• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do Aspies Have A Sense of Humor?

ok, too adhd to read through entire post but aspies can be very funny.

examples:
dan ackroyd
robin williams
keanu reaves in bill and teds excellent adventure, not recent stuff
jim jeffries.

as for me, i think i am funny but my sense of humor is all my own and i like it. i dont get everyones jokes but that is ok.

I know I have a sense of humor, albeit a bit corny. I understated puns and corny jokes the easiest. Sarcasm is a bit hard for me to understand when other people use it, but I've gotten better over the years at using it myself

ok, too adhd to read through entire post but aspies can be very funny.

examples:
dan ackroyd
robin williams
keanu reaves in bill and teds excellent adventure, not recent stuff
jim jeffries.

as for me, i think i am funny but my sense of humor is all my own and i like it. i dont get everyones jokes but that is ok.

Hang on, Robin Williams had Asperger's? And Keanu Reeves? And Dan "Ray Stantz" Aykroyd?

Contrary to popular belief, yes, I do have a sense of humour :)
I have a silly, childish slapstick Mr Bean, Monty Python, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy sense of humour. I don't always understand other people's jokes though, and they don't always get mine.

Contrary to popular belief, yes, I do have a sense of humour :)
I have a silly, childish slapstick Mr Bean, Monty Python, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy sense of humour. I don't always understand other people's jokes though, and they don't always get mine.
Wait, I had something for this...
No... It's gone...
MIMITW:
"I don't always tell jokes, but when I do..."

"Most interesting man in the world"
(Dos Equis© beer commercial)
Oh, I don't watch commercials, and that's not a brand that is available in the country where I live anyway. No way I could have known that.

Sorry, that one is lost on me. What is MIMITW?
I have found humor to be one of the slickest, quickest, most disarming "down and dirty"(You're weapons are useless against me), social lubricants, it is an important "weapon" in the "arsenal" that is my mask...

New Threads

Top Bottom