• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What effect is the pandemic having on your mental health?

• It is making it easier

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • It is making it harder

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
At least the retailers here are only selling one paper product per customer now. Though people are still coming to the stores as early as possible in great numbers, and tend to empty the shelves in a matter of hours. Hopefully things will improve with time, and the panic buying subsides.

The good news here though is that buying much of anything else doesn't seem to be a problem. And for the most part store patrons all seem to be keeping their social distance.

When I have my guacamole and chips, anything is possible! :cool:

At least the retailers here are only selling one paper product per customer now. Though people are still coming to the stores as early as possible in great numbers, and tend to empty the shelves in a matter of hours. Hopefully things will improve with time, and the panic buying subsides.

The good news here though is that buying much of anything else doesn't seem to be a problem. And for the most part store patrons all seem to be keeping their social distance.

When I have my guacamole and chips, anything is possible! :cool:

Same here, I had no problems getting toilet paper, or anything else on my list when I went shopping last week. The store had also limited it to one TP package per family. I live in a small town, so there was no big lineups and still lots on the shelf even in the afternoon. :)

Same here, I had no problems getting toilet paper, or anything else on my list when I went shopping last week. The store had also limited it to one TP package per family. I live in a small town, so there was no big lineups and still lots on the shelf even in the afternoon. :)

I've just found that I have much better luck going to smaller stores than the mega-retailers that command all that "one-stop" shopping. Going to Walmart seems a waste here if one needs paper products.

Being away from work for 3 weeks now is making me feel lonely. The closest i have to have friend is colleague, and we aren't close enough yet to interact outside of work. It doesn't help that i was isolated for half a week while being tested, cutting of any contact i had with the apartment staff during that period.
I have started planning my grocery buying for the whole week at once (though i'm usually empty for and have to buy a few things mid week). Which helps me personally, avoids any potential infection, and saves my hands from being destroyed by ridiculous amounts of hand washing and hand sanitiser.
Things are beginning to look better. So i'm hopeful that i can soon return to work. Though public transport is going to be a pain to deal with for a good while afterwards.

I've been reading recently that the kraft has ramped up it's process, that flour and sugar plants are working day and night now as well as paper product manufacturers to name a few. So they can supply the province with the products it needs.
Several smaller companies have been making portable ventilators, an underwear maker Stanfield's has begun making medical gowns, Irving is making hand sanitizer, a hockey equipment maker is making face shields for medical workers...I'm glad they stepped up.

Last edited:
Find it gratifying how quickly businesses have in the last two weeks, sprung into action. Overnight it seems the small grocery stores, pharmacies, have put up protection for their employees. Face shields, splatter screens, all of them wear gloves and masks, they keep a distance between themselves and customers.

The older cashier that I usually go to has now found her voice. Telling customers to step back, to wait, to use the sanitizer, to not get too close. They have blocked off access to most of the entrances, so that clientele can only go in through one entrance, where an employee with sanitizer ensures everyone uses it, coming in and going out.

Last edited:
Same here @Mia in some stores.

Perspex shields for cashiers at checkouts appeared overnight.

Using cards to pay to avoid handling cash

Store floors marked, even gridded to assist customers with social distancing whilst shopping and queuing.

I was thanked by a cashier in one superstore for following the stores guidelines and lowering the risk to herself...
...I was actually protecting myself too :)

Many of the stores where I am have plenty of products on the shelves.
... Can't move for loo roll ! there's tons of the stuff :)

No Toilet Paper lol
Apocalypse (COVID-19)
apocalypse.jpg

First of all, the media is doing a pretty good job of scaring the crap out of everyone. When I voiced my concern about hubby wearing his shoes into the house after grocery shopping ( removing shoes has always been a house rule) he accused me of listening to the media too much. I felt insulted that he would think that I am that gullible. But isn't it common sense not to wear germ laden shoes into the house anyway? And isn't it common sense to wash fruits and vegetables that have been handled by other customers at the store? I don't need media scare tactics to make me cautious, or to err on the side of caution. I have always been a super clean person and I don't need to be told how.

Now I feel invalidated and stupid for worrying. Then he accused me of making it always about me. I have autoimmune issues and don't need to have things brought into the house that will ramp up the autoimmune response. Just when I need reassurance and support, I get this. :cryingcat:

I'd always believed fruit and veg required a wash before use.
Fertiliser, pesticides, soil and bugs.
That's before handling and sneezed upon by pickers, packers,warehousing.
Rodent, vermin, bug and bird pee during storage and transportation?

So yeh, wash stuff :)
Or grow it yourself?

Well l did receive one email that said it look like the number of cases were dropping in Cali and that this company would open their doors at end of April to resume business.

Hi everyone, i haven't been here in awhile and just wanted to check in on what you all are doing to make sure you stay sane during the troubling Covid-19/Coronavirus outbreak.

As you all know Isolation can cause anxiety, depression and more, so it is very important that you take care of yourself during these times.

I have a compromised immune system due to past and present diseases, so it makes me think twice about going out (even in a getup , mask and gloves), but i need to keep myself busy. The other thing is I have major Executive functioning problems and the organized schedule I had through going to work is in disarray.

Ive been watching movies, getting a little organized and making every single meal from scratch. I wish i could read books, but as i have gotten older, anxiety/executive functioning has made me worry about the other things i need to do.

How about you?

Nothing new here - my routine remains the same. I spend all my free time at home and indoors or out in the garden. Going out to exercise is fine and spending time in the great outdoors in the middle of nowhere remains unchanged. I guess the only real change has been giving people a slightly wider berth when walking past them in the street.

Asides from working from home 2 days a week, nothing has changed here at all. It's been harder to not read the news because the media attention towards the pandemic went viral harder and faster than the virus itself. I mean, avoiding the news in of itself is a task - when quitting the news I realised in the early days I was exhibiting symptoms similar to quitting an addiction. Then, similar to say alcohol - I realised the news is big business, thus it's absolutely everywhere, and to avoid it you have to take quite a lot of steps. Still - I remind myself the news focuses primarily on negative or anxiety baiting stories - so they're having a field day right now. A few people at work discuss current events, new numbers or cases or deaths. When they ask for my input I remind them I don't read the news, because I can't fix a world full of other people's problems, and I don't feel great reading that sort of negativity on a daily basis. A few messages from the GP about appointments and a couple of work emails is all I really needed to hear about the virus.

The rest is common sense. I did buy another Seth book recently as I felt now was a good time to read it. "The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events." Funnily enough the first chapter is about human health and epidemics and why they come about. The Seth books are something that have to be approached with an open mind, as every pre-conception you have about life and reality is thrown out the window. The basic premise being we create our own reality. So to, do we choose when we live (the book embraces the notion of reincarnation) and we also choose when we die.

Here's some excerpts to wet your whistle

Seth1.JPG
Seth 2.JPG
Seth 3.JPG

So, I suppose if you were to look at current events - poverty, over-population, excessive consumption, the huge divide between rich and poor, the ego-centric social media craze, the gluttony, the dubious actions of politicians, the corruption, global warming, animal extinctions - all the while all of this negativity is portrayed to us daily with 24 hour news updates? If humans really do create their own reality, and negative emotions can indeed create negative consequences such as epidemics. Well - it's food for thought.

Even if the notion of it seems ludicrous (as it probably will to many), it's interesting at least.

Ed

Hi everyone, i haven't been here in awhile and just wanted to check in on what you all are doing to make sure you stay sane during the troubling Covid-19/Coronavirus outbreak.

As you all know Isolation can cause anxiety, depression and more, so it is very important that you take care of yourself during these times.

I have a compromised immune system due to past and present diseases, so it makes me think twice about going out (even in a getup , mask and gloves), but i need to keep myself busy. The other thing is I have major Executive functioning problems and the organized schedule I had through going to work is in disarray.

Ive been watching movies, getting a little organized and making every single meal from scratch. I wish i could read books, but as i have gotten older, anxiety/executive functioning has made me worry about the other things i need to do.

How about you?

I have been doing the same sorts of things, watching movies and binge watching Netflix series and reading comments on this forum. I am also working from home full-time and fighting restlessness.It is difficult avoiding distractions at home and staying focused on my work. I have also done some home projects like redoing my driveway which was damaged from ice and erosion.

The biggest issue I have is binge watching Netflix, losing track of time, and not having the self control to stop.

Only difference in my life is in about three days I will be going straight from the toilet to the tub. Ignorant inconsiderate people showing their true colors by hording essential supplies with no regard for anyone but themselves.

I still work, so that stayed as it was. Other than that, I'm trying to get more organised, watching a lot of self-improvement videos, using adapted 13 Virtue System and learning a lot. I have an awful executive function when it comes to starting anything, so my priority right now is to make it better, curb down procrastination and learn a few more skills relevant to my profession.

New Threads

Top Bottom