• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wrong Planet

Wrong Planet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From each according to ability, to each according to need?

That seems unlikely.

Last night on WP I said that it feels like the place has just turned into one big long complaint about how autistic men can't get a date because all women are evil and only want scumbags for boyfriends, and I should just leave WP forever. But I still find they have a lot more interesting and unusual topics in Random Discussion, which I where I spend most of my time anyway. On this site a thread I'm interested in could be dead but I can't be positive if it's only been a couple of months this since someone last posted and they only lock threads that break the rules or get too controversial.

So I need to tell my story...

Two days ago I made an account, and posted a question in the "Adult Autism" folder, where more adult oriented topics, like asking how to do sexual things, or just talking about sex in general, go. A few people responded, and we were having a decent conversation. I went to bed, and got up the next morning and found out my thread had been deleted and I had been banned. The only reason they gave was "Incel Troll." I hadn't started a fight, I hadn't said anything mean, and my question was asked out of genuine curiosity. There was absolutely no trolling going on.

Naturally, that hacked me off, so I made a new account, went to the moderator help thread, and asked why I had been banned. They banned me a second time for "Incell Troll." I made a third account, also banned. Finally, I posted a thread about it in the Haven hoping people would take notice and the mods would quit banning me right off the bat. The mod who was banning me, XFilesGeek, finally replied to say this:

"Fine, kid. Your very first thread was a extremely stupid question about making your penis bigger. [Author's note: no it wasn't] When a person's very first post is something stupid it's usually a red flag for a troll, and, since we've been warned that incels were trying to invade the forum, you were flagged as an incel troll. Posting stupid things and then playing dumb is an obvious troll tactic. You want an account? Fine. I'll let this one stand providing you actually contribute to the forum in a positive way, and stop posting nonsense. Oh, and kindly stop it with the temper tantrum."

I called her out, pointing out that there were plenty of other racy topics that she was giving a free pass, which prompted a non-mod user, Fnord, to start sending me private messages like "You're not welcome here. Stop lying about our mods. Bye!" and also to thank XFilesGeek for being a petty [deleted] in the help thread.

Bottom line: stay away from that site. It's literally the most toxic website I've ever been to.

@Hoobledooble
Plenty of people here, myself included, are from there

It is indeed a toxic place and not great that the guy who created it in the first place basically abandoned it and is now doing a new project called "Autism Stories" which you need to pay in order to access at all

Maybe your thread was over the top, I don't know, I'm not going to check. I don't read WP, the site is a corpse that needs to be put out of its misery. Stop giving Alex Plank money for his 9th grade school project that he doesn't care to upkeep any longer.

However, I would like to say Fnord is one of the biggest bootlicking losers the internet has ever seen, the guy has posted multiple threads about how he was gonna leave and most of the replies were good riddance prick but he still sticks around after all these years. People that are moderators on dying forums like WP who 'do it for free' do so for two reasons; one to push whatever ideological agenda they have & to eliminate 'wrongthink' and then the sadder bunch where its the only 10 cents of authority they have in their lives. The saddest bunch of all, this includes Fnord, are the moderator groupies that so desperately WISH they were moderators that backseat mod & heckle from the peanut gallery. Fnord was never stupid enough to PM me abusive messages, I heard about him doing it plenty of course with nothing ever done by the mods. Never me, probably because he knew trashing him would become a game to me. Coward. Nobody likes the guy, how he isn't banned is a "mod secret" for sure. All the moderators on WP are trash, abandon ship. There is no saving it, let the losers waste more years moderating a dead forum.

However, I would like to say Fnord is one of the biggest bootlicking losers the internet has ever seen

I told him he was the real life, internet equivalent of Randal from that old Disney cartoon, Recess. He replied, "I am actually VERY proud of myself. Mainly because most of my life's cultural references come from peer-group reviewed journals of science and engineering, and not from irrelevant kiddie cartoons. You are not welcome here. Deal with it."

I told him, "Yep. Your "peer-reviewed journals of science and engineering" have led you to a life of tattle-taling on an online forum for virtual pats on the head and the fleeting sensation that you're worth more than a rat's ass. I envy you, I really do. Would that we all could be satisfied with being low, pathetic little parasites like you."

I think this thread sums Fnord up: Compromise? | Wrong Planet Autism Community Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
So I need to tell my story...

Two days ago I made an account, and posted a question in the "Adult Autism" folder, where more adult oriented topics, like asking how to do sexual things, or just talking about sex in general, go. A few people responded, and we were having a decent conversation. I went to bed, and got up the next morning and found out my thread had been deleted and I had been banned. The only reason they gave was "Incel Troll." I hadn't started a fight, I hadn't said anything mean, and my question was asked out of genuine curiosity. There was absolutely no trolling going on.

Naturally, that hacked me off, so I made a new account, went to the moderator help thread, and asked why I had been banned. They banned me a second time for "Incell Troll." I made a third account, also banned. Finally, I posted a thread about it in the Haven hoping people would take notice and the mods would quit banning me right off the bat. The mod who was banning me, XFilesGeek, finally replied to say this:

"Fine, kid. Your very first thread was a extremely stupid question about making your penis bigger. [Author's note: no it wasn't] When a person's very first post is something stupid it's usually a red flag for a troll, and, since we've been warned that incels were trying to invade the forum, you were flagged as an incel troll. Posting stupid things and then playing dumb is an obvious troll tactic. You want an account? Fine. I'll let this one stand providing you actually contribute to the forum in a positive way, and stop posting nonsense. Oh, and kindly stop it with the temper tantrum."

I called her out, pointing out that there were plenty of other racy topics that she was giving a free pass, which prompted a non-mod user, Fnord, to start sending me private messages like "You're not welcome here. Stop lying about our mods. Bye!" and also to thank XFilesGeek for being a petty [deleted] in the help thread.

Bottom line: stay away from that site. It's literally the most toxic website I've ever been to.
Hah Xfiles geek, the same mod that banned me.She banned me for sticking up for myself against a bully and sent me a message stop acting like a child and banned for trolling and obnoxious behavior, glad your here though, the mods are more reasonable here, its a better place, to Wrong Planet good riddance.The mods are more reasonable here, tree for example is very helpful and when wanting to hurt myself more does not seem logical or reasonable, steers me back in the right direction.

Last edited:
Fnord, goldfish21, TW1ZTY, and some other rude and pompous assholes ruined the place for me. I don't even like alex himself. He actually downplayed my struggles and boasted about his pick-up skills to me.

The forum is a sick place. They think every lonely man is an incel and that we need to shut ourselves away until we are "fit" despite how being shut off from social interaction as well being rejected when we tried made us depressed in the first place.

Last edited:
Fnord, goldfish21, TW1ZTY, and some other rude and pompous assholes ruined the place for me. I don't even like alex himself. He actually downplayed my struggles and boasted about his pick-up skills to me.

The forum is a sick place. They think every lonely man is an incel and that we need to shut ourselves away until we are "fit" despite how being shut off from social interaction as well being rejected when we tried made us depressed in the first place.

the way i see it,we're not only shut off from social interaction,we're also shut off off from finding a girlfriend & being controlled from making our own decisions,money or otherwise.

the way i see it,we're not only shut off from social interaction,we're also shut off off from finding a girlfriend & being controlled from making our own decisions,money or otherwise.

I am honestly wishing for a cure now. I used to oppose the idea but I don't see a better life for me unless Aspergers is purged from my brain. I'd finally be able to move out of the Bible Belt, I'd finally have a girlfriend, and I would finally be talented at the things I wish I was talented at.

I am honestly wishing for a cure now. I used to oppose the idea but I don't see a better life for me unless Aspergers is purged from my brain. I'd finally be able to move out of the Bible Belt, I'd finally have a girlfriend, and I would finally be talented at the things I wish I was talented at.

for an aspie like me,giant teddy bears are the closest thing that i’ll ever have to a girlfriend & if i had one,i wouldn't know what to name it.

This is totally random, but I love your profile picture (also because I like the character L)...
You are welcome, I used the same pic on Wrong Planet a long time till the good mods left and bad ones sided with bullies to ban me 4 years later.

My axe to grind against is Delta vil.

I signed up at WP. When I'd try to login or respond to a post I was denied every time. I sent emails and got no response for weeks. Actually never. I sent another email, a not so nice one. I like this site and see no reason to ever go back to WP.

Alex said this on Aug 4, 2010:
You don't have all the information. First of all, their board of directors does include an autistic person now. Second of all, their direction is obviously changing to try to support people with autism living today. They are using some of their money to support people with autism now. Please call me on the telephone. I will explain more of this.

Now that we've made our position clear, the logical course of action is to attempt to change them by guiding their actions. Continuing to refuse to talk to them and to protest them will not change the fact that they are the largest fundraising organization out there and will continue to spend the money. . . with our input or without it. . . wouldn't you rather have a say on where that money goes? or is writing angry blog posts without any result all you care about?

Autism Talk TV - Ep. 6 - Steve Silberman - Pt 1 | Wrong Planet Autism Community Forum
https colon slash slash wrongplanet dot net slash forums slash viewtopic dot phpquestiontequals122968

Yes, it is referring to Auti$m $peaks.

And in the blogosphere: autism's gadfly: Alex Plank: The Sycophantic Saga continues
http colon slash slash autismgadfly dot blogspot dot com slash2010 slash 08 slash alex-plank-sycophantic-saga-continues dot html.

The claim that John Elder Robison is on the board... actually he quit.

I was on WP on and off for awhile myself. Gave up. Came here. End of story.
Still, I suppose some people got help from there and prefer their culture.
I don't.
That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom