this skill from the public. My 5 year old totally blew up my spot at the zoo recently by announcing to everyone in the vicinity to "come over here! My mama can get all the turkeys to talk to her!" Every year around Thanksgiving he wants to show off my turkey sound to anyone who will listen. My husband is actually proud of my turkey call, too. He says that if we worked on it I could make some money.

But. I also talk to animals in English.

I talk and meow at my cat all the time! In fact, since I rescued her from the pound, she has become very vocal. I echo whatever she says, and she feels loved and paid attention to. :cool:

New Threads

Top Bottom