• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's on your mind right now?

The turtle I found up the road didn't pee
while I carried him down to the pond.
He took a while feeling comfortable enough
to get in the water and swim away. (So long
that I started to wonder whether he was ok
or not. But then he took off swimming.)

upload_2022-6-16_19-27-17.png

Saw a guy I follow talk about the Sonic fandom and what "autists" did to it. He said some really insulting things when he's usually a nice guy.

I slowly came to the stunning realization that a man with a 15-year, 30,000 post thread building superheroes and video game characters for tabletop RPGs, a man who bought a solo dinner with a Disney princess at age 35, may not think he's one of us.

I am still trying to process this.

Funny how being outside when it's dark out is so much more terrifying than being inside with the lights off.

I feel relieved because I talked with my therapist about my problems and fears, but it´s sad that I have to another week for the next appointment. it would have been better to talk more, but the appointments are limited and neither I or the therapist can change that.

^ me too.
I've let myself down. I have broke my diet. I have dishonored myself. *aw well...continues to eat *
Got to do something today..and it's just...' meh.'
That scene from Fargo.
People who can't shut up about Prince Harry, what's is going on? I don't know. I don't care.

I don't know what's on it until I can find it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have gone to look for myself.
If I should return before I get back,
please ask me to wait. :p

People who tell me i am too "pessimistic" blow my mind. Are you sure you are not delusional to the difficulties i face everyday? And hide for the sake of your comfort and happiness?

Strange, but good, day today. Woke up at 3:00 am. Got to work at 7:00 am. Worked a little extra to help my boss, and she was happy with that. Got a bunch or errands done. I still have a bunch of energy for having been up since 3:00 am. I was ready to relax until I saw the wickedest spider on the wall. Completely freaked out for about half an hour. And now I am relaxing by burning some myrrh. I going to do some reading. I think that I am starting to pull out of my depression. Nothing particular on my mind - it’s just in a good space.

I'm concerned that RE9 is going to be silly, from the rumours I happened to see online yesterday. Seems like it will be in another village setting. Yawn!

Plus, I don't like the gameplay elements of the newer RE games, with the idea that you can trade with a vendor and get tons and tons of ammo. That's just silly. How would he get his items around everywhere, undetected? Like seriously. The Merchant has a whole shop under his jacket in RE4.

I swear. RE4 is absolutely terrible and overrated. Not as a general game in the action genre. But as a RE game in a general sense, it's awfully foolish of anyone to proclaim it is one.

I had a dream that i confronted my parents about my autism and all the difficulties i faced. Only in my dreams i guess lol.

I still have the dream of getting involved with the local autism communities, but i don't know how it will happen with me still not being open about being autistic

I saw some face masks made for germ protection on ebay that had clever sayings on them such as, "I'm not sick, but you are", and "Germaphobe". I'd like to get one, along with a T-Shirt that says "If you can read this, you and your germs are too close!":mask::laughing:
I can't believe I posted this just before the whole world knew about covid 19. Scary. I think the t shirt is still a good idea, though.

1. I sure will miss Olivia Newton-John, she had a great singing voice and was a talented actress in Grease.

2. My mother and I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame today. We saw a lot of exhibits, and even went to see a show there (it's actually a short film showing off some performances from the Rock Hall inductees, complete with a light show.

Along the way, I found a place in Rock Hall where one can suggest and vote for future nominees. My brain was basically like, "alright, you got a great opportunity here to send your fave band to the Rock Hall, so what are you waiting for, just DO IT!"

So why did I vote for Iron Maiden?

There are two rules that I had to keep in mind. The first one was that their first album had to be released 25 years ago. Sounds promising, since a lot of bands I know and love have albums released more than 25 years ago.

The second rule is that they have to have a significant impact (mostly positive) in rock history. Not sure about that one, since some bands I like are less popular in other countries, and some artists have bad reputations (no pun on Joan Jett) that could taint their chances to even be nominated.

So I considered other options for possible nominees, including Styx (the first band that came to mind) the Bangles, the Dave Matthews Band, No Doubt, Sheryl Crow, the B-52's, the Carpenters, Foreigner, and REO Speedwagon, among others, before finally settling with Iron Maiden.

I don't know too much about Iron Maiden, but I have personally know a few people in my family, as well as a former classmate, who enjoy them. They actually have been nominated at least once already (about a more than a year ago), so maybe they may be nominated again. I thought long and hard about this, and the reason was because I didn't want to vote just for me, but for other people as well due to releasing an album more than 25 years ago, and being very popular in the world of heavy metal; heck, the classmate I mentioned before even got to meet them!

I still have some hope for some of the other bands and artists I mentioned, but I also have to remember that not every rock and roll fan will have the same opinion that I do, and that it is not necessarily a competition to take seriously. If they get nominated, that's fine, but if they don't, that's fine too.

I apologize if it seems that I am shoving ideas down others' throats, that is not my intent. I just wanted to share something.

New Threads

Top Bottom