• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What effect is the pandemic having on your mental health?

• It is making it easier

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • It is making it harder

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
I've been thinking that maybe it would be for the greater good if these new restrictions on movement and buying due to coronavirus were made permanent. No more bars, restaurants, nightclubs, festivals, gatherings period. No more sporting events.

No more selling hot food, no more food deliveries. To go out of your home you need permission from the government, and that is only granted for necessities like getting food or medication. Most workplaces and all schools are shut down permanently, with everything being done online. Eventually education is outlawed except for what your family teaches you.

Rationing is VERY strict, each person only gets a set amount of food, clothing and hygiene purchases are limited to those who can present an item that has been completely used up. (I got this idea from WW2 USA rationing, where you had to turn in an empty tube of toothpaste to get a new one.) As for durable goods, you only get a new one when the old one is no longer repairable.

I've been researching rationing during WW2 in USA and UK, and the UK's system was far more rational. The US system had a problem with the amount of ration coupons needed to buy a certain item going up and down unpredictably, with the result that the housewife never knew from day to day if she could afford food. She had to keep TWO sets of ledgers, money and coupons, and the seeming randomness of the Office of Price Administration's announced prices/coupons made doing so quite difficult. In England foodstuffs were rationed by amount, with your ration cards being stamped to show that they had been used.

I think that strict rationing would finally destroy America's consumerism/materialism problem by equating wants with needs.

What I want to be permanent is the temporary improvement in the atmosphere caused by the temporary closure of many factories and industries.

Last edited:
But the only war is the fake news pushing fear. There is only 100 cases in my state. I don't see 5000 deaths. This is influenza, it will get better. Places are closing but more like for two weeks to get thru flu season.

Virus is ruining things.
Church service was cancelled. I went to a home church with Justin and his wife I was the only one there. Seconds course is postponed.

Even my therapy session was cancelled today. Really this virus is making it that you can never go out anymore. I just was starting to socialize more and now because of this I have social distance. At least I can contact people using WhatsApp.

True but everything in NYC is shut down due to this crisis. The only thing that remains open are supermarkets and they are packed. It's like the end of the world is coming.

Last edited:
My wife put our remote controls in plastic baggies. Plus I have to wash my hands right after I come thru the door from work. She wanted me to go directly in the laundry room and place my clothes into the washer then go directly to shower, do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars.

Staying out of public places, stocking up on food. Using hand sanitizer? Avoiding other people?
Washing your hands all the time?

I've not done very much that way. Yet I have bought extra food, have sanitizer, in case.

This is a rare time that I'm actually grateful for my compulsive hand washing & anti-social tendencies.

So we are all dealing with Covid-19 and it's impact on everything... I was thinking I might help out with some volunteering, joined one of those massive Facebook "help" groups that always spring up under such circumstances... And with the popularity of social media quickly get a massive membership, this is where I get overwhelmed quickly, especially as things happen so rapidly...

Taking a step back, this past Sunday when we still had a Sunday church service (cancelled now for livestreaming), I talked to our pastor and indicated that I would be willing to help out any volunteering, in particular some deliveries for people who need it as I have a car... And you know what I think, I prefer small scale like that rather than the big pack of people... And also on a practical level, my pastor said he would help cover gas money, and being on fixed income due to unemployment I can't really afford to use my own gas too much anyway...

I also remember when Calgary had our big flood in 2013, there were massive groups of volunteers who gathered, so many people showed up that apparently not everyone got to volunteer, they had too many people

It's good to see this kind of thing, but at least for me, smaller is better even when helping out with things like this, maybe I'll have to remind our pastor about that conversation, because I think helping out will help me feel better about this Covid-19 thing

Guys, I am overwhelmed too now. My wife found out she may be losing her job tomorrow. The U.S. economy is talking, and I am afraid of a global economic collapse. So if the virus is contained, we could then find ourselves penniless, homeless, and starving whennitnis over.

Yes, l had to talk to my ex who gives pays my support. It was hard to talk to him. But it's worse not knowing - is he still working , is he healthy? But l went thru a lot of abuse when married.
I know l was depressed today, l shopped. I shouldn't have, but it was a tiny bit of sunshine in my life. But l did pick up workshirt for Tiki bar if l get shift again. I gave my hours up because our club is operating with zero events. So the regular workers needed shifts. Someone actually came up and asked me for my shifts.

Yes, l had to talk to my ex who gives pays my support. It was hard to talk to him. But it's worse not knowing - is he still working , is he healthy? But l went thru a lot of abuse when married.
I know l was depressed today, l shopped. I shouldn't have, but it was a tiny bit of sunshine in my life. But l did pick up workshirt for Tiki bar if l get shift again. I gave my hours up because our club is operating with zero events. So the regular workers needed shifts. Someone actually came up and asked me for my shifts.

I don't know what to say or do at this point.

Hey guys, sorry you feel overwhelmed, honestly I don't think things are as bad as you are fearing. Either way, we are not going to become homeless overnight, and anyone and everyone can make a plan. @Rasputin I am sure you can make a plan for your situation, keep calm and your logic will surface.

If people have time available, Volunteering in ways that suit us can be a great option, I hope you find something you enjoy @Sherlock77 .

Other ideas could be, calling friends or acquaintances who may be isolated. (Not my favourite choice, but it can help them I guess...) Thinking up new recipes. Developing a new interest.

Instagram104.jpg

I have also made like my own graphic design for this episode from my YouTube channel "Aspie With Attitude".

I hope that I haven't made this episode overwhelming for those who may not like the visuals or the music. In this episode, I had mainly discussed how to avoid getting Corona Virus and I also brought up stimming.

What I have mentioned about stimming are dangerous ones, like touching your face and how you could become infected with the virus. I've also mentioned a bit about quarantine, within a few days I'll be uploading my 105th episode which will be about "Autism and Quarantine". I'll be uploading two more episodes about the coronavirus.

I hope you stay safe and healthy and enjoy my latest video content from "Aspie With Attitude".

I have dozens of household projects I could be doing, and all I can manage is to sit online trying to buy toilet paper. I can't do anything effective! Oh and my cat is severely ill. I'm not coping that well.

I dealt with out right harrassment at my new job because it is high paying and the regulars want their hours but its mostly the cooks that give me a hard time because they don't have girlfriends

New Threads

Top Bottom