• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your relationship status?

What's your relationship status?

• Dating and content with my relationship

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • Dating and quite content with my relationship

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • Dating and not very content with my relationship

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Engaged and content with my relationship

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Engaged and quite content with my relationship

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Engaged and not very content with my relationship

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Married and content with my marriage

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Married and quite content with my marriage

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • Married and not very content with my marriage

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Recently divorced and looking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recently divorced and not looking

• Recently separated and looking

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Recently separated and not looking

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Recently widowed and looking

• Recently widowed and not looking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single and looking

Votes: 82 31.5%
  • Single and not looking

Votes: 70 26.9%

• Total voters
I am currently single and not looking. I feel i need to evaluate myself before i try to find someone else. I was stupid enough to get involved in 3 long distance relationships which all ended badly. I should have known after the first one ended because of the distance not to try again but i fell into the trap twice more. I won't be doing that again. I want to understand myself more before i try to get someone else to understand me. This year is when i finally decided to read about AS in an effort to understand what it ment in my life and how i could use the information i read to change my outlook on life.

Been divorced for 6yrs and absolutely looking to date again. My marriage was a very happy one and I hope to do it again.
I hate being single!:p

Butterfly_Lady that seems like a great approach.
That's what i was thinking. I mean, if I don't even understand myself, how can I expect someone else to try and understand and get along with me? I have actually thought about starting to write a book about my life. I was not one blessed with good memory so it will probably take a while of digging and writing things down as i remember it before i can actually put it in the order it happened or atleast in an order that makes sense.

I've been dating for the last 6, almost 7 months now. Long distance-ish... 100 miles apart. That works fairly well for most part. We see each other every few weeks, which is good so we can both work on our hobbies and projects. We'll talk on IM every now and then, text sometimes.

I should mention that she has been diagnosed with Asperger's as well (though therapists apparently disagreed on that over the course of years), so that probably adds to her understanding that I like my private time. Well, she does as well... but I'm more outspoken in terms of wanting alone time.

Before this I've been single for almost 18 months, which was the longest ever since I started dating. In those months I had quite some time to think through some stuff, got my diagnosis, things like that. I'm not really someone who wants Aspergers to let me rule my relationships as such... especially since I managed long enough without having a diagnosis and being aware of traits and issues... I just act like "me" in relationships and that's a bit of a take it or leave it deal I guess. So no I don't feel I should have time off to figure myself out (and it's no critique to people who want to, but I can understand clearly why some people would). Even in terms of outlooks and future plans, I have my own agenda, which by the norm is weird in itself I guess. But it's my party and anyone who wants to hop along, be my guest, just don't waste my time.

i do want a relationship but my last gf kept asking me if i was afraid to be alone (rather than in a relationship) then she casually 'jumps from one lillypad to the next' dumps me to get straight into another relationship....
ain't that a *****

Single and very open to the possibility of a relationship. My prospects are slim considering I'm mostly uninterested in NT people, which are the majority of people I come into contact with.

Single and looking for that one person to come along and make happy and a complete person. I've been single most of my life. I'm no longer afraid to talk to women. I just don't know what to say to get them interested in me. Most I've run into are either married, have a boyfriend or not looking. I guess instead of trying to approach women, I'll wait for them to approach me.

I can say that if/when my wife and I separate, I won't be rushing into another relationship.

I am very very sexual and love having an intimate connection with another human being, but I think the cons outweigh the pros. I am too much hard work.

After one row, my wife said that she feels more like my Carer than my Wife. I can't really answer that.

What I have to offer someone is just not worth the crap that they will have to go through to put up with me.

that's because women are the attractive ones, they know this so all they have to do is make themselves look good and go out the front door. any 'free' guy will want them. guys are getting more and more surplus to requirements...we're not even 'needed' for BREEDING ANY MORE!

I picked Recently separated and not looking. Again, that's not to say I wouldn't be interested if I found the right person. Just not going to settle.

I hate, despise, loathe on how we guys always have to do the chasing, pursuing, approaching, initiating, asking out:mad:
Not always. I approached and initiated things with my ex and I was the one to ask him out. If I'm interested in somebody I'll initiate the "flirting" or show my interest.

I picked single and not looking for two reasons one I figure I need to figure myself out first before asking anyone to join me, second I figure that if its the right person things will fall into place. I hope someday maybe have someone I can be with forever but forever is a long time and life is short. I hope but wil lbe fine on my own until that day comes. :)

Single and not looking. Just recently out of a relationship and couldnt be bothered with the hassles of another woman in my life. I think i can safely say say the best i can expect is the odd one night stand in the future, as trying to be in a relationship is to much hard work. In my experience women are bloody bonkers (no offence to the ladies on here,but its just my experience),and they constantly change the rules on you,leaving you stressed.

New Threads

Top Bottom