• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A real, honest-to-goodness letter came in the mail today.

Gerontius

V.I.P Member
I opened the mail today & found that a friend of mine had sent me a letter--an actual paper letter, in an envelope, written in black ink with a typewriter. The author used real paragraphs, common sense, signed it with his own signature.
He was talking about his life--It's not so bad really; he's a bit lonely after an adventure in love that didn't work out so well. That happens. And he was thinking about trying to make sure everything does make sense. I guess NT's have the same priorities as us, most of the time. And he's checking in on how things are here (not bad--not good, but not bad either; as I like to say "it varies.") I think everything

He's talking about the semester, the work, leaving himself no room to wallow in self-pity and trying to keep up on his life--says the nice thing about the routine alone is that he can stay at home, cook great food, & listen to records without headphones in. This is good. He's going to have a bit more of a rougher spot in life but he will get there.

Letters are an art form. I suppose love-letters aren't quite out of style, but letters for correspondence are very rare. I do like the idea & used to write letters more--shall resume that a.s.a.p. I guess; can think of a few who would probably like to get letters.

That is very nice that you have a friend who thinks highly enough of you to write. You have been doing well recently and this is a great reminder that there are people who appreciate you.

A good reminder that I need to get something out to my Brother in Law. He keeps on getting me knives. The last is an Obsidian Blade mounted on an antler handle. I was able to find a local craftsman who works in Damascus steel so have a really nice knife for him.

Congratulations
Getting a letter like that is indeed rare these days.

may you have a suitable enjoyment in responding to this missive

I opened the mail today & found that a friend of mine had sent me a letter--an actual paper letter, in an envelope, written in black ink with a typewriter. The author used real paragraphs, common sense, signed it with his own signature.
He was talking about his life--It's not so bad really; he's a bit lonely after an adventure in love that didn't work out so well. That happens. And he was thinking about trying to make sure everything does make sense. I guess NT's have the same priorities as us, most of the time. And he's checking in on how things are here (not bad--not good, but not bad either; as I like to say "it varies.") I think everything

He's talking about the semester, the work, leaving himself no room to wallow in self-pity and trying to keep up on his life--says the nice thing about the routine alone is that he can stay at home, cook great food, & listen to records without headphones in. This is good. He's going to have a bit more of a rougher spot in life but he will get there.

Letters are an art form. I suppose love-letters aren't quite out of style, but letters for correspondence are very rare. I do like the idea & used to write letters more--shall resume that a.s.a.p. I guess; can think of a few who would probably like to get letters.
Letters are a vanishing art form. The closest I ever get to a letter is a greeting card.

Very nice, Gerontius :)

I used to write cards each week for my last girlfriend. Then she started doing the same for me. It was fun to think of new things to write (poems, jokes, reflections).

I used to write and receive long interesting letters. I miss it. There were even handwritten!

Last year I found someone who wrote long emails and that was almost as much fun until it ended. :(

at least the letter wasn’t written out in Comic Sans (pictured below). I would take a fancy letter over one just typed out in Comic Sans unless it was meant to be for an internet meme or meant to be satire.
IMG_0608.jpeg

I end up in a love letter every time l try to write about my feelings to this guy. I composed a poem for him when l first met him. I had a quarrel with a neighbor only by stuff taped on each other's door. Then it ended. It was a civil way to disagree about things.

New Threads

Top Bottom