• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you read?

Of course I read the Bible, but I've also read Tom Sawyer.

I really want Animal Farm.

I've read thousands of books...I adore them and have shelves and shelves of them. Mostly, I read fantsy/sci-fi and classics. There's an interesting meme going around about the top 100 books (according to the BBC) which states most people have read 6 or fewer of the titles--I've read over half of them. I'd also love to get my hands on that collection of Jules Verne! It looks great (I've read three of the five).

Well, I just officially changed my major in school to English...so I'm about to start reading A LOT! My focus is going to be literature.

I have been reading aspie books (how to get along with NT's...social cues to note, etc). I enjoy audio books when I'm out and about a lot. I've "read" many audio books. Also, I've read many short stories.

URL]

On a scale from 1 to 28 how jealous are you?

U reed? ;)

That's a pretty cool cover.

Every time I see the title to this thread, I think of the song (Louis Prima I think) which has these lyrics:

"When I ask him does he read he says, 'I tell you hon, I read a little bit but not enough to hurt me none.'"

The line actually refers to a jazz player who is asked about reading sheet music.

In any case, I read fairly often. I enjoy reading scientific papers:geek:. I also read science fiction and fantasy that I find at the public library; usually, I check one book out at a time. Sometimes I do not like them and don't finish them, but sometimes I like them. Sometimes I check out books I have already read as a book version of comfort food.

I love books. I'm currently reading "The Moral Landscape (how science can determine human values)" by Sam Harris. I have two old books from the 19th century I've been planning on reading as well, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Charles Darwin the Descent of Man 2nd edition 1873 or 1874, and Hugh Millers works Cruise of the Betsey, from around the 1850s I believe (He is an early geologist).

I don't often read but lately, I've been getting the hang of the iBooks app that I have on my iPod and I must say, it's definitely worth having, it's like reading stories but on the pod instead and normally when I read books, its normally tutorials and comics, nothing so major.

I just finished a book called Overwinter by David Welligton. Prior to that, I started Twilight.

Question: Does anybody else think it obsessive that I had to grab a pen and start editing Stephanie Meyer for grammar and style?

I am an obsessive reader. I learned to read before I entered kindergarten which caused a lot of trouble as back then (early 1960's) they weren't encouraging kids to learn to read before they entered school (now it's the opposite)! I read about anything and everything that catches my fancy. Homeland Security probably has a big file on me by now, all the books I have taken out of the library.

This fall the local community theater did a production of The Crucible and I was cast as Martha Corey. When I read the script, I laughed. It was her fondness for reading "strange books" that lead to her downfall!

Yeah I love reading, it's a good way to pass the time. I can get through a good book in a day if I'm persistent enough.

I recently read The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke (of 2001: A Space Odyssey fame). I read it cover-to-cover, almost 1000 pages spanning 62 years of publication (1937-1999). What a career! It was interesting seeing how the stories changed over the years, especially in terms of his age, current events, and technology.

ClarkeStoriesCover.jpg

Arthur C. Clarke?! I like! :D

Childhood's End and Rendezvous with Rama are excellent books. I read Childhood's End in my mid-teens and Rendezvous with Rama about four years ago. I prefer the former.

Uh, only all the time.
Sadly, I have not been able to actually finish a book for years either. It's not that I don't enjoy what I've selected, I just can't finish it.
I think the last one I actually started and finished was Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret over a year ago. People thought I was weird for reading it, of course, but I liked it.

I really have to be in a reading phase. A few months ago I read "a couple" of books. At the moment I'm having a hard time finding interest to sit down for one.

New Threads

Top Bottom