• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Discomfort With Body Hair (Bullet List Followed By Rant)

"But, no. I want to shave my body hair and my parents won't let me for some reason." ...And what can they possibly do to you if you shave it (or my style instead, trim it tight using the #1 attachment)? Would they glue it back on? Long straggly body hair doesn't look good on anyone.
Not unless you're this guy:
1399.jpg

Yeah, true. They can't punish me at all if I shave my body hair, or if I buy a skirt, or anything, really. What are they going to do? No punishment would make sense.

Also, you gain power by behaving as a classy gentleman at all times. Do such gentlemen commonly wear tank tops in public when not participating in sports or beach leisure? You like tank tops, but you like power and the ability to control your situations even more.
I disagree. I'm more of an "agent of chaos" than "classy gentleman." Also, what people think of as "gentleman-like" is quite subjective, and some people don't even care about what is "gentleman-like," such as myself. Besides, the term "gentleman" is outdated.

Most people do wear non-casual outfits most of the time. If you did wear dressy or nice-ish clothes all the time, most people would think of you as pretentious, snobby, elitist, overly traditional, and maybe a tad self-absorbed. Most guys that dress in nice clothes all the time usually have a "I'm better than you because I am classy" attitude which nobody likes at all.

Nowadays, people just dress in clothes they find most comfortable, rather than what is most classy.

Could you shave half of your body and turn the other half towards your dad as you walk past him?

Also wearing half a tank top and half a smart outfit?

Just a thought. More amusing than disrespectful I d like to think...

I live in a suburban area of a decent-sized city with a highly diverse population. Nobody would give a crap. Both of my parents grew up in a town, but that town is now technically a city. I don't even go out much.

I don't think most people anywhere would give a crap. If they find the fact that I don't shave my body hair as gross and unmanly, then that's their problem, not mine. If I'm wearing a skirt and tank top (or even a dress) and remove all body hair, and I went out into public, most ordinary people would not care. If somebody did care, then that's their issue.

If some random stranger does insult me for shaving my body hair, I am perfectly capable of either replying with a clever comeback or just simply ignore them. Again, their problem, not mine.

I'm actually genderfluid, so whether or not I'm feeling masculine or not depends on the day, tbh.
Unless you are a nudist, how would anyone know? If you were at a nudist event, you'd fit right in.

Just always wear a sleeved t-shirt around the parents. When I was still living at home I shaved off everything south of my eyebrows a couple of times at the beginning of summber break. (I wanted to leave plenty of time to grow back before school started. We had to take nude showers after PE. I already had serious problems in the locker room and wasn't going to add to them.) Nobody noticed.

Especially pubic hair. There's no chance they'll see that. Just dispose of the clippings discretely.

When I hit puberty I was horrified to grow hair, I was also horrified to learn from my mum that my armpits had started smelling. I think it was down to low self esteem.
I'm female.
I felt dirty even though I washed.
I developed a weird fixation on greasy hair as mine needed washing daily, I would not admit that I was a greasy person so oddly, I put hand lotion in my hair so I could not tell the grease from the lotion.
When I was young, somehow I never absorbed the need to brush teeth or wash my hair or bathe daily. In PE we were supposed to have a shower after class but I always tried to dodge that for various reasons. I just ran into the shower and got out as quick as I could, barely getting wet. It was 10th grade before I found out. I had greasy lank hair all the time.

I live in a suburban area of a decent-sized city with a highly diverse population. Nobody would give a crap. Both of my parents grew up in a town, but that town is now technically a city. I don't even go out much.

I don't think most people anywhere would give a crap. If they find the fact that I don't shave my body hair as gross and unmanly, then that's their problem, not mine. If I'm wearing a skirt and tank top (or even a dress) and remove all body hair, and I went out into public, most ordinary people would not care. If somebody did care, then that's their issue.

If some random stranger does insult me for shaving my body hair, I am perfectly capable of either replying with a clever comeback or just simply ignore them. Again, their problem, not mine.

I'm actually genderfluid, so whether or not I'm feeling masculine or not depends on the day, tbh.

That helps a lot Josh! Thank you for explaining and re-iterating things I didn't notice before.

It get the feel your parents care about you and are supporting you. So, because of this if not anything else, what they want matters even if you know that other people don't care or that you can handle all other people. So, basically, either you bare their wishes until you get yourself to a place where you can move out on your own, or you're willing to deal with their anger and consequences if you don't follow their rules. I don't get the sense your family would kick you out, but some parents would go to that extreme. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Shave your armpits and wear a tank top. Who cares. Just start with a very modest one. Make sure your hair looks nice. And try dressy pants. Maybe they won't say anything. Your nickname - rebel Aaron, hear me roar, see me shave. l am free.

That's a proper good looking Wookie! I'm open to young thinking. Old-fashioned is weakness. Perhaps you're also open to questioning your own alignment, because you just might be Chaotic-Neutral like me. There's only one way to find out:

https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b
Screenshot (73).png

No, I'm Chaotic Good. Makes sense. I'm both an agent of chaos and good-hearted.

Modern thinking and the opinions of younger people are better than traditionalism. Plus older people are too absorbed in their archaic traditions that it would be near-impossible to convince them to break away from their overly traditionalistic way of thinking.

Wonder what the woman chart looks like?

Great concept. Here's a rough draft beginning:
Princess Leia- Neutral Good.
Arya Stark- Chaotic Neutral.
Cersei Lannister- Lawful Evil.

Edit: I can do much better. https://screenrant.com/dungeons-dragons-character-alignments-disney-princesses/

According to this:
Cinderella: Lawful Neutral.
Ariel (Little Mermaid): Chaotic Neutral.
Belle (Beauty & The Beast): Chaotic Good.
Pocahontas: Lawful Good.
Rapunzel: True Neutral.

Last edited:
As I got into puberty, I started growing body hair and facial hair. Being trans, I really hated it, even though I didn't understand why. I even wore long-sleeved jackets in the summer to cover my arms. When I finally did start shaving my body hair, my mom sounded really critical and asked if I was trying to look like a girl. But she's really supportive now, even though she doesn't quite understand how important shaving is for me.

Really though, you should be able to shave what you want, and it sucks that your parents aren't supporting you in something that's really not a big deal.

body hair is not for me, but i am very mammalian and its hard for me to get rid of all the hair without consequence. on men, i have never minded when they shaved their armpits becuase i just hate armpit hair in general

Inability to use a razor without bloodshed has led me to find out that scissors are in fact quite effective.

New Threads

Top Bottom