• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

She sounds pretty hopeless all right.

I wonder if she's more interesting and full of life in person
than she seems to be in this little piece she wrote.
I am told I do more in terms of getting out socially than I think I do. I just wish I knew how to get a partner.

This story is from a woman’s perspective and while I am not a virgin, a lot of what she says reflects my own fears and hopelessness, especially about the years getting lonelier: I'm A 32-Year-Old Virgin (But Not By Choice)
Her writing style isn’t nearly as interesting as yours. You could probably write about loneliness in a much more fascinating way. Like getting through hell without turning to ashes.

exercise is both confusing and overwhelming to me.

If you need some ideas or friendly help in this department, you can definitely DM me! I used to hate it so much but I found ways to make it fun and now I'm not overweight anymore (even though that was mostly diet work).

@Markness

When you get advice (here, or e.g. from a dating service (you mentioned this earlier)), particularly regarding self-improvement, do you follow it?

@Markness

When you get advice (here, or e.g. from a dating service (you mentioned this earlier)), particularly regarding self-improvement, do you follow it?
Sometimes I can follow the advice but the results will be disappointing. Other times, there is advice I can’t utilize because of it’s beyond my ability.

You haven't tried the Miracle Question yet, in the other thread.

I sometimes get “flash forwards” of myself in 10-30 years and they scare me because I still haven’t gotten better.

Should I tell myself the “flash forwards” aren’t real?
The fact that you tell yourself negative stories is definitely real.

What makes it true that the negative story you tell yourself
will come to pass? Got a crystal ball? You're a Time Traveler?
Somebody from the future has slipped you the playbook?

The fact that you tell yourself negative stories is definitely real.

What makes it true that the negative story you tell yourself
will come to pass? Got a crystal ball? You're a Time Traveler?
Somebody from the future has slipped you the playbook?
:(

Last edited:
Frown-y face?

What does that mean, as a reply to Post #198?

I'm going to guess.
It means that you are confounded by the idea that
your future doesn't depend on your estimation of
your past.

Of course, it could mean that you're disappointed that
somebody doesn't believe in your ability to foretell
the future, but I'm going with my first guess here.

New Threads

Top Bottom