• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you read?

Awesome -- a "reading" thread! :)

I love a good novel, especially long ones that are worth the length. I enjoyed the year I spent reading David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest, with its nearly 1100 pages, 100 of which are endnotes. I bought a copy of The Pale King, his last, unfinished book, but I won't get around to that for a few years.

I can easily get distracted part-way through a book, lose my momentum, and have to come back later. I've done that twice with James Joyce's Ulysses, and next time, I'm determined to push through Night-Town to the end. I even plan on reading Finnegans Wake (I'm a McLuhan fan).

I am currently halfway through John Updike's Rabbit at Rest, the fourth novel in the series. Next up, I'm tackling William Gaddis's The Recognitions; I've read the first section, covering the protagonist's childhood, and I look forward to the rest.

"Point Man" about Chief James Watson, a founding member of the U.S. Navy SEALs

"Birds, a Guide to the most Familiar American Birds" by Zim

Last edited:
I have always been a bookworm, when most toddlers were playing with toy cars I would be reading books on space and dinosaurs intended for teenagers. I read a lot of detective fiction and some science fiction (I read H.G Wells books War of the Worlds and the Time Machine at age 10), I read a lot of non-fiction. I mostly listen to audio books now as my eyesight is slowly getting worse.

Any book worms here? :D

I currently believe that my strong and principle interest in this life is reading
in the strong measure. I find I really enjoy the company of those who are
"nerdy", where for me interpersonally, this quality is of huge significance.
I do not keep company in any significant measure, so books do play a large
part in my life, as I currently see it.

I love memoirs, particularly of those who were members of fringe sects, and those about life in the first half of the 20th century.

I love memoirs, particularly of those who were members of fringe sects, and those about life in the first half of the 20th century.
Oh absolutely. Especially as they talk about the times of modern electricity and indoor plumbing being new. All those luxuries that were invented and brand new.

New Threads

Top Bottom