• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's on your mind right now?

Correspondence with a former associate has me fighting PTSD, while my summer chores languish.

Allowing myself to get triggered then post in that state of mind. It has shown me that I need far more work than I thought on self control.

My anxiety is turning into fear. The animal shelter where I want to volunteer is having an orientation tonight, and because I had trouble navigating their website, I didn't sign in for it in advance like others did, so there's a chance that they won't let me participate until I sign up for the next one next month. I really want to talk to my mom about it, but I am stuck in IMR until three, and I already explained my situation. I want to cry so badly, but I can't, because right now I am in a public building, so I will have to wait until then. I just wanted to be like most people, having a more constructive schedule. I could write more, but now I have to wait until IMR is over

How I always mess up in IMR because whenever I have an anxiety attack (like now), I had to leave because I feel like I messed up. This is the third time it happened, and sometimes I wonder if my peers and facilitator even appreciate me anymore. They probably want me gone because I seem to waste their time and everyone else's time. I'm such a coward anymore!

Last edited:
that i'd like to read more, there's a lot of books i wanted to read, looking for inspiration to write my own things, but i can't seem to ever sit down and relax enough to be able to get absorbed in a book. it's like i'm always scratching about looking for a distraction.

Looking forward to Sunday, because I am going to happy hour with some female relatives of mine. We are also going to craft because a cousin has a bestie who specializes in painting and making designs on wooden boards.

I also would like to go to a fair (I haven't been there in a long time), but my mother is concerned about my grandmother, because according to my mother, she might want to go too, and mom feels obligated to make her and everyone else happy. However, Mom did say she might come with me later throughout the day, so we'll see.

I don’t really trust the research surveys when they are posted here… Most posters create an account and post the survey right away. If any of them spent time poring through the threads, they would probably learn more about us than most surveys could reveal.

It’s making me feel very one of the gang though – I feel protective of my group.:blush: Never had a group before, so, I’d like to take good care of this one and my place in it.

One of my many cousins have two sons, and he and his wife invited me to come to Cedar Point for the kids' birthday party three Saturdays from now. I know they mean well, but right now, I can't afford to go, and it's far from where I live, even though it's in the same state. Also, both my parents will be working that day (yes, they work on weekends, too), so I need to look after the pets while they're gone.

I don’t really trust the research surveys when they are posted here… Most posters create an account and post the survey right away. If any of them spent time poring through the threads, they would probably learn more about us than most surveys could reveal.

It’s making me feel very one of the gang though – I feel protective of my group.:blush: Never had a group before, so, I’d like to take good care of this one and my place in it.

Oddly this tends to happen on a lot of forums. Unfortunately they usually have no interest in getting to know people and learn more, they're just trying to aggregate data for their research paper or whatever. And me, being naive as heck and way too nice to strangers, fills out every one of them and feeds into their nonsense. lol

Oddly this tends to happen on a lot of forums. Unfortunately they usually have no interest in getting to know people and learn more, they're just trying to aggregate data for their research paper or whatever. And me, being naive as heck and way too nice to strangers, fills out every one of them and feeds into their nonsense. lol

I guess it makes sense, we are a target audience, already assembled. I actually find research and surveys rather interesting, but the quality of those coming through this forum are so varied that I am definitely wary. Some people’s approaches are fine, but others’ feels rather condescending.

It’s also odd because it’s like everyone is here hanging out, talking about different things… almost like we are on a camping trip or at a lawn party together and a stranger shows up with a bunch of surveys. Odd feeling, that’s all.

https://62e528761d0685343e1c-f3d1b99a743ffa4142d9d7f1978d9686.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/files/139426/wide_article/width1356x668/rthvy2wz-1474974362.jpg

joke lol. I hope my sister not asks me again about my (not existing) job, because it starts to get really annoying. I like to do something with her, but it decreases with each time she asks me the same.

I had a nice day overall : )

New Threads

Top Bottom