• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wrong Planet

Wrong Planet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's at least 2 or 3 there that seem to have a Munchausen Syndrome type thing going.

I believe Autism Speaks having purchased Wrong Planet is some kind of urban legend. But I'll bring it up there in the WP discussion thread.

Not all WP problems are WP specific. We have our own attention seeker(s) who never take the good/well intended advice either.

Him and the other mentioned yeah. I find myself wondering if it's an act. Because it just keeps going in circles. Nothing resembling a resolution. Always ends up back at square one.

But it's not like they dominate the whole forum. There are several really great people there (as there are here) that keep me plugged in. WP's biggest problem is technical. It was poorly designed and has serious performance issues.

Last edited:
The biggest problems seem to be technical, ad heavy (lots of big flashing ads on an autism site, awesome idea... :rolleyes:) horny kids and squabbling. And squabbling with pinch of judgement.

Life is hard work for the autistic, starting from the moment we leave the house (if we gather the strength to get that far). So since we already have enough to deal with, making it worst seems so unnecessary.

And I could be wrong, but I also get the impression that there are a lot of people who really really want a partner (male, female, animal, vegetable or mineral...) but have been so far unsuccessful and want to, well destroy all life?

You must be hanging out in the love and dating section where I rarely venture.

and the dark and murky regions of religion and politics!

There should be a "naughty step" forum area. Where if people post things that are offensive, sexist, racist, designed to insight an argument or a nazi symbol, they should get sent there for a time.

and the dark and murky regions of religion and politics!

There should be a "naughty step" forum area. Where if people post things that are offensive, sexist, racist, designed to insight an argument or a nazi symbol, they should get sent there for a time.
I highly doubt that'd help... that crap makes its way everywhere on that place

I'm seeing a lot of complaining about political issues...hav you considered not going on the political thread?

It's an ugly barely functioning website with terrible egomaniac moderators and Alex who appears randomly every for months seems determined to squeeze every last buck out of WP. Got some email from them today about some project they didn't really even explain but want you to pay $17 a month for. Good luck with that. The whole site is toxic and extremely negative.

It's an ugly barely functioning website with terrible egomaniac moderators and Alex who appears randomly every for months seems determined to squeeze every last buck out of WP. Got some email from them today about some project they didn't really even explain but want you to pay $17 a month for. Good luck with that. The whole site is toxic and extremely negative.

Hey dude what's happening.

Hey dude what's happening.
Oh I'm doing about the same as ever, did they finally ban you too? I lost contact with a lot of people when they unjustly banned me and it was hurtful as a person without that many friends to lose so many people I corresponded with, I thought some might try to contact me but none did afaik so I moved on.

It's pretty funny when the news proves my far out "conspiracy theories" time and time again, I can't imagine how the discourse has gotten any better but I assume they've probably silenced everybody they disagreed with by now.

WP definitely is a vehicle for Alex Plank's success, not anybody else and nothing more. You're an idiot if you give him even a dollar.

Oh I'm doing about the same as ever, did they finally ban you too? I lost contact with a lot of people when they unjustly banned me and it was hurtful as a person without that many friends to lose so many people I corresponded with, I thought some might try to contact me but none did afaik so I moved on.

It's pretty funny when the news proves my far out "conspiracy theories" time and time again, I can't imagine how the discourse has gotten any better but I assume they've probably silenced everybody they disagreed with by now.

WP definitely is a vehicle for Alex Plank's success, not anybody else and nothing more. You're an idiot if you give him even a dollar.
So the owner's running the site like a commie? Well, crap. That's even worse!

I am half way through a 30 day ban. For posts I made in news and current events section of course. Which is still a partisan political platform, rather than what it's supposed to be. My comments were too snarky according to an extremely partisan moderator. The WP forum population is continuing to dwindle due to how poorly it operates. The email account I registered with all those years ago is dead, so I missed out on that wonderful offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom