• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wrong Planet

Wrong Planet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today Wrong planet is garbage and a cesspool. to the pocket moderators and the bullies they can piss off! I am free here and can express myself and not be oppressed and in fear no more! Not to mention no capcha crap either! No Autism speaks support here either unlike WP with the sponsering of such a hate group just to gain fame and numbers!

Its a site funded by Autism speaks an anti autistic group in disguise, people get treated like crap there and there are bullies with moderators in their pocket, someone the mods favor make a personal attack against you the mods do nothing, you stick up for your self and they ban you. You also have to complete a captcha each time you post or edit posts.

Main reason why I created (from scratch, I should add) - my site.

Aaaaand then I sort of delved more into code and less into the way things work.

Cornflake

Just before the new version came out, we had a HUGE chat about it... He wasn't happy, and that's why he left.

WP suffers from a worsening culture of users hating on other users they don't like.
Mods cater to many of those users, with the site creator forcing stability and peace at all cost.
This means many users including myself are getting punished over the stupidest and most minor things...

The site is also a big support of Sanders.

I pretty much just post in gaming section over there.

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Forgive me if the following comes off as virulent or rambling, but I've never really been one to mince words. I'm sure many other users here can cosign my experience, as some already have (at least in part).

I originally joined the WrongPlanet forum at a dark time in my life seeking solidarity and compassion, hoping to make valuable connections and relate to genuine people in situations like mine. In time I came to realize that WP was nothing more than a disgustingly oppressive environment rife with sadistic dehumanization, which is just like what I have to put up with IRL. Many of the users there consistently showed a horrific level of unjustified hatred and a pathological "us versus them" mentality, and any attempt to call them out would backfire miserably. I was shocked, and frankly traumatized, to witness literal fascists in the Asperger community (or probably just abusive parents of autistic kids) freely vomiting their bigoted and false ideology there with the mods making excuses for them. Look, these are the basically kind of people who want to make The Turner Diaries a reality. They didn't exactly help to dispel the stereotype that people with Asperger syndrome are sociopaths, let me tell you.

For instance, I can explicitly recall one user not too long ago making a thread pleading to the mods to take action about all the harassment she was receiving, and she soon was ganged up on and bullied off the site, and then mocked after she left. While this is only one minor example, I'd say it's a pretty solid summary of the kind of toxic atmosphere WrongPlanet has. It is a perfect microcosm for the world Aspies seek refuge from, and is a cruelly deceptive contradiction of its own supposed purpose. Who would've thought that even the website's name has become an ironically appropriate description of it.

aspieotaku said:
its a site funded by Autism speaks an anti autistic group in disguise

I'd be very curious to have this claim elaborated upon. Do you have a source to confirm this? I'm not saying it's false mind you; if anything I wouldn't be surprised if this actually was the case.

Oh, and the site's UI sucked, which fortunately can't be said for AspiesCentral!

That leads me to my final thing before I step off the podium and go check my blood pressure. AspiesCentral has been something of a haven for me. I don't mean to come across as a melodramatic ass-kisser, but I can honestly say that the community here as gone out of their way to provide me with all of the things WrongPlanet intentionally refused to give me. Respect, honesty, engaging discussion, rational insight, and basic human dignity. I'm grateful for all of them, and by extension, the notion that humans are still capable of displaying them.

Last edited:
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Forgive me if the following comes off as virulent or rambling, but I've never really been one to mince words. I'm sure many other users here can cosign my experience, as some already have (at least in part).

I originally joined the WrongPlanet forum at a dark time in my life seeking solidarity and compassion, hoping to make valuable connections and relate to genuine people in situations like mine. In time I came to realize that WP was nothing more than a disgustingly oppressive environment rife with sadistic dehumanization, which is just like what I have to put up with IRL. Many of the users there consistently showed a horrific level of unjustified hatred and a pathological "us versus them" mentality, and any attempt to call them out would backfire miserably. I was shocked, and frankly traumatized, to witness literal fascists in the Asperger community (or probably just abusive parents of autistic kids) freely vomiting their bigoted and false ideology there with the mods making excuses for them. Look, these are the basically kind of people who want to make The Turner Diaries a reality. They didn't exactly help to dispel the stereotype that people with Asperger syndrome are sociopaths, let me tell you.

For instance, I can explicitly recall one user not too long ago making a thread pleading to the mods to take action about all the harassment she was receiving, and she soon was ganged up on and bullied off the site, and then mocked after she left. While this is only one minor example, I'd say it's a pretty solid summary of the kind of toxic atmosphere WrongPlanet has. It is a perfect microcosm for the world Aspies seek refuge from, and is a cruelly deceptive contradiction of its own supposed purpose. Who would've thought that even the website's name has become an ironically appropriate description of it.

I'd be very curious to have this claim elaborated upon. Do you have a source to confirm this? I'm not saying it's false mind you; if anything I wouldn't be surprised if this actually was the case.

Oh, and the site's UI sucked, which fortunately can't be said for AspiesCentral!

That leads me to my final thing before I step off the podium and go check my blood pressure. AspiesCentral has been something of a haven for me. I don't mean to come across as a melodramatic ass-kisser, but I can honestly say that the community here as gone out of their way to provide me with all of the things WrongPlanet intentionally refused to give me. Respect, honesty, engaging discussion, rational insight, and basic human dignity. I'm grateful for all of them, and by extension, the notion that humans are still capable of displaying them.
Well to be fair Alex (creator and owner of WP) is part of the issue.
He doesn't want to upgrade the site and "hurt" anyone.

The mods are tasked with keeping the peace "at all cost" and to take care of users who upset others.

Even I'm harassed by a user who is out for me and the mods won't do anything about it there either.
Instead I've earned the ire of the mods, getting threads locked for rules violation, while they let other thread who violate the same rules stand.

If it wasn't for a few people on the gaming board there, I would have moved on by now.

Though WP is swinging to the right and becoming a bastion of Trump support...

If Alex didn't want to hurt anyone, then maybe he would take action about the people who are going out of their way to hurt innocent users of the site. One can't "keep" a state of peace that never was there in the first place, they can only aim to create an environment more conducive to peace by punishing sadistic individuals who pathologically oppress others. This is no different from real life, where authority figures claim to "keep the peace" while they're only making excuses for bigots by not taking swift and vigilant action against them. The powers that be are too afraid of violating the status quo to take action, even when it could be greatly beneficial.

Though WP is swinging to the right and becoming a bastion of Trump support...

It's been that way. All the more reason why that latrine of a site is worthy of my hatred. I touched upon this in my original response, particularly in the part regarding fascists.

If Alex didn't want to hurt anyone, then maybe he would take action about the people who are going out of their way to hurt innocent users of the site. One can't "keep" a state of peace that never was there in the first place, they can only aim to create an environment more conducive to peace by punishing sadistic individuals who pathologically oppress others. This is no different from real life, where authority figures claim to "keep the peace" while they're only making excuses for bigots by not taking swift and vigilant action against them. The powers that be are too afraid of violating the status quo to take action, even when it could be greatly beneficial.

It's been that way. All the more reason why that latrine of a site is worthy of my hatred. I touched upon this in my original response, particularly in the part regarding fascists.

I know...

I wouldn't call them fascists but some might actually be.
The site also has a quite a few vocal Sanders supporters who go to pieces when someone mentions anything negative about him...

I believe the man lost interest in running the site years ago and now sees it as a cash cow. He does NOT care about the content and user experience of his site.

It really is a dreadful website, filled with so many miserable and divisive people. I am sorry to say that but their "pool" of forum users seems so much worse than anything I've ever seen before.

I know...

I wouldn't call them fascists but some might actually be.
The site also has a quite a few vocal Sanders supporters who go to pieces when someone mentions anything negative about him...

Any way you slice it, a polarized, readily combative environment isn't exactly something one would look for in a support forum, that's something I think we all can agree on. Let's just leave it at that...

I believe the man lost interest in running the site years ago and now sees it as a cash cow. He does NOT care about the content and user experience of his site.

It really is a dreadful website, filled with so many miserable and divisive people. I am sorry to say that but their "pool" of forum users seems so much worse than anything I've ever seen before.

Disheartening but not surprising, for me at least. It seems as if profit always has something to do with the reasons why problems are deliberately left unsolved. I'm glad I left. While this may seem rather insensitive, part of me just wants to let WrongPlanet keep to its self-destructive ways and the community will eventually implode. Whatever the case may ultimately be, I can only express my empathy toward everyone who's had a negative experience on that forum, and I hope AspiesCentral is making up for that, as it has with me.

Last edited:
Meant with all respect, but seeing things always in terms of politics is very narrow and poisonous in my opinion. Its an extreme form of labeling/stereotyping. If you take a break and detox from it you may find you see things actually clearer.

Any way you slice it, a polarized, readily combative environment isn't exactly something one would look for in a support forum, that's something I think we all can agree on. Let's just leave it at that...

Disheartening but not surprising, for me at least. It seems as if profit always has something to do with the reasons why problems are deliberately left unsolved. I'm glad I left. While this may seem rather insensitive, part of me just wants to let WrongPlanet keep to its self-destructive ways and the community will eventually implode. Whatever the case may ultimately be, I can only express my empathy toward everyone who's had a negative experience on that forum, and I hope AspiesCentral is making up for that, as it has with me.
I know...

Alex still regularly posts on WP and does stuff...
The site isn't all that profitable nor is this site.
Autism sites are not exactly good at generating advertising revenue (the main source for sites).

Though it would get very stressful running a site loaded with Aspies :D

Meant with all respect, but seeing things always in terms of politics is very narrow and poisonous in my opinion. Its an extreme form of labeling/stereotyping. If you take a break and detox from it you may find you see things actually clearer.

Honestly I try to avoid politics if at all possible. I often don't have a choice when I discuss them. It's not like I seek out trouble, if anything it often seeks me out, I find...

Last edited:
Politically I am on the left, but when I use this site I don't come here to talk about politics. I prefer to focus on our shared experiences as autistic people, regardless of political views, religious beliefs etc. and find common ground. You could be the most conservative person on the planet and I would definitely disagree with you, but that wouldn't matter too much if we were both talking about a band or a movie we really like or sharing tips for coping with sensory overload etc.

I spent a little time on wrong planet. I was never attacked or had negative experiences but I saw a lot of aggressive posts toward others. It is definitely not always a warm fuzzy place. You need to be on your toes and on guard. I suspect that many of the more unpleasant members are more sociopathic than aspergerian. (There are those among us, on the spectrum, who also have sociopathic tendencies.) It is possible to avoid the nasty people but why bother.

I spent a little time on wrong planet. I was never attacked or had negative experiences but I saw a lot of aggressive posts toward others. It is definitely not always a warm fuzzy place. You need to be on your toes and on guard. I suspect that many of the more unpleasant members are more sociopathic than aspergerian. (There are those among us, on the spectrum, who also have sociopathic tendencies.) It is possible to avoid the nasty people but why bother.

Definitely picked up on that vibe. Going on WP made me feel stressed and anxious so I stopped posting altogether and eventually deleted my account, I know a few people with asperger's IRL who are really sociopathic/antisocial too, I used to have this neighbour who was always really edgy and paranoid all the time, I'm glad he moved away because his presence used to stress me out so much even though he was harmless, just his attitude.

Definitely picked up on that vibe. Going on WP made me feel stressed and anxious so I stopped posting altogether and eventually deleted my account, I know a few people with asperger's IRL who are really sociopathic/antisocial too, I used to have this neighbour who was always really edgy and paranoid all the time, I'm glad he moved away because his presence used to stress me out so much even though he was harmless, just his attitude.

I am a bit sociopathic myself but I never felt the need to be aggressive towards anyone. It's easier to just avoid them and not get involved. I have a WP account but hardly ever use it. I feel this site is more applicable to my needs, more personable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom