• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What examples can you provide to elaborate on that idea?
On Discord servers, I tend to go unnoticed or ignored. I even get rejected.

I get noticed on forums more. Just not always for the best and I often fall to the wayside.

Last edited:
What would have to happen for you to feel noticed?
I am not really sure. Admittedly, I do get sometimes referenced and in a positive manner. But when it comes to big discussions outside of the ones I start, my posts tend to get overshadowed.

You were hoping or expecting to be a stand out in discussions,
that your comments would shine forth, and you're disappointed
when they don't.

Yes me too, think it's common for us to not be able to calibrate the right amount of input. Hey it's not a crime. But it can be difficult to cope sometimes.

Or l talk when l should have shut-up, because l need to mask a filter so that l don't create unnecessarily drama when l am just imagining a dialog because l obsess over writing an absurd comedy that is a thought thread that continues in my left cortex probably above that ear.

I wish I could have a year that starts off hopeful instead of foreboding.
You are the one in charge of your feelings.

You aren't at the mercy of mysterious outside forces.
Your feelings develop from what you tell yourself.

You are the one in charge of your feelings.

You aren't at the mercy of mysterious outside forces.
Your feelings develop from what you tell yourself.
It’s hard to fight these feelings when you are constantly socially excluded and your efforts tend to not go anywhere.

It’s hard to fight these feelings when you are constantly socially excluded and your efforts tend to not go anywhere.
Notice what you're telling yourself.

*it's hard*
But is it impossible??

*constantly socially excluded*
Really?
I thought you just went to some concert or whatever, that 65 thing with somebody.

*efforts tend to not go anywhere*
What is it you are expecting?

New Threads

Top Bottom