• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What effect is the pandemic having on your mental health?

• It is making it easier

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • It is making it harder

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
I dealt with out right harrassment at my new job because it is high paying and the regulars want their hours but its mostly the cooks that give me a hard time because they don't have girlfriends
What is your new job? Are you higher paid than the regulars?

Isn't it nice to be harassed for some reason other than being autistic? (irony)

Hey guys, sorry you feel overwhelmed, honestly I don't think things are as bad as you are fearing. Either way, we are not going to become homeless overnight, and anyone and everyone can make a plan. @Rasputin I am sure you can make a plan for your situation, keep calm and your logic will surface.

If people have time available, Volunteering in ways that suit us can be a great option, I hope you find something you enjoy @Sherlock77 .

Other ideas could be, calling friends or acquaintances who may be isolated. (Not my favourite choice, but it can help them I guess...) Thinking up new recipes. Developing a new interest.

I have somewhat of a survival plan in place. That doesn't call for losing our life savings. Most companies in the US did away with their pensions in the mid 90's. We do have social security, but one would be living at the poverty level if they relied on social security. So it is left to individuals to save through 401K plans and IRAs, which we have done consistently for the past 20 years. So, if we lose everything as a result of declines in the investment markets, our only choice is to keep working and investing and hope by some miracle that the markets rebound several years down the road. At this point I anticipate retiring when I drop dead. How's that for a logical plan?

I have somewhat of a survival plan in place. That doesn't call for losing our life savings. Most companies in the US did away with their pensions in the mid 90's. We do have social security, but one would be living at the poverty level if they relied on social security. So it is left to individuals to save through 401K plans and IRAs, which we have done consistently for the past 20 years. So, if we lose everything as a result of declines in the investment markets, our only choice is to keep working and investing and hope by some miracle that the markets rebound several years down the road. At this point I anticipate retiring when I drop dead. How's that for a logical plan?

Just How Badly Can the Coronavirus Mess Up the Stock Market? - Traders Magazine
Interesting article for some perspective on how previous epidemics, and even the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic affect stock markets.. Short answer is, they all rebounded quite quickly afterwards (within months)..

I don't particularly see any reason the stock markets now won't also recover fairly quickly afterwards.. Perhaps not as quickly, as the article mentions we are doing more to contain this than we have with prior epidemics, but still I think it won't be all that long..

Just think when those people who used their rent money to buy up all that toilet paper and get kicked out they can build a home out of it.

(Metaphorically speaking, please take the following information with a pinch of salt unless stated otherwise)

According to this video, there are scientists from Australia, Italy and other countries who think they may have found a potential cure for the Coronavirus using medicines that are already available.

The video is down below, although I'd recommend you speed it up to either 1.25 or 1.50 as the guy talking has a pretty droning voice.
As already stated and while I hope this brings us closer to ending the current crisis, don't take this information as gospel unless/until we get confirmation otherwise.

What is your new job? Are you higher paid than the regulars?

Isn't it nice to be harassed for some reason other than being autistic? (irony)

I jumped into restaraunt server at very old age for nice club and a backup for busy bar as bartender, l also do banquets and cocktail waitress for this club. Our boss likes us to be multi- dimensional. Today she called and said they are shutting down club but that they will rehire us as soon as they reopen. I like working there, the people are really nice.

all I can manage is to sit online trying to buy toilet paper.

Maybe instead of actual toilet paper, you could get those kitchen paper towls like Brawny or something.

That stuff is great in emergencies...it's like getting double the clean with each wipe.

My parents are the type that buy a ridiculous amount of consumables from Sam's club in bulk, from soup to booty paper & all things in-between.
So we should be good, so long as this whole Covid-19 thing ends in the next 3 years.

Last edited:
Maybe instead of actual toilet paper, you could get those kitchen paper towels like Brawny or something.

At our local Walmart the entire paper products aisles were literally stripped clean. No paper towels, no toilet paper, no boxed tissues. I figure I have enough paper towels for another 15 days...but that's about it. Just hope retailers can restock on all those things that sold out so fast just a few days ago.

I have a moderate amount of printing paper, but I suspect that would rub me the wrong way. :eek:

Maybe instead of actual toilet paper, you could get those kitchen paper towls like Brawny or something.
NO!! You can't flush paper towels. So if I am reduced to using them, they will go to the landfill in my trash. That's not a proper way to dispose of human waste products, but if anyone puts paper towel down their toilet, they are asking for an expensive visit from a plumber.

NO!! You can't flush paper towels. So if I am reduced to using them, they will go to the landfill in my trash. That's not a proper way to dispose of human waste products, but if anyone puts paper towel down their toilet, they are asking for an expensive visit from a plumber.

True, and even if it doesn't clog your toilet, it can clog the city sewage pumps..

I'll repeat this here from one of the other threads:
I'd suggest using cotton rags (from old tshirts) and washing them out after..

Interestingly enough, the apartment complex I live in basically handed out a flyer telling everyone not to bother them. That they will deal directly with tenants only on an appointment basis only. Not sure how they will handle paying rent.

Meanwhile I had to unstop a bathroom sink with drain cleaner. That expensive plumber may have to wait, despite my nearly non-existent plumbing skills.

Last edited:

No need to get upset. ( ^◡^)っ

Okay then...set fire to them & cook a few hot dogs *kidding* or just use some rags or something & clean them well between each use like already mentioned

Last edited:
I have dozens of household projects I could be doing, and all I can manage is to sit online trying to buy toilet paper. I can't do anything effective! Oh and my cat is severely ill. I'm not coping that well.

I hope that your cat is on the mend soon @GadAbout

It takes a lot to process the news and the ever changing directives about the virus without having a sick pet on top :( Get well Kitty!!!

It takes a lot to process the news and the ever changing government directives about the virus without having a sick pet on top :( Get well Kitty!!!

We picked up our old German Shepherd from the vet's office yesterday. He had surgery to repair a torn ligament in his hind leg. He can't put weight on his leg and has a long incision that husband is monitoring for infection. Poor old buddy needs help to go outside to do his business, then back to his memory foam bed. In a way, it helps with the boredom to have to take care of him.

upload_2020-3-21_13-0-37.png

(Metaphorically speaking, please take the following information with a pinch of salt unless stated otherwise)

According to this video, there are scientists from Australia, Italy and other countries who think they may have found a potential cure for the Coronavirus using medicines that are already available.

The video is down below, although I'd recommend you speed it up to either 1.25 or 1.50 as the guy talking has a pretty droning voice.
As already stated and while I hope this brings us closer to ending the current crisis, don't take this information as gospel unless/until we get confirmation otherwise.

@AGXStarseed, thanks for posting this. There needs to be more reporting of news like this to give people hope.

That stuff is great in emergencies...it's like getting double the clean with each wipe.

My parents are the type that buy a ridiculous amount of consumables from Sam's club in bulk, from soup to booty paper & all things in-between.
So we should be good, so long as this whole Covid-19 thing ends in the next 3 years.

While I hope this Coronavirus crisis ends quickly, I am prepared for a long drawn out crisis. My job skills are actually in greater demand during times of crisis, so I am fortunate there. My wife learned yesterday that she is effective immediately having her salary reduced 55%, and she is lucky to have that. We are able to survive on my salary alone as long as my job is not affected. So, I think we will survive a prolonged economic recession. If there is a global depression, well there is no point is worrying about that. We'll all be screwed then.

Last edited:

It takes a lot to process the news and the ever changing directives about the virus without having a sick pet on top :( Get well Kitty!!!
Thanks, Juliettaa. She has lymphoma in the small intestine (we think) but is responding well to medication, gaining weight, feeling better. We are taking a palliative approach.

While I can't link to any videos as there's swearing involved either in the comments or from the individuals themselves, it seems a fair few celebrities are really showing how self-obsessed and outright disgusting they truly are as they react to the pandemic.

Example number one are those who are ignoring/outright refusing to "self-quarantine" because they care more about their "freedom" than their lives, regardless of whether they catch the illness and/or spread it around (an example been Evangeline Lilly).

Example number two are those who are hoping for old people to die (an example been Vanessa Hudgens - although she has now apologized after originally claiming that her words were "taken out of context").

Example number three are those who are losing their minds while they are self-quarantined and acting/whining like spoilt brats, making it out like self-quarantining is so hard for them as they're restricted to their expensive properties (an example been Cardi B. While I can't link to the video in question, here's a censored version of what she said in an online rant).

“If you work at the [censored] Pentagon, let a [censored] know. I need to know. I don’t know if you can tell, but I’m losing my [censored] mind. I want to get dressed up. I want to put a [censored] lace front on, I want to put on my [censored] expensive outfits, and I want to go out. And I can’t!”

All that said, watching the third example is proving to be unintentionally entertaining, so that's passing the time at least.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom