• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your relationship status?

What's your relationship status?

• Dating and content with my relationship

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • Dating and quite content with my relationship

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • Dating and not very content with my relationship

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Engaged and content with my relationship

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Engaged and quite content with my relationship

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Engaged and not very content with my relationship

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Married and content with my marriage

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Married and quite content with my marriage

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • Married and not very content with my marriage

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Recently divorced and looking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recently divorced and not looking

• Recently separated and looking

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Recently separated and not looking

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Recently widowed and looking

• Recently widowed and not looking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single and looking

Votes: 82 31.5%
  • Single and not looking

Votes: 70 26.9%

• Total voters
Not always. I approached and initiated things with my ex and I was the one to ask him out. If I'm interested in somebody I'll initiate the "flirting" or show my interest.

yeah did not mean it literally, but the overwhelming vast majority of the time, girls expect guys to approach first and talk first, ask out, initiate

Been dating for a month or so its going well so far. :)
I wouldn't say its concrete because she might lose interest soon, but its nothing that would really bother me.

Married for 9 years, happy now. I don't know what anyone else's experience is, but relationships with guys that I initiated did not go well and ended quickly. The one man who initiated a relationship with me and continued to try to love me well has lasted.

I was hoping for more success stories. I'm married (coming up to our first anniversary next month). I'm pretty oblivious to people who seek my attention in that way so to speak. So my husband chased me down. It took him a couple months to get it through my head he wanted more. Mind you I had an image of what I wanted and he was the total opposite of that image lol. Other people saw it before I did.

I think the right person won't care about your asperger's quirks ... my husband doesn't he understands I don't function like everyone else. He's incredibly supportive and I love him to bits for it.

Single and looking. :( kind of depressed. Maybe love isn't all that, but it sounds good from here.
The trouble is, neurotypical girls run when they realize I don't run with the herd.

Last edited:
back to being single, the overwhelming feelings of jealousy are going to be a *****. I can handle her leaving, but I can't help the feeling that I know shes going to be with someone else.
I can't it feels me with pain and anger, I feel like I'm going to snap at the ends...and explode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Single and not looking. I've had sexual partners before, but my neuroses have just been getting more and more intense as I've gotten older, and I find I can no longer stand either physical contact (any, especially that which is necessary for sex), nor have any desire for any sort of emotional attachment. So I think I will be single my whole life, and I am more than fine with that.

What's your relationship status? Pick the poll option which best suits you.

I felt like making something more advanced than just a simple "Are you dating - yes or no?" kind of poll.

I picked "Single and not looking" which is what it's been for me for a long time.

Great poll Aillas, with many options and all bases covered... very Aspie friendly.

I had girls making the first move most of the time. But keep in mind, the first move only, after that they try to escape while I gave chase.

There is this expectation in society that females are supposed to play hard to get, we are told that guys don't like girls who are too aggressive. Me personally, I would have a hard time making the first move because I am afraid of being rejected even when i am already in a relationship.

@ Ruben, you are too funny! I was often the first to show interest, but if they didn't show some initiative after that I got bored.

it kind of just happens...I've only dated like 3 people. so I have no idea how it happens it just does. x.x

I do prefer being chased, and not having to make the first move.

Last edited:
Good thing I don't have to be single & go out & chase anyone. I could just see them running like their @$$ was on fire yelling "HHAAAYYYLLLPPP! I'm being chased my a half pint version of the Grim Reaper!!!" (Soup is wearing an oversized black hoodie, slim black leggings & Doc Martens 2 buckle shoes. I look like the grim reaper's kid sister! Not exactly guy magnet material today...

@ Ruben, you are too funny! I was often the first to show interest, but if they didn't show some initiative after that I got bored.

Oh well, I have no idea how many "showed interest". Aspie guy missed all those (I've been told on facebook 20 years later). The few cases I chased, it took a passionate kiss that came out of nowhere for me to realize there was an interest. Then weeks of not answering calls, stooding me up, playing hard to get... one of those was my kid's mother. Current GF was similar story too.

Actually, we do: we've seen your photos. Many women are nuts over Latino looking guys, Ruben!

I'm not officially in a relationship but for the last two years I've been in a subtle relationship with my former boss' daughter. Over these last few weeks I think she and I are starting to flare up again and possibly into something official. I can't decide if I want a relationship with her-or anyone right now-though.

. Then weeks of not answering calls, stooding me up, playing hard to get... one of those was my kid's mother. Current GF was similar story too.

I never played hard to get. I didn't show an interest in someone to play games. I like it when people are straightforward, and I try to be too. If I showed interest it was sort of like me shouting "I want to be got! Now!" I desperatly wanted to be loved. That said, I wasn't one to quickly jump right into an intense physical relationship.

New Threads

Top Bottom