• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you talk to animals?

Aurore

Looking for the TARDIS!
I talk to my dog all the time! Even when I take him for a walk! I also talk to all the cats I see. :D

I have five pets three dogs and two cats and talk to them al day long and sometimes in my own funny made up language and sometimes do echolalia where I just copy their noises even when they yawn I copy it I don't know why and ey all look at me like I'm mad lol
Sorry about any mistakes I made I pad won't let me fix it

Beverly

Euthanasia Redux
V.I.P Member
I talk to my 3 wolfdogs, 3 cats, 4 fish, 1 conure (bird), 1 crayfish and, 41 rabbits every day. The listen though they may not understand me, they understand the tone of my voice so, know if I am feeling off or not at least.

I also use echolalia with my wolfdogs, it is actually a significant part of communicating with them. A yawn while averting your eyes form them means that you are relaxed and trust them. A whine means you want them to come and see if you need them, a sharp yip tells them they have played too roughly and hurt you, an extended yip like sound means you want to play with them. A growl tells them that something you are touching is your and, they are not to touch it. A low howl tells them to come see something. A high pitched, repeated howl tells them to come defend you or, chase something with you, such as an intruder or, stray animal that needs to be chased out of the yard.

Echolalia is how I learned to communicate with them in a way they understand. I would mimic them and see how they reacted, I learned what each sound meant to them.

Glad I not the only one who does it and how can you remember your rabbits names lol I couldn't remember that many names cod I got short term memory loss because I had a brain injury

Beverly

Euthanasia Redux
V.I.P Member
Glad I not the only one who does it and how can you remember your rabbits names lol I couldn't remember that many names cod I got short term memory loss because I had a brain injury

I don't name all of the rabbits, only my breeding males and females. I raise them for meat so, most of them do not need names. I maintain a spreadsheet that tells me when they were bread, when the females had babies and, how many babies they had. That way I know which combinations produce the best litters of babies.

My named rabbits are Cotton, Silver, Chinny, M&M, Icy, Red, Snowball, Artica and, Big Boy.

Limited_Moon

I use echolalia on my parrot, who, of course, uses echolalia on me. Its gotten to the stage where Billy (My parrot) is doing impersonations of my impersonations of him :babychick::sweatsmile:

ancusmitis

I definitely talk to my dog, and I criticize the behavior of small animals that I pass in my car. Give them pointers and stuff. I like to be helpful.

Last edited:

Bird

All the time. I work with animals every day, and I come home to twenty one different pets. I probably talk to animals more than people.

Jonathan Lees

no not really. never had many pets, ill probably have cats in the future though, don't know if ill talk to them but i doubt it.

Peeta

I always have long one sided conversations with my mothers cats. When I see a dog or cat on the street I talk to it. I tend to talk to most animals if I'm not pressed for time or around others.

Myway

They/Them Pronouns
V.I.P Member
I talk to my cat and dog and occasionally my fish. I love talking to them. They are my life.

Dee317

Where ever you go, there you are.
I believed I was part dog and was bullied until 4th grade for growling at people, and chasing people I wanted to play with me. I am very good at mimicking animal sounds. I often talk to my cats.

Astroganga

I don't have any pets but I used to be followed and purred at by cats all the time, and sometimes dogs as I think they related to me somehow. The dogs used to scare me as I had an extreme phobia of dogs as a child and until recently really. The cats I used to talk to them.

ancusmitis

I told my friend's cat that he looked like clawhauser. He didn't seem to agree. Started batting at my hand as I petted him.

New Threads

Top Bottom