• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you read?

I read books like A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking, Billions and Billions by Carl Sagan, Relativity by Albert Einstein, Physics of the Impossible by Michio Kaku, and I am now reading The Hidden Reality by Brian Greene. I am thinking to by many other books, including Cosmos by Carl Sagan, and The Space Chronicles by Neil deGrasse Tyson.

I read books like A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking, Billions and Billions by Carl Sagan, Relativity by Albert Einstein, Physics of the Impossible by Michio Kaku, and I am now reading The Hidden Reality by Brian Greene. I am thinking to by many other books, including Cosmos by Carl Sagan, and The Space Chronicles by Neil deGrasse Tyson.

I enjoyed A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking and have read some Brian Green. Physics was not my major but I did take General Physics and Thermodynamics as well as a pretty fair amount of math. My field was molecular genetics but I like to at least have a layman's understanding of physics. I get relativity and some quantum mechanics but after that I am lost.

I am reading American Canopy, which is about America's history with the forest, and a P.G. Wodehouse omnibus. I don't ordinarily like fiction much but the Jeeves stories are hilarious and I laugh out loud.

I am reading American Canopy I don't ordinarily like fiction much.

I always wondered why I mostly read nonfiction but now know it is an aspie thing. My wife, soon to be ex and the sooner the better, was an English teacher and used to teach the Great Gatsby to her students. So I read the Great Gatsby and she quizzed me on the character's attributes. I got them all wrong. Well, no wonder...

I always wondered why I didn't like fiction, too. I prefer information, but it helps if it is written creatively and in a lively manner. Entirely do-able, I think (although not easily), and one wonders why it isn't done more often.

I love fiction. For me it's just a social study- watching characters interact and seeing the outcome is like watching lab rats to me, but with zero real life consequences :)

I love to read. I read a lot of things from textbooks to fiction though I prefer fiction i prefer the fantasy tails to relife anyday. I mean I live real life so I prefer fantasy. I love books by stephen king, Dean Koontz, JK Rowling, Laural K. Hamilton, among others. I read anything that suits my need for fantasy. I read a lot of DragonLance as kid and still reread them on occasion.

I find fiction hard due to the amount of characters a book can have and my complete lack of imagination. Reading Teacher Man by Frank Mccourt at present having already read Angela's ashes and Tis it seems wrong not to read his last book. i will read Sean O' Casey's autobiographies next it come in five parts. i tried to read James Joyce Ulysses but its really difficult to understand i thought it would be OK as i had seen the film version of it [never understood the film either to be honest] i found out recently that they sell how to read Ulysses books wonder if he penned that too.

I enjoy reading very much, and I never had a problem with fiction novels. Now, fantasy stuff...I can't really stomach that. But fiction and nonfiction I like just about equally.

I love reading, the past year or so I haven't read as much as I like to (I used to get through a book every few days) because I've been so focused on writing and didn't want other books invading my imagination when I was trying to think/write.

I love fiction and non fiction equally, recently I've been really enjoying books written by paramedics, doctors etc and getting a glimpse into their lives.

I love reading, even as a kid. In times were I don't have playmates (which is most of the time), to keep me busy, my parents happened to buy me a set of encyclopedias for me to read, and I gobbled them all up. Now, as an adult, I don't read much physical books, but I shifted to a more convenient version: e-books and Internet pages.

I read, whenever I'm not thinking, and whenever I'm free to do something.

I enjoy reading non-fiction books. They're mostly factual, informative and enlightening.

Reading is boring. It takes a strong mind to force the eyes through pages of asinine blather.

I read a lot and this is part of my daily routines. Maybe this look strange for an aspie but I like fiction-books as well as encyclopedias and handbooks. Well, this is hard (or even impossible) to understand all psychological things especially in classical literature but I focus primarily on the book atmosphere, small details and same things which are not related to the main story. In the early childhood I read several hours per day - mainly huge encyclopedia and handbook of semiconductors, later I began to read Russian and European classic literature.

I sometimes feel that I read too much! I used to read about 4 books a week, but now it's more often down to just 1.

I used to read loads and loads of poetry, but haven't done so in years. I would like to be able to read fiction, but it just doesn't work for me.

I love books, I used to read alot of classics, but read slowly. But the last few years I have had such a hard time focusing, even so, I am a real snob about books. And I can't stop buying them. My boyfriend said I can walk into any store and find a book to buy no matter what kind of store it is.

Right now I'm reading 1984 by George Orwell, and am getting thoroughly creeped out by it. Don't get me wrong, it's a good read. But some of the concepts in there...scary.

I am currently reading : The River Man - Keppel, A Father's Story - Lionel Dahmer, Green River, Running Red - Anne Rule, Textbook of Suicidology, Thesaurus.

New Threads

Top Bottom